Most one-sided match seen live ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Most one-sided match seen live ?

Post by Purebob »

Well my boy and I attended DK's match against Cheltenham north today. We beat them 88 nil. Hardly time for a wee and another Guinness without missing a try.

A rare near-training runout for our boys against the hapless Cheltenham lads, I think its was the most one-sided match and result I ever saw live.

Englands boning by South Africa in 2008 was my previous candidate, on the receiving end.

What are the most one-sided matches you have seen ?
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Most one-sided match seen live ?

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Unfortunately my team were on the receiving end of a ??-0 match once, glad I went off after 5 minutes with a knee injury. It was a much depleted second team last season. Fortunately we've redeemed ourselves this year!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

The Heineken Cup match against Benetton Treviso last season, it was one of the first matches I went to with OH. We left early because it was so one-sided!! :smt042
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Our match against Bristol at the end of last season (hosted at the Crisp Bowl) was a particularly poor effort on the part of the visitors.

Can't remember the final score, but it must have been 70 odd points. I'm sure someone who can be bothered to check will give the details! I'm off to bed! :smt015
It's only cheating if you get caught.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Australia - England, tour from hell?
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Blimey westy did you watch that live ??? 96 nil wasn't it ?
oxtig

Post by oxtig »

1992: Leicester Vs Liverpool St Helens. Leicester won 100-0 which is the club record, see bottom of this page:

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/cu ... istics.php

iirc as Tigers racked up the points we were wondering what would happen if they got to 100, as the scoreboard wasn't the current nice electronic one, it only had space for 2 digit scores. I think someone wrote an extra zero on a bit of paper and stuck it on the end. But I'm not sure.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

A cold and very frosty Saturday morning and the High Pavement 2nd team were due to play Nottingham High School who, according to our esteemed rugby coach, were a bunch of toffee nosed puffs.

Well they were. And they cancelled the fixture due to the frost.

However, our resourceful coach managed to hastily arrange another fixture against an inner city secondary modern school called Elliot Durham.

XV of the biggest Jamaican kids we'd ever seen turned up and hammered us 55-0.

Lessons about complacency were learned!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

[quote="Purebob"]Well my boy and I attended DK's match against Cheltenham north today. We beat them 88 nil. Hardly time for a wee and another Guinness without missing a try.

A rare near-training runout for our boys against the hapless Cheltenham lads, I think its was the most one-sided match and result I ever saw live.

Englands boning by South Africa in 2008 was my previous candidate, on the receiving end.

What are the most one-sided matches you have seen ?[/quote]
Twickenham - England 135 Romania 0
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I think if you just go on performance rather than the score,today is a candidate.
Italy really showed how rugby is played with the ball in hand and a bit of adventure,no aimless kicking.If they did kick it wasn't straight to another player and when the ball was kicked to them,they ran it back with interest.
England were the perfect training example of how not to play international rugby,that was so depressing to watch.
I actually believe if we fielded a combined tri-nations best XV trained by the current England coaches,we'd turn out the same dross.
Skillfull club players go to England and turn into rubbish,sort of reverse midas touch.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

I forget the exact details, however I'm sure somebody will pop up & post them:~

A "Leicester Tigers" side V An "Indian" representative side a few seasons back now.

From memory it was a Pre-Season game & I seem to recall Tigers running up a 3 figure score, could it have been 147 - 3 ?

From the moment the opposition "Ran" onto the pitch it was clear it was a serious & potentially dangerous mis-match. The phrase men V boys would not have done the game justice it was so one sided.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

hong kong 164-13 against singapore.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

you not seen the results against manchester in nat one this season...??

my local team (stourbridge) beat them 95-0 i think they have also been beat 100+ - 0 by the likes of esher..
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Hi Kev, fellow yamyam Tiger fan ! :)

I read those results, yep ! But I was wondering about those matches seen live. Its a strange set of feelings I got watching DK embarrass those noble lads from Cheltenham, tho' I was was pleased with the win and performance.

Strange I should be completely chuffed, but I felt bad for them at the end.