Re: #16 Speaks - all Ospreys discussion here please

Post by Swan02 »

That is one of the most hilarious articles I have ever read :smt039
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Easy targets, looks like it was lazily written over a fag break. 3/10.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

If we cant keep perspective (and a sense of humour) then we are the whingers others say we are.

Great spoof. Loved it.

We were never in a million years going to get a replay, and we didnt deserve one.

For the dignity of our club and our game, lets have a laugh, move on and come back stronger next year ( preferably as GP & LV Champions)
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

O & U :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Can someone please enlighten me as to why Ospreys, Byrne and the ERC can all appeal but the aggrieved and very out of pocket party cannot?
A life long Tiger
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Another spoof in the Rugby Paper - Jeff Probyn saying remember the Hand of Back.
Seems some oldtimers are coming out of the woodwork to try and have a say!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Dear oh Dear oh Dear!

I would have said something stronger but Rizzo would have had me guts for garters!

All this tosh about Byrne being innocent, come on, They're mates for life for God's sake......he knew who his replacement was and knew he should not be on the pitch! Guilty as charged! A prop would know the difference! Can you imagine trying to squeeze an extra man into the front row?

"Hiya butt, Just thought I'd pop on and help you out a bit....now then how do we work the engage with four of us?" It'd never happen!

He's appealed...of course he's appealed...It's his best chance of playing at the weekend. I would too in his place.

As for all those Welsh pepole who've spat at my shirt and called me cheat........cheat.......me???......even the postman for crying out loud!.....a curse on you and your teams!

For all those Welsh people who've had the courtesy to have a balanced discussion may your pint glass ever hold ale!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Good grief, nobody wanted the Ospreys to play 16 briefly, even in error. But it happened. So it is hardly a surprise when the opponents, who happened to be Tigers take exception. A replay was never on the horizon. Would we have wanted it anyway? Fines and bans issued should be paid and served then lessons learnt all parties move on.

To borrow from certain sages : O and U!!!!
Tigers - true Champions!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Lee Byrne was so sure of not being sanctionned that he didn't even attend the hearing!

Gatland now has a problem as LB appeals.

http://tinyurl.com/ydqkxd8
Valhalla I am coming!
Exile17

Post by Exile17 »

I think you will find that this appeal is instigated by the WRU, not the Ospreys.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Exile17 wrote:I think you will find that this appeal is instigated by the WRU, not the Ospreys.
Your suspicion is born out by the initial Press Report - WRU encouraged the appeal.

Charge - misconduct. Plea - guilty. Sanction - one match ban.

Bearing in mind no punishment was given on the field of play (wrongly) difficult to see what lower sanction the panel could have applied.
Still keeping the faith!
Samlet
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Samlet »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Exile17 wrote:I think you will find that this appeal is instigated by the WRU, not the Ospreys.
Your suspicion is born out by the initial Press Report - WRU encouraged the appeal.

Charge - misconduct. Plea - guilty. Sanction - one match ban.

Bearing in mind no punishment was given on the field of play (wrongly) difficult to see what lower sanction the panel could have applied.
This isn't about the length of the ban - it's about the timing. Gatland has told byrne to appeal, in the hope that the appeal hearing will be scheduled after the England game, and confirmed as 2 weeks.

Thus, Byrne plays at Twickers and misses the Scotland game - much better for Wales. It's a bit cynical but, hey, this is rugby.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Perhaps slightly off topic at the moment, but I thought I'd share anyway since the 'Hand of Back' has been mentioned enough times. I don't know if anyone on here has already seen this and I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but you know all these aggrieved rugby fans who like to condemn Leicester for the 'Hand of Back'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK235v9M7vo