Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Naughty Ospreys being investigated

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

MurphysLaw wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Perhaps it is the invective that is the problem...or maybe all should acknowledge that none of the clubs behaves honourably all the time, or even some of it.

Tigers have a roll-call of bad things, from Deano to Backy, the treatment of Loffreda and so on. Other clubs have done things too, but some do take inordinate offence at perceived slights and you would think their clubs are bastions of transparent practice and unimpeachable morals.

So perhaps it is important to banter more and insult less!
I personally am a tad harsh on the Celtic regions, since I see them as having several institutionalised advantages over club sides from England. This is not anti-Welsh (ex Whites fan) or anti-Irish (ethnic), but my take on the funding of the regions and the structuring of the Magners. But that is not 'one-eyed', and equally no reason to be insulted!

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043

Your comments about IRFU/Munster/Flannery/Flutey on here were not only out of place, out of context, untrue and opinionated. But the most one eyed utter drivel I have ever come across on here. And boy that is saying something. I'd love to debate your opinions face to face with you, but as with all the other internet terrorists I've disarmed on here that is unlikely to happen. I will just be scowled at anonymously in one of the bars at the Tigers. :smt044
Wow - disarming internet terrorists and then being scowled at anonymously.Do you go "disarming" on any other Club forums ? It must be very... exciting! :smt004
I can't say too much, it's all hush hush you know
:smt002
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Noggs wrote:[quote="stevetelcom2000 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 Your comments about IRFU/Munster/Flannery/Flutey on here were not only out of place, out of context, untrue and opinionated. But the most one eyed utter drivel I have ever come across on here. And boy that is saying something. I'd love to debate your opinions face to face with you, but as with all the other internet terrorists I've disarmed on here that is unlikely to happen. I will just be scowled at anonymously in one of the bars at the Tigers. :smt044
Thank god we're not all as good as you...., otherwise, we'd have to decend to insults which would never do :smt009[/quote]

I rest my case :smt043
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Please STOP

Please, back to topic.
Always a Tiger
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:I rest my case :smt043
Please do.

Unless you are able to explain why it is taking so long to check the registration details of the relevant players.
Still keeping the faith!
FBI
Tiger Cub

Post by FBI »

Noggs wrote:
Tircoeds wrote: I have checked some more on the laws regarding contracts for the HC, and all I can find is that at the time of signing, the player must have a minimum of a three month contract. Nothing else. It doesn't even say that the contract can not be cancelled after just 1 game /week and so on. I would imagine it would be hard to enforce as if the player recruited in such a manner, commited some gross misconduct, the club could claim it was unfair that they could not dispense of their services.

Sometimes it pays to be streetwise on the pitch, I'm sure you all know and agree with that, other times is pays to be streetwise off it.

By your own words be judged.

If the competition rule says that any player must be on a minimum 3 month contract and you sign a player on a 3 month contract on the prior understanding that he will only play for and be effectively under contract for 2 months in my book that is blatant and cynical cheating.

Street wise my :butthead:

What was your view of the Hipkiss / Dupuy blood substitution in Cardiff last year?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

FBI wrote:
What was your view of the Hipkiss / Dupuy blood substitution in Cardiff last year?
As it relates to this thread I don't have a view......,unless of course you know different :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

you are not seriously suggesting the blood was fake? it was checked by the officials they were happy with it no problem.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Noggs wrote:As it relates to this thread I don't have a view......,unless of course you know different :smt003
Don't confuse what happens in 'open play' with cheating off the field.

Bloodgate was not something that happened in open play - it was calculated before anyone took to the field.

The Hipkiss / Dupuy incident happened on the field. Personally Lewis/Rolland should NOT have allowed the substitution. But they did so it was dealt with. Just like awarding a penalty for offside or hand in a ruck - the referee deals with it on the pitch.

If Januarie/Ospreys signed a three month contract knowing they would terminate it after two, that constitutes an off field contravention of the rules and is blatent cheating.
Always a Tiger
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

bluntiger wrote:
Noggs wrote:As it relates to this thread I don't have a view......,unless of course you know different :smt003
Don't confuse what happens in 'open play' with cheating off the field.

Bloodgate was not something that happened in open play - it was calculated before anyone took to the field.

The Hipkiss / Dupuy incident happened on the field. Personally Lewis/Rolland should NOT have allowed the substitution. But they did so it was dealt with. Just like awarding a penalty for offside or hand in a ruck - the referee deals with it on the pitch.

