England vs Wales

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: England vs Wales

Post by Rizzo »

tigermad wrote::smt005 :smt005

What sort of reception will Lee Byrne get if he starts for Wales on Saturday? after he has his two match overturned on appeal tonight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 492652.stm

A respectably polite one, I would hope. I dislike the booing and jeering that seems to be a growing trend in rugby.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Rizzo wrote: A respectably polite one, I would hope. I dislike the booing and jeering that seems to be a growing trend in rugby.
Will he wear the number 16 shirt?

<sorry - only joking>
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:Personally I am disgusted with the ERC, WRU and Mr Byrne and referee Lewis. I hope,much against form, that England win handsomely, finger signal style.

I think the death of the rugby spirit and true sportsmanship has been announced by the actions on both sides.
I share your disgust.
Still keeping the faith!
WickWelsh
Tiger Cub

Post by WickWelsh »

bluntiger wrote:
FBI wrote:Richard Cockerill claimed that the England physio used to take a razor blade onto the pitch with him to feign blood injuries but that he refused to have any part in it. Why did his stance change last year? Is the chairman of the club putting too much pressure on him to achieve results by whatever means? Is this short term approach approved by the shareholders? Is the corporate governance structure up to scratch? Are the directors questioning these practices?
To be fair to Hipkiss, there was blood in a cut on his head. Hardly streaming blood, but there was blood and Lewis (ironically) acknowledged and allowed it.

Anyway, wasn't Byrne actually off the field for a 'blood' injury when he wrongly re-entered the field without permission? And that was blood on his toe! Hardly a contamination risk.

The whole blood injury process was introduced to prevent contamination but has since been abused like every other law. Like this appeal law is being abused now as I originally said.
How was the appeal law abused? The outcome showed the findings of the original hearing to be incorrect. Good job there was an appeal process then.

The issue with Hipkiss wasn't that there wasn't blood. He went off earlier for a genuine blood injury, came back on with his head swathed in bandages which were then ripped off to get the blood flowing again.

Yet another example of Tigers 'professionalism'.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Personally I am disgusted with the ERC, WRU and Mr Byrne and referee Lewis. I hope,much against form, that England win handsomely, finger signal style.

I think the death of the rugby spirit and true sportsmanship has been announced by the actions on both sides.
I also agree.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WickWelsh wrote: How was the appeal law abused? The outcome showed the findings of the original hearing to be incorrect. Good job there was an appeal process then.

No they didn't. They found that the sanction was incorrect. The findings (in respect of Byrne) could hardly be incorrect since Byrne pleaded guilty.

Where the findings were incorrect is that they did not adequately deal with the actions (or lack of) the officials.
Still keeping the faith!
WickWelsh
Tiger Cub

Post by WickWelsh »

Bill W (2) wrote:
WickWelsh wrote: How was the appeal law abused? The outcome showed the findings of the original hearing to be incorrect. Good job there was an appeal process then.

No they didn't. They found that the sanction was incorrect. The findings (in respect of Byrne) could hardly be incorrect since Byrne pleaded guilty.

Where the findings were incorrect is that they did not adequately deal with the actions (or lack of) the officials.
Fair call. I agree, there was a distinct lack of close examination of the officials and their actions in the matter.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WickWelsh wrote:Fair call. I agree, there was a distinct lack of close examination of the officials and their actions in the matter.
I think I am repeating myself on another thread. <sorry mods>

Dani says she gave the sub card to a named official. What did it say? Because the blood sub for Byrne was not the guy who (eventually) went off. That would have required two sub cards wouldn't it? Of course Scott's mind was on the next major coaching decision. What was that then?

A kindergarten class could do better than ERC's analysis of what went wrong.

Oh no. Draw a line. Carry on until the next fiasco. Sorry - debacle - that's Rizzo's word.

Wrong thread.

England v Wales. Draw. 3-3. And one of the penalties the TV shows missed but the Assistant Referees and Referee gave it.
Still keeping the faith!
FBI
Tiger Cub

Post by FBI »

Matthew Rees has joined Gethin Jenkins on the doubtful list for this weekend.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

FBI wrote:Matthew Rees has joined Gethin Jenkins on the doubtful list for this weekend.
Jenkins and Rees, Jenkins in particular, would be a massive loss for Wales - more so than Lee being out.
FBI
Tiger Cub

Post by FBI »

Wales: Lee Byrne, Leigh Halfpenny/Tom James, James Hook, Jamie Roberts, Shane Williams, Steven Jones, Gareth Cooper, Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees/Gareth Williams, Adam Jones, Alun-Wyn Jones, Luke Charteris, Andy Powell, Ryan Jones, Martyn Williams.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Iv just got a lovely feeling that Englands back line is going to click! England by 7-10
FBI
Tiger Cub

Post by FBI »

Wales team to face England: Lee Byrne (Ospreys); Tom James (Blues), James Hook (Ospreys), Jamie Roberts (Blues), Shane Williams (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Scarlets); Gareth Cooper (Blues); Gethin Jenkins (Blues), Gareth Williams (Blues), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Dragons), Andy Powell (Blues), Martyn Williams (Blues), Ryan Jones (Ospreys, capt).
Replacements: Huw Bennett (Ospreys), Paul James (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys), Richie Rees (Blues), Andrew Bishop (Ospreys), Leigh Halfpenny (Blues).
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Keep the Ospreys discussion on the Ospreys thread - and discussion about Wales V England ONLY on this one.
Any further posts regarding the Ospreys game, or any resulting happenings, will run the risk of being removed.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother