Sixteen men on pitch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chunter
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Sixteen men on pitch

Post by Chunter »

Does anyone know which legal firm is representing us? Carter Ruck perhaps?
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Listen to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 478307.stm

business as usual ......................... ????
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Whilst the majority of Tigers fans accept the result and wish Ospreys well for the next match, I feel Wheeler and Toms do have a responsibility to ramp up the pressure on the powers that be. You cannot allow a governing body time to prograstinate when a complaint has been made.
In the age of professionalism you would expect a drafted response in 48 hours, not we are still looking into it attitude.
The facts stand for themselves on film of the match, the only other bits are the "hearsay".
The fact is ERC have failed to respond (as far as I know).
BillW whats the word in the taxi rank?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

mjp999 wrote:What A load of Sanctimonious Bottom Gravy. Where was all this pious self rightous outrage when the Tigers players 'cheated' in the past.
Exactly my point. Your sort have been full of "sanctimonious bottom gravy" every single time that Tigers have added to their considerable haul of trophies.

Unless we play like girl guides, you all weep that we are nasty. We push a bit hard. We tackle a bit hard. We kill the ball when you look like scoring a try because we know the numpty ref will only give you a penalty. Well go cry in a corner and sing about saucepans.

This time, it is YOUR LOT that have been caught out and you just don't like it, do you?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Just popped up on the BBC that Ospreys are to face dispilinary hearing on Friday.
No details yet...
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Kinny, bravo.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Snorbins wrote:BillW whats the word in the taxi rank?
Word is that ERC are worried. IRB not amused by Tincu, Bloodgate with Dupuy and Attoub to come. Which in part is why Wheeler and Tom are going for the jugular. ERC fear their house is far from in order and if both the English and French get uppity (as they are doing) heads will have to roll.

Liklihood is they will try and blame it all on Lewis but may try and get Bynre to "shop" Ospreys officials with the threat of a significant suspension ruling him out of the 6 Nations.
Still keeping the faith!
Albert
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Albert »

I'm all for players getting a ban for dirty play, but if Byrne does end up with a ban for this, and misses any of Wales' 6N games, it's a travesty. It's not the game I grew up watching.

If, if, that's what happens on Friday.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Lets face it, if the ERC has taken statements and reviewed footage and all they could find was an innocent mistake or poor communication that led to Lee Byrne bing on the field as the 16th man, would that alone be enough for a charge of mis-conduct? I think not.

It sounds to me that they have unearthed more material evidence that shows something more sinister. It is also of interest that they have charged Lee Byrne AND Ospreys club. Lee Byrne for entering the pitch without permission and failing to leave once he knew Ospreys had 16 men on the field. But why then charge Ospreys as a club? Did they deceive the officials into NOT awarding the penalty?

We will have to wait and see.
Always a Tiger
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

question... sort of to do with this topic..

when byrne was at the side of the pitch with his foot problem..
1) why wasn't he removed from the area of player it obviously wasn't a neck problem he was necessary for the scrums... or lineouts shouldn't the ref have asked for him to be removed from play or replaced... it was a long time. Just thought it was quite a long time for him to be on the pitch.

2) do we agree it was ablood injury? i was under the impression that a blood injury was classed as such that it had the potential to infect etc etc other players... surely where it was had nothing to do with that.

I am sure some knowledgeable person will put me straight... just a tad confused.

FWIW... believe this was a cock up in the officials and the ospreys sidleine people. I don't think any cheating was crried out it was purely a mistake the result should stand as it is and maybe some form of financila unushment needs to be ahnded out... but again i agree with tigers that it has to be raised and investigated so it doens't happen again. Any team woud not just go.. ah well not to worry.
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Bill W (2) wrote: Liklihood is they will try and blame it all on Lewis but may try and get Bynre to "shop" Ospreys officials with the threat of a significant suspension ruling him out of the 6 Nations.
If they try that surely byrne can just put them in more trouble for blackmail.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kevf wrote:2) do we agree it was ablood injury? i was under the impression that a blood injury was classed as such that it had the potential to infect etc etc other players... surely where it was had nothing to do with that.
(a) When a player leaves the field to have bleeding controlled and/or have an open wound
covered, that player may be temporarily replaced. If the player who has been temporarily
replaced does not return to the field of play within 15 minutes (actual time) of leaving the
playing area, the replacement becomes permanent and the replaced player must not return
to the field of play.

It was not a question of covering an open wound. Maybe it was belleding sufficienyly to require stickes?
Still keeping the faith!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bill W (2) wrote:
kevf wrote:2) do we agree it was ablood injury? i was under the impression that a blood injury was classed as such that it had the potential to infect etc etc other players... surely where it was had nothing to do with that.
(a) When a player leaves the field to have bleeding controlled and/or have an open wound
covered, that player may be temporarily replaced. If the player who has been temporarily
replaced does not return to the field of play within 15 minutes (actual time) of leaving the
playing area, the replacement becomes permanent and the replaced player must not return
to the field of play.

It was not a question of covering an open wound. Maybe it was belleding sufficienyly to require stickes?
The wound, as you say, was already covered (sock and boot) and the area of blood stain was very small so no obvious requirement to 'control' the bleeding. You have to question then why it was deemed appropriate to allow a blood replacement. Probably (hopefully) not planned but yet another example of poor decision making from those in charge of the game :smt012
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote: Liklihood is they will try and blame it all on Lewis but may try and get Bynre to "shop" Ospreys officials with the threat of a significant suspension ruling him out of the 6 Nations.
If they try that surely byrne can just put them in more trouble for blackmail.
Not really. Either he says he went onto the pitch and stayed there knowig he had not got the referees permission (guilty 12 week suspension) or he shops the officials (I was told to go on and stay on - 2 week ban)
Still keeping the faith!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Bill W (2) wrote:
to the field of play.

thanks bill clears the ruling up... still not sure it was ablood replacement.. but i am a mere mortal... still not sure he should have stayed where he was on the litch for so long.. but I suppose it was mr lewis's decision if it was a blood or not...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal