Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Dupuy in trouble?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Whitecaptiger

I do not think CNOSF expressed a view on whether Tincu was or was not guilty. And I agree with you Julian is guilty - provoked or not.

But ERC will be aware of the precedent. And the "Bloodgate" furore (where they were heavily critisized for procedural anomalies).

Likely if they award a swingeing sentence (as they did with Tincu and Richards) CNOSF will rule they have no jurisdiction in French national competitions.

My bet would be on a ban for the next 4 HC matches.
Still keeping the faith!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

I agree guilty without doubt and able to play in France but what about the six nations? I assume the ban would apply to home and away 6 nations but stand by to be corrected.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Awful. I am disappointed in Dupuy. To lose respect for a great player is worse than watching their skill evaporate.

If found guilty he should be banned for lie I think. Deliberately risking blinding an opponent is vile.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Saw it on the TV too, not sure about it. My head says that he will get a lengthy ban but I want to think that he isnt gouging just slapping him in the face
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:I agree guilty without doubt and able to play in France but what about the six nations? I assume the ban would apply to home and away 6 nations but stand by to be corrected.
Sailing into uncharted territory Jeremy.

IRB regs say a ban applies in all competitions. CNOSF ruled that ERC ban on Tincu did not apply in French cometition. IRB took no (real) action.
Still keeping the faith!
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVO8Ugcnkxg

A video clip of what he did. Disgusting.
Is offended that he is a senior member.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

The video looks very damming, could be a 2 year ban.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

WHAT was he THINKING ??? * shakes head *
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

the irb need to come down hard on this and get it out of the game make it known that from now on any one caught gouging will get a life time ban.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:the irb need to come down hard on this and get it out of the game make it known that from now on any one caught gouging will get a life time ban.
Maximum sentence is currently 3 years.

For a discilinary panel to apply this there would need to be evidence of actual bodily harm if not permanent damage.

Ferris did not even leave the field of play or receive treatment on it.
Still keeping the faith!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

In the real world intent matters.
In the crackpot world of the IRB, does this come into play at all? If it does, surely he deserves a long ban; he had two goes at it after all.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Bill W (2) wrote:Whitecaptiger

I do not think CNOSF expressed a view on whether Tincu was or was not guilty. And I agree with you Julian is guilty - provoked or not.

But ERC will be aware of the precedent. And the "Bloodgate" furore (where they were heavily critisized for procedural anomalies).

Likely if they award a swingeing sentence (as they did with Tincu and Richards) CNOSF will rule they have no jurisdiction in French national competitions.

My bet would be on a ban for the next 4 HC matches.
Didn't the IRB & ERC meet to tighten up proceedures after the Tincu affair so that any ban now should be enforcable world wide?

I expect them to test their theories!

Sorry Mr Dupuy you do look guilty on this evidence. Perhaps a call to Stephen Gerrard's or O J Simpson's Lawyers might help?
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

GeddingtonTiger wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVO8Ugcnkxg

A video clip of what he did. Disgusting.
Thanks for the video, I didn't catch it during the game. I have very few words to say in support for Dupuy. In point of fact I have none. Smells like a lengthy ban. :smt011 Darn eejit ! Just when we needed him the most !

I hope he puts on a nice tie and a guilty but repentent look and goes plea guilty in front of the committee. My poor beloved Stade Français doesn't need this at the moment... :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
kingol22 wrote:the irb need to come down hard on this and get it out of the game make it known that from now on any one caught gouging will get a life time ban.
Maximum sentence is currently 3 years.

For a discilinary panel to apply this there would need to be evidence of actual bodily harm if not permanent damage.

Ferris did not even leave the field of play or receive treatment on it.
y does damage need to be done it is stupid the intent is there and is it true that if a player gouges and permanently damages the eyes of his opposition the victim can press charges through the police?