Teams for Tigers vs Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Team for Friday

Post by Suz »

According to the Merc lots of our injured players will all make a return on Friday. And yes even 12tress!!
Cockers said:-
Ellis will make his comeback and Sam Vesty will play too," said Cockerill.
"Billy Twelvetrees and Lucas Amorosino will all play, Julian White will start and Murphy will be on the bench.
"We will put a very good side out and it's a completely different side to the one which started last Saturday.
"Nobody who played last Saturday will play on Friday night.
"Some of the younger guys will also play and Calum Green (lock) and Ben Pienaar (back row) will get a run.
"It is a slightly bizarre set-up in this competition. It is hard to control because you can't beat the teams in your own group, you have to beat teams in the other group.
Also good to see that he thinks the comp is a bit odd too :smt023
Full story -
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/l ... ticle.html
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Kit

Re: Team for Friday

Post by Kit »

A rest for Hamilton at last?

Will be an interesting side to watch, then. Good to see so many returning from injury finally!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Good to see a few players coming back especially the boys mentioned above, Murph, Ellis, 12T and Amorosino. Let's hope they put on a good show friday night as the Anglo/Welsh cup has moved up a few notches in our list of priorities!

The only problem I can foresee is that we could have a very talented but very rusty team out on friday night :smt012
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Cool. My boy has been looking forward to unleashing a few of the new / 2nd tier backs ever since the Box game. Also the match ends after his bedtime on Friday so he's doubly thrilled :)
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

That will please the Billy brigade.

Intrigued to see the side we put out, and looking forward to seeing how they play. Could be a real winner with some gametime under their belts and a few 1st teamers back. Good news on Geordy and Harry. Hope they both hold up well.

O & U! :smt027
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

If Geordies on the bench,who starts at captain,Jules?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I do hope that one of the players, probably the full back, takes the field with 16 on his back.

Come on. It's got to be done.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Kinoulton wrote:I do hope that one of the players, probably the full back, takes the field with 16 on his back.

What a wizard wheeze ! :) :smt023
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

POSTIGER wrote:Good to see a few players coming back especially the boys mentioned above, Murph, Ellis, 12T and Amorosino. Let's hope they put on a good show friday night as the Anglo/Welsh cup has moved up a few notches in our list of priorities!

The only problem I can foresee is that we could have a very talented but very rusty team out on friday night :smt012
Just like Saturday... :smt040
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

good to see twelvetrees. i was starting to wander what had happened to him...
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

It looks like a good squad for Friday night if the Leicester Mercury is correct and it normally is. If the young guns play like they did against South Africa it will be worth the wait to see them strutting their stuff. Bring it on.
Philip J Gray
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Chuffed that Harry's back - :smt003 gutted Im away in London on Friday night!!!! I just hope that the same doesnt happen as what happened in the last match he played in and I missed (Sale match, I was working) :smt011

Also glad 12T is playin - just to appease the brigade who seem to think he is God :smt051 (sorry!!!)
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Purebob wrote:
Kinoulton wrote:I do hope that one of the players, probably the full back, takes the field with 16 on his back.

What a wizard wheeze ! :) :smt023
Couldn't we have two players with 16 on their backs?
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Excellent idea Bill: 16 + 16 = 32. Another 2nd row and we could have two 36s. :smt017
Valhalla I am coming!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Teams for Tigers vs Bath

Post by Darc Tiger »

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/l ... ticle.html

Tigers: L Amorosino; A Tuilagi, B Twelvetrees, A Mauger (capt), M Smith; S Vesty, H Ellis; B Stankovich, J Duffey, J White, C Green, B Kay B Pienaar, B Woods, B Deacon.

Reps: T Youngs, R Harris, R Bower, D Hemingway, T Armes, J Grindal, A Forsyth, J Murphy.

Bath: J Cuthbert; J Maddock (capt), T Cheeseman, R Davis, R Crane; N Little, S Bemand; N Catt, P Dixon, D Bell, P Short, S Hobson, D Browne, J Ovens, B Skirving.

Reps: M Lilley, D Barnes, A Jarvis, A Beattie, G Mercer, J Faamatuainu, M Keyte, M Spelman

Fresh looking side from Tigers. Bath looking decidedly more 1st team. But I am confident this side can do the job!

O & U! :smt027