Travelling to the game this weekend

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kuzza
Super User
Super User

Travelling to the game this weekend

Post by kuzza »

First of all, let me just say I'm shocked this login still works. It's been years since I've been on here!

As I'm taking a weekend off from playing, I've got myself some tickets to the Wasps game. How's everyone getting up there? I've got to drive in from Notts and was going to park by the cinema, but does anyone who's in Leicester think this is a good/bad idea? Should I park further out and get a taxi in or some such? What are the roads like at the mo?
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Travelling to the game this weekend

Post by Will S »

Roads are awful. Snow is very deep and the city has completely run out of grit. I would strongly advise not coming to the game!!! (If you don't come can I buy your tickets off you? :smt002 )

On a serious note the roads are fine. Traffic is a bit slower than usual so allow yourself a bit extra time but as long as you stay off the very back roads you shouldn't have any problem at all.

Enjoy the game!
rob81
Tiger Cub

Post by rob81 »

I was going to ask about the roads. We are coming up from Junction 8 of the M1 so are really not sure about the journey, particularly home. I may have a family ticket going spare but no way of getting it to anyone. Would the ticket office refund me so they could sell them on?
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Thanks guys, that's really useful and I very much appreciate it.

Hi Pam, it has been a long time - two jobs, engaged, married and a mortgage! How've you been?

This place is looking good.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Main roads are all pretty clear & the club are working hard to make sure the game goes ahead.

Rob81 I don't think the ticket office would refund but you can always ring and ask.

Kuzza - beware if you park at the cinema or at Morrisons, as they are quite keen on clamping and ticketing anyone who parks there for the rugby, they have security men walking round on match days.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Could be icy, cars could skid and 'security' men in car parks could get run over, you just never know...
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Thanks Rizzo,

The club's website says the cinema/supermarket are the next nearest parking option (http://bit.ly/6Y2iKQ). They might want to change it if there's clamping going on. Or am I (as ever) getting a bit confuzzled?!
arickett

Post by arickett »

See the problem there is a small pay and display (£6:00) car park (my normal Car park) and there is a huge morrison and cinema car park next door that does the clamping.

To get a space we arrive 12:30 to 13:30 for 15:00 kick off and have still had trouble at big games

best of luck
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

I see. Thanks very much for explaining that. I'll work on my plans. They may involve a packing crate, a dachshund and a thermos of a warm chocolatey drink (possibly with some sort of malteser element)...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Another alternative would be to travel up to M1 J21 where there is a new Park and Ride (named Enderby P & R). It is located just off the B4114 and having left the motorway you need to go 300m up the A5460 in the right hand lane to the main fosse park roundabout and exit on the B4114. The entrance is on the right after a couple of sets of lights.

Buses are every 10 minutes and drop off at the hospital oposite to the ground. I think they do a family ticket of £3.50 return including the parking.

Good luck. :smt001
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

Im coming up from the South West and nothing will stop me getting to the game and watching those pests get a good hiding.
May need some good thermals though
Carole C

Post by Carole C »

Would say definitely don't park on Morrisons, we parked there for Newcastle match back in Sept and got a £50 notice, however as its a private car park run by CP Plus they cannot enforce the charge, we had one solicitors letter giving us 14 days and nothing since. Found a great site giving legal advice which said the same thing over and over again...... don't pay. But not worth the risk anyway. We also park on the small one nearby but you have to be there minimum 2 hrs before kick off to get a space.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

why you packing a dachshund, is this a new fad in hand warmers?