If Januarie/Ospreys signed a three month contract knowing they would terminate it after two, that constitutes an off field contravention of the rules and is blatent cheating.

Could not have put it better myself :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

bluntiger wrote:If Januarie/Ospreys signed a three month contract knowing they would terminate it after two, that constitutes an off field contravention of the rules and is blatent cheating.
Actually I am not sure it is (off field contravention of the rules)

The rules merely say that on the Wednesday before the first game the player plays in he must have a minimum three month contract.

It may be outwith the spirit of the rules but within the letter of them.

In which case the rules need changing.
Still keeping the faith!
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

jgriffin wrote:Perhaps it is the invective that is the problem...or maybe all should acknowledge that none of the clubs behaves honourably all the time, or even some of it.

Tigers have a roll-call of bad things, from Deano to Backy, the treatment of Loffreda and so on. Other clubs have done things too, but some do take inordinate offence at perceived slights and you would think their clubs are bastions of transparent practice and unimpeachable morals.
Aint gonna argue with you there !

jgriffin wrote:I personally am a tad harsh on the Celtic regions, since I see them as having several institutionalised advantages over club sides from England. This is not anti-Welsh (ex Whites fan) or anti-Irish (ethnic), but my take on the funding of the regions and the structuring of the Magners. But that is not 'one-eyed', and equally no reason to be insulted!
Or there ..... your point of view and entitled to it
jgriffin wrote:So perhaps it is important to banter more and insult less!
Or there !!!

Now, this accusation of being a one-eye ... mmm, I seem to remember being touted as someone who provides a balanced view (a tigers fan posted such, it wasnt my view of myself), I also seem to remember being asked to comment on this thread (again, a tigers fans' request, not mine).

How am I one eyed ? I have agreed that with Byrne, we messed up, all that I have defended is the severity of the sanction when compared to those that have happened in the past for exactly / similar offences.

Please, answer me that one question ?

Now, for Januarie, until we hear the outcome there is nothing to get hot under the collar about ..... as BillW correctly pointed out in an ealier post "IF clubs are ignoring the laws then they deserve to be investigated" or words to that effect (PRL being right in challenging such behaviour also --- I think that was what was said).

As for the bastions of transparent practice and unimpeachable morals, I have posted many times on here, and at least once on this particualr thread, no club, inlcuding my own can claim to be so. Not sure who once said this, but as rugby is a business, "The business of business is business" (if I remember correctly it was someone during the Thatcher era ... a business leader as opposed to a politicain, I think the name may have been Milton but I could be mistaken - anyone care to name the person ?)

A number of posters have said it is totally unfair to recruit just for the HC. Okay, its a point of view. Others have said that teams should use their academy, okay, another point of view. Each time I have asked about the recruitment of Tuqiri, no one has responded .... I'm not badmouthing it, it made sense to do at the time given the injuries across your squad. Of course, if it is wrong to do so for the HC, then is it also wrong to do so for the GP ? No, not in my opinion.

Finally, as far as insults go, telling me to shove my earlier post up my posterior doesn't count as one ?
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Tuqiri was indeed brought in the cover Geordies injury and despensation was given under the salary cap rules. He will complete his full contract before return to West Tigers, not going home a month early. (As far as i'm aware).

Now if we can all move on, just a step to the right! :smt023

Don't know what it is but Tigers & O's just seem to attract controversy.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

Bill W (2) wrote:The rules merely say that on the Wednesday before the first game the player plays in he must have a minimum three month contract.

It may be out with the spirit of the rules but within the letter of them.

In which case the rules need changing.
Said the same myself Bill, but for some reason some on here don't appear to grasp that.

As I said in an earlier post, it would need careful wording to ensure you could dispense of those who commit "gross misconduct" (drug abuse and so on).
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tircoeds wrote:[Each time I have asked about the recruitment of Tuqiri, no one has responded .... I'm not badmouthing it, it made sense to do at the time given the injuries across your squad. Of course, if it is wrong to do so for the HC, then is it also wrong to do so for the GP ? No, not in my opinion.

Now look here! No I don't mean it but how dare you come on here being all reasonable!!

Tugiri was recruited and given under the rules of PRL which allow for a long term injured player (G. Murphy) to be taken out of the salary cap. Dispensation was given by PRL.

The issue (as I understand it and I may not) is whether Ospreys and others saught and received dispensation from ERC to bring Januarie and others in on what it is alleged to be two month contracts, when the rules stipulate they should be three month (minimum) contracts.
Still keeping the faith!