Good win but flat feeling... Times article

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Good win but flat feeling... Times article

Post by vinniechan »

I don't think he was overly harsh. Admittedly we have had a slow start to the season.
Besides, I heard that in the S14, the referee are cracking down on players not rolling away in the tackle, which to me is a huge step forward.
Why is it that they always seems to a step ahead of us in the SH?
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

jgriffin wrote:
Certainly the massive crowds don't seem to be generated by this 'attractive product'.
Slightly disagree with this

Even with the supposedly rubbish Northern Hemisphere rugby being played the crowds for the 6N's are still pretty much sell outs every game.

Tigers are getting battered almost constantly with complaints about awful rugby and yet our avergae attendance must be closer to if not slightly over 20k

Whether this will continue I can't say but at the moment I don't think crowds are being effected by negative rugby
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Whether this will continue I can't say but at the moment I don't think crowds are being effected by negative rugby
It will be, but probably not for two years.
I for one already have a season ticket for next year, so my attendance, should boring negativity continue, will not fall away until after that.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I agree, Pete, but it isn't we season ticket holders who will immediately fall away, though we may in due course. It is the occasional spectators who now have another, brighter show to go and see just down the road in Northampton who will disappear first.
Valhalla I am coming!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

RobGale wrote:Even with the supposedly rubbish Northern Hemisphere rugby being played the crowds for the 6N's are still pretty much sell outs every game.
This is absolutely true, but is probably more symptomatic of the "big day out" mentality that permeates all sporting venues, be it Lords, Ascot, Henley, or Wimbledon.

The Twickenham corporates and oiks go back to work on Monday saying: "Well I drank a lot too much, wore my Queen Boudecia outfit, messed about with my mates, got my face on TV, and saw <name of adopted team> win. Brilliant time."

They don't go back to work looking glum, saying: "To be honest, the rucking was so poor, and what with the lack of ambition from our backs, I'm going to give my ticket away next year."
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

As an indicator.

I was offered a hospitality table at Twickers for the NZ game yesterday at half price!
Still keeping the faith!
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Kinoulton wrote:
RobGale wrote:Even with the supposedly rubbish Northern Hemisphere rugby being played the crowds for the 6N's are still pretty much sell outs every game.
This is absolutely true, but is probably more symptomatic of the "big day out" mentality that permeates all sporting venues, be it Lords, Ascot, Henley, or Wimbledon.

The Twickenham corporates and oiks go back to work on Monday saying: "Well I drank a lot too much, wore my Queen Boudecia outfit, messed about with my mates, got my face on TV, and saw <name of adopted team> win. Brilliant time."

They don't go back to work looking glum, saying: "To be honest, the rucking was so poor, and what with the lack of ambition from our backs, I'm going to give my ticket away next year."
And even I can't argue with this!