Johne Murphy confirmed for Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Johne Murphy to Sign for Munster?

Post by MurphysLaw »

As someone has posted, on another new thread, Munster have confirmed his signing.

Mods, would you merge the threads?
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Johne Murphy confirmed for Munster

Post by Suz »

I thought we might lose him at the end of last season, so not surprised he has gone now, but still gutted.
Good move for him, hopefully he will fit in the Munster team well and force his way into the full Ireland squad.

Heres hoping we can send him off with another GP winners medal :smt023
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

Goodluck JM, definately seems like a good move for you.

So what does this mean for the wing/ bench position?.. Think I read on another post that Saracen's Noah Cato was seen at Oval Park/ Welford Rd..
Last edited by Arvski on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Whilst clearly popular, its fair to say that he never really kicked-on in the manner that would have been hoped. Massively prone to brain-farts, he has increasingly looked like an overachieving squad player rather than the genuine class that his early appearances hinted at.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Sad to see him go but fully understand his ambitions and wish him all the best.

As for a replacement look no further than Lucas Amorosino.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

After watching him on Friday, VotC I have to concur. Its an exciting prospect , Luke getting game time isn't it ?

His shakiness under the high balls has completely gone and he attacks off a lovely step the second he receives the ball.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

With Johne and Aaron leaving, we have Lucas and 36 as replacements - Perfect.

But I feel we will need to replace Lewis Moody should he leave at the end of the season.
Always a Tiger
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Good luck Johne, an under-rated performer for Tigers over the past couple of years. I don't think his decision to leave is any reflection on Tigers, the boy wants to move back to Ireland to make a claim for the national squad - that's fair enough.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We have had a conection with Ireland for a long time,old age kicked in and I can't remember the international backrow player we had in the 1970's was a particular favourite of the crowd at welford road.
If Johnne is going then good luck and thankyou is what I would say,just remember to be kind if you come up against us in the Heineken. :smt002
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

Shame to see him go, as I personally rate him highly. As for a replacement weren't we linked with David Strettle; look like we're going to have room in the salary cap and would love to see him in a Tigers shirt. Also Tom Biggs contract at Newcastle is up this summer and we always seem to be linked to him.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

A real shame, I had him down as Geordan's replacement in a couple of seasons. Building him up the same way Tiger's did with Geordan and Stimmo.

I genuinely can't see returning to Ireland helping him get into the international squad, there's too many players ahead of him, and I can't see him getting too much big game time. The only advantage (in terms of rugby) is not being captured under the PRLs scheme to prevent too many international call ups other than the pre-agreed England internationals

Wishing him all the best
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Arvski wrote:So what does this mean for the wing/ bench position?.. Think I read on another post that Saracen's Noah Cato was seen at Oval Park/ Welford Rd..
Noah Cato signed a new deal at Saracens a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/ja ... l-saracens

Good luck to Johne when he goes; he's been an excellent servant of the club for the past 5 years. Lets hope he breaks into the Ireland side and gives Eddie Butler a headache in the commentary box (where he be persistently referred to as "John" Murphy). :smt001 Looking at one of the Munster forums, I hope he makes some of the fans eat their words!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Good luck to the lad. Wish him well for the future. I hope Geordan doesnt leave. Do we have any other Irishmen on our books, if not we need to sign someone to keep Geordy company
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Maybe this will be the incentive for Tuqiri to sign on again??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!