Post by Bill W (2) »

He will go the way of Gav.
Still keeping the faith!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Cips off down under?

Post by bluntiger »

Why are so many top-quality first-team players leaving Wasps?

First Flutey, Haskell, Rees and now Sackey and Cipriani it seems to be developing into a culture at Wasps.

Long away from the days of Shaw, Dalaglio etc. And who next? Waldouck? Rees? Simpson?
Always a Tiger
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

bluntiger wrote:Why are so many top-quality first-team players leaving Wasps?

First Flutey, Haskell, Rees and now Sackey and Cipriani it seems to be developing into a culture at Wasps.

Long away from the days of Shaw, Dalaglio etc. And who next? Waldouck? Rees? Simpson?
It all started with Randrew!!!!
Still keeping the faith!
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

This , allegedly and without prejudice, is why he is leaving....
He knows he has ZERO chance of playing for England whilst Johnno and Wellys are i/c----- he is too flawed, is an unreliable goalkicker under pressure, and carries too much baggage
The Cipriani thought process is, --- to come back after the World Cup, when we are looking for new management, and he will be able to start again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

norfolkexpat wrote:This , allegedly and without prejudice, is why he is leaving....
He knows he has ZERO chance of playing for England whilst Johnno and Wellys are i/c----- he is too flawed, is an unreliable goalkicker under pressure, and carries too much baggage
The Cipriani thought process is, --- to come back after the World Cup, when we are looking for new management, and he will be able to start again.
Good rationalisation.

Still think he will do a Gav.
Still keeping the faith!
McScotty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by McScotty »

bluntiger wrote:Why are so many top-quality first-team players leaving Wasps?

Do you mean Palmer,as Rees can't have left, and joined again, or maybe he has :smt003
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Agree with Norfolkexpat's reasoning.

Don't think he will do a Gav just yet as a) She is not a millionaire like Charlotte Church and b) I don't think he is anywhere ready for a family.

Sooooo.....Wasps are looking for a no 10. Hope Worcester have got Goode signed and sealed (he couldn't could he?)AAAgh
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

what makes you think we will be looking for a new management after the world cup? he is a great talent but has seemed to be hated by the media and coaches since he was seen in a nightclub before an england game.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:what makes you think we will be looking for a new management after the world cup? he is a great talent but has seemed to be hated by the media and coaches since he was seen in a nightclub before an england game.
Think it goes back before then.

ATTITUDE.
Still keeping the faith!
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

It's not what I think-

It is what Cipriani thinks-- his rationale

The England Management could not hack his total lack of professionalism/arrogance --ie texting during analysis etc

Their private opinion
Good Riddance
kricher192

Post by kricher192 »

kingol22 wrote:what makes you think we will be looking for a new management after the world cup? he is a great talent but has seemed to be hated by the media and coaches since he was seen in a nightclub before an england game.
Ahem, It was a strip club :smt044
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
BHB
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BHB »

REF. BW(2) & KINGCOL 22
Attitude - maybe he has links himself with the millionaire soccer players.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21022010/ ... orced.html

And here's an article explaining his decision.......depression!

He's lost 15 caps? Personally, from that article, I say he isn't mentally strong enough to be an England player, sounds like spitting the dummy to me. He really is a talented rugby player, who IMHO just doesn't like it if he doesn't get his own way, wants to be a superstar with all the trimmings without doing the hard yards - at least that's how he appears to me. What a waste (?) of talent.

If this article is to be believed of course :smt002 not from a 'usual source' I just stumbled across it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Compare and contrast his attitude with that of Johnny Wilkinson and it doesn't take long to see the problem. I watched him in the Saxons in the summer when he was pretty awful so it's no surprise to me that he's not in the EPS.

If it's not for the money (and he says it's about the same as he was getting at Wasps) and he realises it says goodbye to his 2011 RWC chances then it doesn't indicate to me that playing FH for England is that high on his list of priorities.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.