Cips off down under?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Cips off down under?

Post by Bill W (2) »

[quote="jgriffin"]Just hate stereotypalists.
quote]

Requires real skill to operate a 3D keyboard!

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

On the side further down the article:

Pack of Tigers

Seven forwards from Leicester’s team that won the Heineken Cup in 1997 have gone on to notable coaching careers

Martin Johnson (England team manager): World Cup-winning captain in 2003. Appointed to his present position in April 2008 despite not having any coaching experience.

John Wells (England forwards coach): Former flanker was head coach at Leicester before leaving for the RFU academy in 2005. Became forwards coach to the national team in May 2006.

Graham Rowntree (England scrum coach): Made 398 appearances for Leicester before retirement in 2007. Appointed by England in August 2008.

Richard Cockerill (Leicester head coach): Now in charge at Welford Road after spell as forwards coach. Led the club to the Guinness Premiership title last season.

Dean Richards (former Harlequins director of rugby): Was director of rugby at Leicester after making 314 appearances as a player. His downfall came in the “Bloodgate” scandal last season.

Neil Back (Leeds Carnegie head coach): Coached at Leicester even before his retirement as a player in 2005. Led Leeds to promotion in first season in charge in 2008-09.

Dorian West (Northampton forwards coach): Was an unused replacement in 1997. Appointed to present post in June 2007.

Leicester Mafia and England nothing to do with Tigers developing England players?
Is Cips England's Henson?
Pest
Tiger Cub

Post by Pest »

Hi All

Well, first indications in the news today are that he's going. I know that he gets ripped for all kinds of stuff including his rock and roll lifestyle and petulant attitude as well as the fact that many think he's overrated. Grains of truth to some degree or other in all of that.

However, even if I weren't a pest and supported another team, I would be able to see that this is bad news. Hopefully this will make him and he will come back more complete; hopefully he won't remain exiled for too long and hopefully someone at some stage in the England set up will recognise and support his rehabilitation into the squad. If not, it will be a terrible waste of a genuine talent just begging to be nurtured fully. I just think its a real shame.

Cheers
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I have a simple view to most things, including "rugby prodigies" :

A. Some players are brilliant but sometimes have a bad game
B. Some players are average but sometimes have a brilliant game.

Cips is definitely "B" I think in the same way Jonny WIlkinson is/was a deffo "A".

Word. * folds arms in the petulant manner of a gangsta rapper **
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

He is potentially the best English 10. We simply cannot afford to let talent like that be wasted. Jonny has shot his bolt, Gerahty & Hodgson don't seem to have the mental strength and much as I admire Toby Flood's play for Tigers I really do not think he has the full set of skills required to be a top international.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Yep, me too. I see an eager, fast player with flashes of genius diluted by basic errors and poor decisions. And he can't kick for toffee.

I'd take flood any day of the week over CIps.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Purebob wrote:Yep, me too. I see an eager, fast player with flashes of genius diluted by basic errors and poor decisions. And he can't kick for toffee.

All too true. People can blame MJ all they want but Cips is not being picked regularly for Wasps at Fly-half and he's not going to play full back for England as long as Armitage has two legs.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

I'm really worried about the future of English rugby. Could we get so lucky as to send him to make a pile in Aus? Ceefax today reveals thet they are just sounding out a number of players.
If he does go perhaps he could develop as a player - or even be found out as quite an ordinary prodigy.
If it comes to pass, he may find that Aussies thump him regularly instead of the possible French at Stade or wherever. What did Josh Lewsey start?
Tigers - true Champions!
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

Johnno is now quoted as saying that Cipriani will be turning his back on his England career if he goes to Aus. At the same time, he admits he hasn't actually spoken to him about it. It seems to me that, if the England management seriously believe he will make the grade (sooner if not later), then someone needs to have a serious word with the lad about where his career is heading - down the swanee if he goes South, imho.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

But who would he listen to? Dayglo? - hardly unbiased - wasps interest. Sedwards - same. Sir Ian - maybe. Sir C - possibly.
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Anyone know how much Melbourne are offering him?
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Too much Bill, far too much!
Valhalla I am coming!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

daktari wrote:
Purebob wrote:Yep, me too. I see an eager, fast player with flashes of genius diluted by basic errors and poor decisions. And he can't kick for toffee.

All too true. People can blame MJ all they want but Cips is not being picked regularly for Wasps at Fly-half and he's not going to play full back for England as long as Armitage has two legs.
If he could catch high balls with his legs he'd have been less conspicuous today, thought he was poor, particularly under the high ball, not his usual reliable self. Granted, one he went to catch and knocked on was, IMO, a result of a Welsh player pushing an england player (can't remember which one) into him as he prepared to catch, and he popped up to make the important interception that led to our breakaway try, but not one of his best days at the office, still everyone is entitled to an off day, just glad it didn't cost us as it so easily could've done. would still give him the nod over the C-word though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.