The clown on the microphone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ancientmariner

Re: The clown on the microphone

Post by ancientmariner »

With you all the way on this one BJ. I've made similar comments in the past but usually get shouted down on this forum. Oddly though, all those round me in the A&L are of similar mind - half-time conversations with your neighbour seem to be discouraged. I would add to my hates the reading out of endless birthday messages - of interest to maybe half a dozen people in a crowd of over 20,000.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Such is the technology in the Crumbie that we can't hear anything vaguely comprehensible anyway! At least we haven't got in-house TV like High Wycombe RFC, or we'd never see the last of him.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

BJ. wrote:
ancientmariner wrote:I would add to my hates the reading out of endless birthday messages - of interest to maybe half a dozen people in a crowd of over 20,000.
Exactly. Isn't that what the scoreboard is for before kick-off and at half time?
If a message is read out, it doesn't cost anything. To have your message put on the scoreboard means you have to pay.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

The fella had obviously not bothered to watch last week's match. Clapping at a kick was actually a big thing for them. People go on about being quiet for the kicker as a mark of respect, this was most disrespectful to Clermont's fans whose tradition is to make a racket. It wound me up a treat! :smt013
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Back of the Crumby could not hear a word he said.

Conversed at normal volume with those around me at half time (it was too cold to go for a smoke!)
Still keeping the faith!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Crumbie Terrace was always bad for hearing whats been said over the PA but this season it is just a load of distorted noise. I agree about the quiet noises over the PA system - it seems childish to me.
L.F
Tiger Cub

Post by L.F »

Does he get paid anything for doing this? If so, we're not geting value for money!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Do you know who it was, (we have several different people who perform this role) and if so, have you all made appropriate feedback to the club? If you are "wound up" or object to something, let the club know by email or letter, it's likely to be more effective at reaching the appropriate people than posting on here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

parkerd68 wrote:The fella had obviously not bothered to watch last week's match. Clapping at a kick was actually a big thing for them. People go on about being quiet for the kicker as a mark of respect, this was most disrespectful to Clermont's fans whose tradition is to make a racket. It wound me up a treat! :smt013
I couldn't believe it either. The only noise was coming during Clermont kicks and from the same fans that were singing in French the whole game - why should they follow our house rules for their kicks?

I thought they were very polite in being quiet for our kicker
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I`ve posted previously about this and we were given more assurances recently by Charles Rayner that the issue would be addressed. It plainly hasn`t been, and as I said previously, this COMPLETELY SPOILS THE MATCH DAY `EXPERIENCE` FOR ME AND MY FAMILY (sorry to shout but perhaps it will get heard above the cachophony caused by the `announcements`!).

We are that fed up that now we are seriously considering whether to renew season tickets. Why should we be bombarded by that noise? It`s raucous in volume and inane in its content, if there is nothing useful to say then say nothing! As for the `music`, have they never heard of the word background?
As for the pathetic Shush (or however you may spell it), give us all a bit of credit, and stop trying to act godlike.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I saw my first tartan rug at the Clermant game , in the A&L stand about 5 rows up - there may have been a flask too !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
valerie

Post by valerie »

:smt035 i agree but please can we have the marching bands like we had at the south african game that should cut out all the piffal :smt039
BJ. wrote:I apologize for raking over old coals but his 'performance' during last night's game against Clermont was by far the worst I witnessed for a good while.

Did he actually pause for breath during the half time interval? Thanks to him and the new go-faster PA system in the Cat Stand, I had a 10 minute shouted conversation with my friend about the first half: I'm sure I wasn't the only one. I appreciate he was reading from a pre-designated script but did anyone feel an uncontrollable desire to rush out and drink Heineken responsibly afterwards after listening to his pearls of wisdom?

His constant shushing over the speakers prior to a kick was nothing short of pathetic. I think he and others need to wake up, smell the coffee and realise Welford Road will no longer be as quiet as it used to be when a kick is being taken. A reasonable hush fell over the crowd but it wasn't, and IMHO never will be again, a total silence as observed at places like Thomond Park, for example. He was trying to quieten the clapping of the Clermont supporters when their team was kicking. If he had paid a bit of attention, he would have noticed they only clapped for their kicker and kept respectfully quiet when it was Leicester's turn.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

[quote="valerie"]:smt035 i agree but please can we have the marching bands like we had at the south african game that should cut out all the piffal :smt039

Cheerleaders would also be good.
Still keeping the faith!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

and another helicopter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Bill W (2)