Lets not be overconfident.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Lets not be overconfident.

Post by tigerburnie »

If you as a player,or even as a fan,cannot draw confidence from your teams current form,then is there any point turning up?
We are confident,not cocky or arrogant,not expecting the Ospreys to lie down.Just confident in a team that are current champions,currently top of our league,currently top of our Heineken pool and currently playing like absolute demons.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
cunningcorgi
Tiger Cub

Post by cunningcorgi »

Bill W (2) wrote: We are quietly confident.

As a team of your stature and current form should be.

But similarly we share the same quiet confidence in our own chances for winning the game

Should be a monumental tussle. Bring it on.
cunningcorgi
Tiger Cub

Post by cunningcorgi »

tigerburnie wrote:If you as a player,or even as a fan,cannot draw confidence from your teams current form,then is there any point turning up?
We are confident,not cocky or arrogant,not expecting the Ospreys to lie down.Just confident in a team that are current champions,currently top of our league,currently top of our Heineken pool and currently playing like absolute demons.
Cannot argue with that.
Doubter

Post by Doubter »

The win against Munster is exactly it! That level was not achieved against the Ospreys at Morfa the last twice. As for top of the league Llanelli and Carfiff are bottom of the Magners yet where are Lordon Irish and Sale in the Premier? Also what happened to Tigers at Clermont only four weeks ago? Yes Tigers are doing well against lesser opposition but they will need to be at their best and play at another level again to beat Ospreys away. Anyone give me even money Ospreys you can have the draw!)? I dont want to irritate fans but just give a reality check. All the best and hope you can rise to the occasion.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Since when did performance in the Magners League (aka Mickey Mouse League) count for anything?

As an indicator of performance in a real competition it is about as relevant as performance in the English A League.
Still keeping the faith!
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

jgriffin wrote:Anyway I predicted at the beginning of the season that we would win the GP but go out of the HC, and I've even got the top four right so far...... the HC has a French name on it this year, methinks.
I hope you are right about the HC bit. :smt023

One question though, I understand that people think that in a Lions year, the French are better placed to win the 6N and HC than British / Irish teams .... but why, France also toured in the summer, I know they played less games, but all of their internationals were involved ! ?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

French Tour, even to the French, not as high ranking or pressured as a Lions Tour.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We this side of the Severn seem to be rising to some celtic bait a bit here, reality check is,none of us know whose going to win next weekend(though I have a sneaking suspiscion Clermont might).
This isn't the bbc 606,we don't do rabid mud slinging,good banter,a bit of light hearting winding up(wumming for those that know) and lots of chest beating.
Pride , it is said often comes before a fall , well I've never understood that comment.
I have pride in a lot of things and they include my rugby team,confident they will give their all for the cause,that's where my confidence comes from,that thing that beats faster in your chest when there's a reason too.
Good luck Ospreys,toured in the valleys myself in the days of easter tours,always had a great time.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRRRRRRRs
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

No over confidence here but I do think we'll win. Gonna be a great, tight game either way
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i am confident we can do it... what we don't know is will we do it...

I have the confidence that tigers can be very special when they need to be..
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

and we have scored more tries in the HC than any other team this year... so far

we have the best try difference and have scored more points than anyone else..

our pool is the tightest but i still have the confidence we can...
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Given our dreadful away form (Sarries a very recent exception) and the recent history against Ospreys we are definate underdogs . We only drew the Home game because of a miracle performance by Billy Ttrees and he won't be around on saturday .Also, Adam Jones is back at Prop for them so our front row won't have the easy ride they had then .On their day Ospreys are the best attacking side around and we underestimate them at our peril - the usual slow start by Tigers will kill us .
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i don't expect we will under estimate them...

but i do believe with our present form we have to have some confidence .. that doesn't mean its a shoe in by any means.. but we are playing well and we shold be confident we CAN win... whether we will is another qestion
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

the usual slow start by Tigers will kill us
Absolutely agree. We have to force the game into their half early on and keep it there. Uncontrolled broken play in our half will give them tries, no doubt.