Tom Croft - Bad News

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pinot Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Tom Croft - Bad News

Post by Pinot Tiger »

Unfortunately, reports about the relatively decent health of TC are greatly exaggerated. He was at a lunch in London yesterday along with Moods, Geordan, Craig Newby and Harry E, and was sporting a plaster cast around his knee. He has done his medials. He is expected to have the plaster off sometime in Jan. I wish him well.
To Toulouse and beyond...
AidanMcDowell

Re: Tom Croft - Bad News

Post by AidanMcDowell »

This is bad news indeed. No sooner do we start to get players back from long term injuries when we lose more. It's really frustrating. :smt093 :smt093
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

He hurt his knee in the NZ game initially so I guess he was not quite fit for the Leeds game?
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

Great. Another piece of bad luck on the injury front. :smt011
When will we ever have any good luck? We have lost our consistantly best player and as ever i am annoyed at our unluckyness.
This again brings to rise the whole england vs club player debate, as the amount of games that our England players miss per season is ridiculous, and then they get injured on duty. I think that as well as the rfu paying the clubs a bonus, they should pay the players wages for the weeks when they are away, because what is the point in paying players to go off and play for England when the clubs are paying their wages. Rant over :smt012
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

FlyingTiger wrote:He hurt his knee in the NZ game initially so I guess he was not quite fit for the Leeds game?
you could not be more wrong - acl injury caused my impact on the knee during a clash with Marco - completely separate from any other injury he received.
captain_insaino wrote: Great. Another piece of bad luck on the injury front.
When will we ever have any good luck? We have lost our consistantly best player and as ever i am annoyed at our unluckyness.
This again brings to rise the whole england vs club player debate, as the amount of games that our England players miss per season is ridiculous, and then they get injured on duty. I think that as well as the rfu paying the clubs a bonus, they should pay the players wages for the weeks when they are away, because what is the point in paying players to go off and play for England when the clubs are paying their wages. Rant over
I agree ref the luck thing, we are having a bad run, but he was injured playing for Tigers - what has that got to do with England?
I think you are having a g moment - not a good trait
Less is more....
bgcox8301
Tiger Cub

Post by bgcox8301 »

Bad news indeed, not only for the Tigers but for Tom himself. Wonder if this will have any impact on him being called up for 6 Nations?
Best wishes and a speedy and healthy recovery for him
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Bad luck Tom - get well soon.

Perhaps in the meantime, all the pitches will be too wet/dry/frozen/hard to play on?
Valhalla I am coming!
micahroni
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by micahroni »

how credible is your source :smt017
Pinot Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pinot Tiger »

how credible is your source?

Very. I was there at the lunch. Good news is that Craig Newby is very close to being fully fit and might even feature this weekend, and Geordan expects to be back sometime in Jan
To Toulouse and beyond...