Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A wasps fan's opinion of todays game

Post by alex_111 »

Taken from the wasps forum:

"We played the inform team at their home, and for 40 minutes we loked the better side, until the harsh yellow card for Payne, and the knock on try..our pack has to be sorted out, yet dont forget we're missing Rees, Betson, Worsley, Simpson etc etc...i believe with them playing we would have won, and held the Tigers scrum...but we've been here before, and come away at the end of the season with a Premiership trophy under our belts...at the moment, i'm not worried, and believe we would have beaten any other team today the way we played..the trouble was we came up against an inform Tigers...and dont forget its only their 1st win against us in 6 games..so..worried...no not really.keep the faith, cos we'll play worse and win."
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A wasps fan's opinion of todays game

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

ouch my ribs.....stop......please :smt043
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Bill - where are you? They've nicked your motto!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Pest
Tiger Cub

Post by Pest »

Well this wasps fan is smarting from a fair and square defeat. well played tigers.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Well said that Pest. Very gracious of you. :smt023

I have waited a long time for a scoreline against Wasps like that and I do believe that it reflected our dominance on the day.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Rizzo wrote:Bill - where are you? They've nicked your motto!
It has to be in the right colours, Rizzo.

KEEP THE FAITH!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
Still keeping the faith!
valerie

Post by valerie »

:smt005 get a life mate we had good players out as well murphy, ellis, kay,major, i think that you would hope that the game had been called off, and made another excuse you were beaten by a far better team, in fact you were ddt'd :smt036
alex_111 wrote:Taken from the wasps forum:

"We played the inform team at their home, and for 40 minutes we loked the better side, until the harsh yellow card for Payne, and the knock on try..our pack has to be sorted out, yet dont forget we're missing Rees, Betson, Worsley, Simpson etc etc...i believe with them playing we would have won, and held the Tigers scrum...but we've been here before, and come away at the end of the season with a Premiership trophy under our belts...at the moment, i'm not worried, and believe we would have beaten any other team today the way we played..the trouble was we came up against an inform Tigers...and dont forget its only their 1st win against us in 6 games..so..worried...no not really.keep the faith, cos we'll play worse and win."
One Over The Eight
Tiger Cub

Post by One Over The Eight »

Which 40 minutes were they then?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Better side for 40 mins - well we had a sloppy first 5 minutes or so.

As for Payne being Yellow carded - only Wasps would view being penalised for cheating as harsh. It seems, in spite of a weak pack, they still can't get their heads round the idea that standing up or going down isn't a legal alternative to being pushed backwards!

When he was yellow carded it should also have been a penaly try because his pack were going backwards just feet from the try line.
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

I'm not sure how Betsen et al would have solved the obvious problems that Wasps had in the front row. Even the scrum that Cole got pinged for first half was brought down on the Crumbie side by their other prop.

A lot of the fans standing near me were commenting on how dominant the pack looked and also wondered what we would have done to them had Castro and White been available as well!
No. 3

Post by No. 3 »

Isn't Tim Payne the only prop to be red carded for two scrum yellow cards (i.e. for cheating)? He was stuffed.... :smt003
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

No. 3 wrote:Isn't Tim Payne the only prop to be red carded for two scrum yellow cards (i.e. for cheating)? He was stuffed.... :smt003
Yes the Sky commentary said it was against Bath earlier this season.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

..... and very lucky not to repeat the trick again yesterday.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Lets not forget Tigers have been missing most of it's declared first team for a lot of games this season....yet look where we are. It's also worth noting the extra games we've played (South Africa) and the fact that we're in a proper European Cup.

It is true that Wasps have won a good number of our previous encounters but they were never going to win todays game because of the 4 prop rule change (brought in just for Wasps,Bath and Gloucester) that meant they were never going to convince the ref to take the scrum uncontested......as they have done many times before.

I'm surprised Messers Hanks and Edwards haven't done a Venter and commented that the 2nd half was different to the first...... :smt001
Simmo
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Wasps have really been found out in the scrum, the changes to the rules meaning uncontested scrums are no longer an option is really hurting them. To be honest I can't see a way back for them. Vickery and Shaw are no longer capable of playing a season of 80 min games and I don't think they have the cash to bring in a top class tight head. I can see why Dallaglio was trying to convince Matt Stevens should move to Wasps after his ban ends.