Johne Murphy confirmed for Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Johne Murphy confirmed for Munster

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Very sad to see Johnne Murphy leave, but I can only wish him good luck.

A player who always gave 100% and a great bloke. At the open day this year he spent about 5 mins hugging my (then) 13 month old daughter, she was giggling the whole time. Thought we had found a baby sitter!

Best wishes Johnne!
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Thank you and good luck to a player who has been a very solid club man. A traditional Tiger type of palyer unlike Varndell
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

A traditional Tiger type of player unlike Varndell
You mean he didn't score too many tries?

Actually the loss of Johne after also losing Varndell is depressing since both could regularly score tries with exciting play. It's a good job we have Amorosino, because left with Tuilagi and Smith it would be quite boring.
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

Pete wrote:

Actually the loss of Johne after also losing Varndell is depressing since both could regularly score tries with exciting play. It's a good job we have Amorosino, because left with Tuilagi and Smith it would be quite boring.
Whats the deal with Tuilagi, are we not utilising him properly? As mentioned on another post all he seems to do is run into contact and then hit the deck, with or without the ball. Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive AT fan but he needs to add more to his game - I remember his try at WR against Sale when he came off his wing and dragged Tait and one or two others across the line - Great attacking try!

Then again I'd love to see Cedric Haymans or Chris Ashton at Leicester! - I know, wishfull thinking.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Arvski wrote:
Pete wrote:

Whats the deal with Tuilagi, are we not utilising him properly? As mentioned on another post all he seems to do is run into contact and then hit the deck, with or without the ball. Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive AT fan but he needs to add more to his game - I remember his try at WR against Sale when he came off his wing and dragged Tait and one or two others across the line - Great attacking try!

Then again I'd love to see Cedric Haymans or Chris Ashton at Leicester! - I know, wishfull thinking.
I had a discussion about AT and the general thought is that when he goes to bash through a player he is going in low, with two players tackling he goes over.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

Good luck Johne and thanks for the memory's, yet another good young Irishman lost because of the pressure applied by the Irish selection policy.

I think it is time that we stopped recruiting young Celtic players, spending time money and effort on developing them, only to see them leave when they reach the top of their game.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

I'm hearing rumours we've replaced him with Strettle who signed last week.
Blimey...
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Crivvens wrote:I'm hearing rumours we've replaced him with Strettle who signed last week.
That rumour started some time ago, possibly two weeks ago. Strettle would be a good addition, especially if Lote goes but I would love to see Lote stay.
Always a Tiger
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

bluntiger wrote:
Crivvens wrote:I'm hearing rumours we've replaced him with Strettle who signed last week.
That rumour started some time ago, possibly two weeks ago. Strettle would be a good addition, especially if Lote goes but I would love to see Lote stay.
I saw the posts on here saying we were interested a couple of weeks ago but this has now come from a Quins fan. Lets hope it's true. I'd like to keep Lote too if possible. Gives us plenty of good options.
Blimey...
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Well, having lost Mauger (probably our highest paypacket) and Murphy J and potentially Moody, we could have room in the salary cap.
Always a Tiger
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

I hope he now has steel metatarsals! Would be a great addition to the squad! I remember his performance for Eng Vs Ireland at Croke Park, the only stand out English player on the field.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Being widely discussed on Quins messageboard. Also, given that Murphy made it clear early on that he would be moving on, this could have been planned for some time.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 0,11256509
Always a Tiger
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

If his injury problems are pretty much over, Strettle would be a great acquisition.

Great running game, and good all round skills. Will need him particularly if Tuqiri goes.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Strettle would be a great signing :smt003 :smt003

I actually think Strettle would be a great outside centre. I was very impressed with him in the Saxons game and when fit he is one of the stand out runners in the GP. He can exploit defences even with very little space.
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

Best of luck Johnne. He always gave 100%. Still, fingers crossed we do seem to be building a good mix of young, pacey backs for next season.