Sixteen men on pitch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Sixteen men on pitch

Post by Bill W (2) »

Samlet wrote: He's learned a lot from that.

Tincu gouging incident (he definitely did it, and got a lengthy ban) and you have some context.
Many thanks for that insight Samlet. I am delighted that Mr. Humphries are learnt from the incident. Let us hope Scott Johnson learns from this one.

The Tincu affair of course is yet another example of ERC's incompetence because of course he did not serve his lengthy ban. The whole incident is still a high profile one with Dupuy ad Attoub now in the spotlight.
Still keeping the faith!
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

Byrne was signalling for Parker to get off the pitch. As far as he was concerned, it was he (Byrne) that should be on, not Parker - so all the "he knew he was there illegally" business is fundamentally flawed.

[/quote]

Assuming knowledge of the rules Byrne did indeed know that he himself was the illegal player not Parker. Byrne should not have joined the play until Parker had left the pitch. Byrne's opinion on the matter doesn't really come in to it. He may well have felt he should be on as he was fit to return but until Parker left the field this was not the case.

Like many I'd like the whole thing to have been sorted out on the spot or with a fine/points deduction a day or so later.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

gjneath wrote:Good evening Tigers. I can't believe that you are all still complaining about losing a game to the better team. Your whingeing is now so long and drawn out that we can hear it in Ospreylia. Much more of this and you'll disappear up your own ........!! Why is it that you Tigers have not yet mentioned and tried to defend Mr Neil Back's hands in the scrum at Cardiff in 2002 as some kind of divine intervention which resulted in you stealing - yes, stealing - the Heineken Cup from Munster?
What a clown.

He opens with the phrase "I can't believe that you are still complaining about...." referring to a game that is a few days old and still fresh in the memory.

And then the next time he puffs his gills, he returns to an incident that happened 8 years ago.

He is certainly a person who tosses things.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote: He is certainly a person who tosses things.
Pancakes?

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
swanseajack

Post by swanseajack »

I'm sorry Tigers but you are coming across as bad losers. For once, Cockerill had it right and I'm no fan of his. I've been to our last two meetings at Welford Road and three at Swansea. The results haven't always gone our way but you were beaten fair and square this time. If you think you can overturn this result by resorting to law, you are a disgrace. We remember Neil Back's 'gamesmanship' (he didn't like to call it cheating) in the 2002 final. You didn't ask for a rematch then - of course not, you won that one.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Why don't you put 16 men on the pitch every time you play us then?

We'd still beat you, so long as we know beforehand that you're going to do it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I for one can't wait for this all to end one way or another, it's making reading every post on every thread very tiring! :smt001 :smt024

And I do have a tendency to lock any thread that goes over 20 pages.....
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Rizzo wrote:I for one can't wait for this all to end one way or another, it's making reading every post on every thread very tiring! :smt001 :smt024

I am susre the trolls know how to start new threads!!

But you are right, they doth protest too much.
Still keeping the faith!
Albert
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Albert »

Can I just add my support to Samlet on GlynNeath? I have found most folk here quite reasonable, and open to discussion.

The sadness for me, is that we have arguably the best teamin England and the same in wales having epic ding dong battles over the last few years, and it has been great rugby, by and large. Whilst a bit of niggle is no bad thing, I do think this, and the White stuff last year goes beyond that.

It's good to see reasonable fans from both sides recognise that. I suspect we may see yet more titanic battles between our respective clubs over the coming years.

Bring it on!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Albert wrote:Can I just add my support to Samlet on GlynNeath? I have found most folk here quite reasonable, and open to discussion.

The sadness for me, is that we have arguably the best teamin England and the same in wales having epic ding dong battles over the last few years, and it has been great rugby, by and large. Whilst a bit of niggle is no bad thing, I do think this, and the White stuff last year goes beyond that.

It's good to see reasonable fans from both sides recognise that. I suspect we may see yet more titanic battles between our respective clubs over the coming years.

Bring it on!
Absolutely Albert! And let us hope that the administrators and referees are up to scratch!
Still keeping the faith!
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

swanseajack wrote:I'm sorry Tigers but you are coming across as bad losers. For once, Cockerill had it right and I'm no fan of his. I've been to our last two meetings at Welford Road and three at Swansea. The results haven't always gone our way but you were beaten fair and square this time. If you think you can overturn this result by resorting to law, you are a disgrace. We remember Neil Back's 'gamesmanship' (he didn't like to call it cheating) in the 2002 final. You didn't ask for a rematch then - of course not, you won that one.
No one wants to overturn the result, most people just want to ensure that this stupid error (if thats what it was) doesn't happen again, because it was embarrasing for European rugby. Now either read the majority of the posts before commenting on the thread, or alternatively go and join the other trolls back under the bridge, and wait for Billy goat gruff, who should be along shortly. :smt023 Neil back may have cheated, but if he did then he got away with it, Lee Byrne may have cheated or he may have not, whether he gets away with it or not we will find out.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

players cheat in every game there will always be some one turning the ball over illegally that is the nature of the game you can not link an incident like that to something like this. Last time it happened on a big scale there were teams looking to get england kicked out of the world cup. professional sport is full of small margins between success and failure so most teams would do the same as tigers because being gracious losers doesnt always pay the bills. the board are doing there job and the coaching staff are letting them get on with it.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Rizzo wrote:I for one can't wait for this all to end one way or another, it's making reading every post on every thread very tiring! :smt001 :smt024

I am susre the trolls know how to start new threads!!

But you are right, they doth protest too much.
Not saying anyone protesteth too much - just that it takes up a lot of my time to keep reading every new post - and my boss isn't too keen when I spend more time doing that than working - not sure why!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

So Albert et al. Lee Byrne signalled Parker to come off so he was not on the pitch illegally. Absolutely ridiculous. So in the next game 3 Tigers players are waiting to come on the pitch the opposition are attacking. The 3 players signal 3 to come off then without the refs permission run on to the pitch, stop the opposition scoring and then run down the length of the pitch and score. You would say nothing is wrong. Ref stops the game gets three players off and carry's on with the game? :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Would it not be better to have the rule that a new player is not allowed on the field until the person they are replacing has left the field (or perhaps that is already the rule?). Whilst the officials should be informed of any changes, the responsibility must always lie with the players. Transgressions can be penalised with a penalty or penalty try and/or yellow card if the player interred with play whilst knowingly on the pitch illegally?