I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed

Post by parkerd68 »

This whole 16 man thing is getting to me now. I know it's been commented on to death on the other thread, but we all know that nothing will come of this. We're out and that's it. I'm thoroughly knarked about it but, as long as the ref is eventually hauled over the coals for his "apparent" poor judgement, then hopefully we can all move on.

I'm not hugely bothered about what other people think of us as a club, but I do think there should be a time when we should let things be and the powers that be can decide what to do. Let's face it, we have no influence.

I know we're not keen on the O's overall (no offence Tircoeds. You seem sound!), but at least it wasn't the insects who put us out!

And back to sleep. :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed

Post by ellis9 »

We are letting the ERC deal with it. Tigers made a complaint that there was an extra player on the pitch and the ERC have decided to take it further. It is up to them now.

I agree though that we should accept that we are out of the competition and move on as fans but the club are correct in my opinion to make a complaint
Logorrhea

Post by Logorrhea »

This is just the press reporting on minuscule detail of the process. They smell a scandal and if it aint coming they will do what they can to sell it as one either way.

It was the same when Leinster were supposedly whinging about the Harlequins debacle last year. We werent really saying much but the press were analysing every word.

I wouldnt pay much attention to it as :censored: all other fans are. You are right to appeal, and the ERC should penalise the Ospreys (presuming their staff did not notify the 4th official), but I dont think anyone expects the sprays to be kicked out.

(Leinster fan btw)
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I agree with the above sentiments.

I would add that ERC procedures and administration once again appears less than robust.
Still keeping the faith!
tim15

Post by tim15 »

Does this mean that the wonderful Alan Lewis is going to be the one hauled over the coals!
David Rose
Alan Lewis
Whose next?????
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

ellis9 wrote:.

I agree though that we should accept that we are out of the competition and move on as fans but the club are correct in my opinion to make a complaint

Totally agree
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tim15 wrote:Does this mean that the wonderful Alan Lewis is going to be the one hauled over the coals!
David Rose
Alan Lewis
Whose next?????

Chris White,
Wayne Barnes
do I need to go on????
Still keeping the faith!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

tim15 wrote:Does this mean that the wonderful Alan Lewis is going to be the one hauled over the coals!
Not a hope, the panel's predominantly Irish by the look of things. An Anglo/Welsh tie, Irish officials? I'd have thought an Franco-Scottish panel may have been better.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Not a hope, the panel's predominantly Irish by the look of things. An Anglo/Welsh tie, Irish officials? I'd have thought an Franco-Scottish panel may have been better.
Franco-Italian even better!
Still keeping the faith!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote: Not a hope, the panel's predominantly Irish by the look of things. An Anglo/Welsh tie, Irish officials? I'd have thought an Franco-Scottish panel may have been better.
Franco-Italian even better!
As long as they we're well stocked up on quality beverages... :smt003
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Franco-Scottish?

The panel may as well consist of the Krankies holding a picture of Joan D'Arc.

We ain't going to get a favourable result.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I'm starting to feel like joining the " not in my name" protest.

Digby Jones etc are starting to make us look like cocks. Report it. Move on. Goodness sakes....
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Absolutely! Read the latest "Statement" and started to realise why the English are hated across the rugby globe!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

:smt024 There is no doubt in my mind that the better team won last Saturday. By a country mile, probably. Yet, for some bizarre reasoning, that "fact" is far less important to many people, than the "offence" of having one extra man on the pitch for up to 60 seconds. That might have made a difference of course, but so might so many other things.

Sport is of course about winning - at any level, and professional sport has profound consequences if you do not. But, at the end of the day, surely there has to be a line drawn between what is right and what is wrong. IMHO what is right is that Ospreys progress, deservedly, to the next round, and what is wrong is any suggestion whatsoever, that Tigers gain some kind of advantage from this "error". Of course it should not have happened, but there must have been far worse transgressions by Referees that have cost teams as much as this, or even more, in recent years. :smt025

It is easy to understand 16 versus 15 for 60 seconds. Huge error, great mistake! Yet what about a Referee who awards a penalty against an attacking side scrummaging between the posts - shurely shom mistake Sir? Probably, and may well have cost the attacking team 7 points, but would that have amounted to so much press - No. Nowhere near.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

To avoid repeating myself, I'll use a different analogy.

Supposing the Jamaican 4x100 relay team are streaking around the Olympic track comfortably ahead of USA and GB.

But one of them drops the baton, or runs out of his lane or leaves his start-zone before properly having his mits on the baton.... THE TEAM IS OUT! BANNED. DISQUALIFIED. FINISHED. NO MEDAL. TOUGH S**T.

The fact that without the offence they would have won comfortably anyway is of absolutely no relevance.

Offences are treated as offences.

All this hogash about saying Ospreys were the best team is about as relevant as saying Fred West was a decent builder.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!