Clermont Auvergne v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont Auvergne v Leicester

Post by Bill W (2) »

TTRITH wrote:Grindal proved today he is not first choice, whereas Youngs showed that he's better as an impact player. We need Harry fit, and soon. We also need a certain Frenchmen to return...

Which Frenchman did you envisage returning then?
Still keeping the faith!
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Given our on-going problems at 2 & 9 - both that went to Paris over the summer.

M. Dupuis will be well rested by the time pre-season starts!

Shame that they went & shame that they won't be coming back.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Clermont were allowed to look good by a very average Tigers team.

We let them win countless restarts, someone tell Geoff Parling and his support lifters that if he turns sideways, as oppossed to facing forwards when trying to catch a restart, if he drops the ball there is a chance it may go backwards, if he's facing forwards he's stuffed!

We were weak in defence and weak in the tackle area. This was the worst performance from a Tigers outfit i've seen in a long time!

I hope they're out on the Oval Park early this morning hitting some bags and working on running lines & support lines, remember them!!

Lets be honest two of our tries shouldn't of been allowed, Allen was in touch and Staunton's try had a forward pass in it!

Still....C'Mon Tigers lets get into them next week!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Hands up those who've never had a bad day at the office? - i thought so! - have faith in our awesome squad, awesome coaches and awesome ability, because we will crush those Frenchies this saturday and all you whingers can get back to whinging about the fans that get up to go to get more delicious Tiger beer, the lack of atmospehere in the wonderful CAT stand, and that fat bloke near the front row whose ears alone block at least 10 peoples view. Tiiiiiiggeeeeeeerrrrrrrs!!!!! :smt041
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:Hands up those who've never had a bad day at the office? - i thought so! - have faith in our awesome squad, awesome coaches and awesome ability, because we will crush those Frenchies this saturday and all you whingers can get back to whinging about the fans that get up to go to get more delicious Tiger beer, the lack of atmospehere in the wonderful CAT stand, and that fat bloke near the front row whose ears alone block at least 10 peoples view. Tiiiiiiggeeeeeeerrrrrrrs!!!!! :smt041

nicely said - however feel the same about the Crumbly! stand haha

I will say one thing though - Moody should be Captain........

nice come back lads - but lets not start this 'catch up rugby' bit that we seem to slip into every year at this time - get the points on the board - you know you can do it and we're behind you all the way..........
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

Now people need to stop getting carried away.
yes we lost (got stufffed really) however Clermont would on that performance beat anyone else in Europe,inc Munster,leinster,toulouse etc, they were very good,the mistakes that tigers made were caused by Clermonts pressure.

All this bring in 12T etc, people need to stop trying to make him into a world class player after just the ospreys game,(he is class but not wc) yes he played well that day, but please give the lad a chance to develop,I would have him on bench due to his versatility to play 10/12/13.
Allen played well on sunday.
The pressure is on them, but i doubt clermont can play that well again. As sean Edwards said this morning the tigers will be fired up next week, I expect a brutal game which will hopefully be a classic win.
glass is half full
doogie

Post by doogie »

Am I alone in thinking that Scotty's announcement regarding his uncertain future, 24 hours before a vital H Cup game, was somewhat ill timed?

It may give the player maximum exposure in the press in alerting other 'wealthier' clubs but must be unsettling for the team.

Scott also mentioned that he thought Aaron Mauger might be on for a return to the southern hemisphere, so was it any wonder that these 2 players both seemed, at times, off their game?

I know the rest of our players didn't exactly cover themselves in glory but part of what makes Tigers so strong in the bond in whatever 15 players are out on the pitch. Is that possible if 1 or 2 are not fully committed?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I thought 12 or 13 weren't that commited yesterday.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

barson wrote:I thought 12 or 13 weren't that commited yesterday.
Mauger played below his best (well below) Allen i felt played pretty well in the face of a powerful clermont backline.
I feel to suggest that any player was not committed is harsh, I fancy they did not go out feeling less than 100% committed, sometimes you have to face facts that you were beaten by a better team on the day!!!!!!!
glass is half full
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I meant 12 or 13 players, i.e. virtually the whole team didn't turn up.

Yes we were beaten by a better team, no doubt, but we sure gave them a big helping hand with our game (or lack of it).

Sorry but after that performanc they deserve to be slated.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

doogie wrote: Scott also mentioned that he thought Aaron Mauger might be on for a return to the southern hemisphere, so was it any wonder that these 2 players both seemed, at times, off their game?
If these two players were looking to put themselves in the "shop window" then you would think that they would be even more focused to demonstrate, on such a high profile European stage, how good they really are and therefore attract more interest in other clubs securing their services.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

barson wrote:I meant 12 or 13 players, i.e. virtually the whole team didn't turn up.

Yes we were beaten by a better team, no doubt, but we sure gave them a big helping hand with our game (or lack of it).

Sorry but after that performanc they deserve to be slated.
I agree the game plan was poor for 70 mins.
Why continue to kick away good ball in the 1st half when (1) They never dropped a high ball & (2) Floody was kicking so badly!

Who knows but got to improve, alot!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
quincy

Post by quincy »

Just returned from France. Good few days but a poor performance by the Tigers. I agree that no one goes out to lose nor give anything but 100%. I just feel as I always have done that its the home grown players who give that 1% more fdor their home club.
Lets face it our foreign imports are just journey men looking to get good reward for their labours and then move on for a better contract. All these imports will be earning more than the local players (if they are not then you out their who know please put me straight).
Seeing the game live you can read players body languages and some just appeared unconcerned.
Another point that I would like to make is the lack of a good captain. These are difficult to find I know but are worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately we do not have a Skinner or Sanderson and of course a Johnno. Dont get me wrong because I doubt we have an inspirational leader at the club but I would like to see someone actually geeing up his colleagues.
However, Keep the Faith. We will come good this week and bounce back. After 50 years support I have to keep a smile on my face.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

quincy wrote: Another point that I would like to make is the lack of a good captain. These are difficult to find I know but are worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately we do not have a Skinner or Sanderson and of course a Johnno. Dont get me wrong because I doubt we have an inspirational leader at the club but I would like to see someone actually geeing up his colleagues.

Personally I feel this is where we are missing Geordie's input - he may seem laid back but we are missing him in the captain's spot - and doing it from the stands or as water boy just isn't the same.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
doogie

Post by doogie »

Will S wrote:
doogie wrote: Scott also mentioned that he thought Aaron Mauger might be on for a return to the southern hemisphere, so was it any wonder that these 2 players both seemed, at times, off their game?
If these two players were looking to put themselves in the "shop window" then you would think that they would be even more focused to demonstrate, on such a high profile European stage, how good they really are and therefore attract more interest in other clubs securing their services.
I would have thought so too but I've seen it happen many times before when footballers are trying to 'renegotiate' better deals for themselves. It's a problem when agents and lots of money is involved, as is now happening in rugby.

In professional sport played at the highest level, unless the athelete has his or her mind 100% focused on the game, they will invariable put in a below par performance.