C'Mon TIGERS SORT IT OUT

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

C'Mon TIGERS SORT IT OUT

Post by Crumby »

Only one bar open again at the A team game last night - queues of 20 minutes or more (and not a staff problem they were working their butts off) to get a pint or a coffee (thus people were missing the game), very limited food and with people coming straight from work it resulted in hundreds going out of the ground and across the Aylestone Road to get a burger or fish and chips and then coming back into the ground.

We want to pay money that supports the club - GIVE US THE CHANCE.
tim15

Re: C'Mon TIGERS SORT IT OUT

Post by tim15 »

HEAR HEAR!

They could have made a killing last night, if they would put a stall out near the shop i could have sent my daughter to get the drinks and not miss 15 minutes of the match!
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Sadly this was predictable. From the moment they announced only one stand would be open.
Tigers - true Champions!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

i couldnt understand y they only opened the crumby. i was going to go but decided not too because of the seats in the crumby if they are only going to open 1 stand then open the cat stand it has comfier seats and more bars.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

They usually only open the Crumbie for A games though don't they?

And, while the CAT may indeed have more bars, that would require more staff to run them, not to mention the fact that the CAT stand bars have longer lines from the cellar, therefore risking greater ullage at the end of the night.

As there will always be people wanting to stand for the game they would have to have had the Crumbie open as well thus increasing further the number of stewards/barstaff required for a game where attendance could not be accurately predicted too far in advance.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 appears to be suggesting that Tigers do not want the A team games to be supported.

From the earlier posts they would appear to be going the right way to ensure that they are not.

A pity.
Still keeping the faith!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

As far as I can recall, the A league/development games have only ever had the Crumbie open. Certainly at every one I've attended.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Rizzo wrote:As far as I can recall, the A league/development games have only ever had the Crumbie open. Certainly at every one I've attended.
We used to sit in the old Next Stand. One of the first A league matches we went to had a crowd of 12,000+

There was a pizza and kebab shop nearby that did very good pizzas two for the price of one on Monday nights. It could be awkward getting the large ones through the turnstiles. Unfortunately the shop has now closed :smt009
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

i went to one last year or the year before and the cat stand was open.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

No Bill, I'm not suggesting annything of the sort. You however appear to be looking to stir things up just for the hell of it as per usual.

I am suggesting that the club realise that A team games are not well enough supported to justify over-staffing the stadium & wasting money on unneccessary staffing levels.

There have been a handful of A League games over the years where crowds have been high (over 10,000) but they were few & far between and those crowd numbers were often expected well in advance.

Most A League games don't even get anywhere close to troubling the Crumbie's capacity so opening up the CAT stand would be a waste of time & effort.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 wrote: I am suggesting that the club realise that A team games are not well enough supported to justify over-staffing the stadium & wasting money on unneccessary staffing levels.

And I am sure that the pubs and fast food outlets close to Welford Road are very grateful even if those supporters who queue for 20 minutes to get a drink inside the ground are not.
Still keeping the faith!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Have been to many A games and until recently they used to have the Captains Bar open and never a problem getting drinks. Opening another bar or even one of the vans to serve tea, coffe etc is all it needs.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Bill W (2) wrote:
me2 wrote: I am suggesting that the club realise that A team games are not well enough supported to justify over-staffing the stadium & wasting money on unneccessary staffing levels.

And I am sure that the pubs and fast food outlets close to Welford Road are very grateful even if those supporters who queue for 20 minutes to get a drink inside the ground are not.
Presumably the bar staff are paid for a minimum length of shift so they have to match demand time to supply time.

They won't want to pay two bar crews to open and sell 500 pints across two hours with punters waiting two minutes when they can have one bar open, sell 480 pints and have punters waiting a little longer.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I agree with all the comments already made about lack of planning for the supporters. The start of the game was delayed for 15 minutes to allow all those who'd gone across the road for grub to get back for the kick off.

But I'm mightily impressed with the club's desire to combat global warming, though I'm not exactly sure how much impact turning off the Cat stand lights during the break will have in the long run. In the short run it simply meant that the teams delayed coming out for the second half until the lights had warmed up again.

I wish I lived in the alternative world of Tigers Management - it must be a marvellously strange place.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

h's dad wrote: Presumably the bar staff are paid for a minimum length of shift so they have to match demand time to supply time.

Whereas in the pubs and fast food outlets outside the ground the staff work for free?
Still keeping the faith!