Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Saracens v Leicester

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030

Leicester concluded 2009 with a nice little 5 pointer against a below par Sale while Saracens suffered their first defeat of the current campaign against London Irish. Vicarage Road never an easy place to get a win but there is always a first time and Leicester should be able to get a result this weekend. Just to wish you all a Happy New Year.
Philip J Gray
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens v Leicester

Post by tigerburnie »

I'd echo all you said there,you not around for the New Year then?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigers are in with a shout no doubt, but it will not be easy. Can see it being a low scoring affair, maybe we should put out the (almost) academy side that've already beaten the SAffers once this year :smt003

Out of interest Tigermad are you wishing everybody a Happy New Year for 2010? Or maybe, in line with your regular prematureness (is that a word?) 2011...or beyond? :smt002 just kidding
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I went last year and want to go again this year but when I picture going to Vicarage Road .......... urggggggggggggggh! Alas, I feel that I will not be going!
Always a Tiger
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

I went last year too and absolutely hated the place. Parking was a real problem and traffic was pretty bad too. I will however never forget Vesty's final penalty to give us the win and our flag "Tigers in the Camels pen" :smt023
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

To get a win I think we need to remember that home or away it's played on a grass field with posts at either end.

Perhaps we should take a little from the mental approach of boxers - a ring is a ring wheter it's called home or away. If you are influenced by the crowd you are not concentrating on what you should be doing.

Our away form has been disgraceful & needs to be addressed.
ashfieldtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashfieldtiger »

call it optimism for the new year but i think tigers by 7 or less.

while im on, im travelling with official travel, does anyone have good ideas for places to eat/drink near ground at all? never been before.

happy new year to all forum members :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

ashfieldtiger wrote:call it optimism for the new year but i think tigers by 7 or less.

while im on, im travelling with official travel, does anyone have good ideas for places to eat/drink near ground at all? never been before.

happy new year to all forum members :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
No good pubs near the ground - the pub next to the ground was closed down last year. As you are travelling with the official group - just follow where they go is the best advice.
Hehehehehehehehe
ashfieldtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashfieldtiger »

thanks for that.

not heard any good feedback about the ground/area yet, spoke to some footy fans and they dont like it either :smt009
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Not wishing to be the resident pessimist, but we're playing away, which has invariably meant this season that the Team simply won't perform.

Coupled with the time of year, a grotty venue and an opponent who has only lost one game all season long, and I am not confident of anything other than a losing bonus point.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

I think I'm right in saying that we have to rest our EPS players in one of the next 2 matches. Would it not be better to rest them this week and have them available for the Pests the week after ?
A citizen of hope and glory
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

No we should rest players against wasps. sarries will be able to feild a full strength team as they have 1 eps player whereas wasps will be resting players as well.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Surely our eps players have all been out injured and have barely got match fit,they won't need any resting,it's the likes of Scott Hamilton who I fear will be burned out soon.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dave J wrote:I think I'm right in saying that we have to rest our EPS players in one of the next 2 matches. Would it not be better to rest them this week and have them available for the Pests the week after ?

I read somewhere that the EPS players had to be rested in the next FOUR weeks. I hope that is the case

Surely, Flood, Moody, Hipkiss do not need the rest

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tim15

Sarries V Tigers

Post by tim15 »

What no Tigermad?!?! subject:-

Ah well, here's to a belting game and a win to keep the team ticking over, no idea who Cockers will pick but my guess is....

15)-Hamilton
14)-Murphy
13)-Hipkiss
12)-Allen
11)-Lote
10)-Flood
9)-Youngs
1)-Ayerza
2)-Davies
3)-Cole
4)-Parling
5)-Kay
6)-Newby
7)-Moody
8)-Crane.

Bring it on! and a Happy New Year!
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!