Can you hear me....?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Can you hear me....?

Post by fentiger »

I previously posted about this under the section that was then present regarding stadium development. Charles Rayner said they would act, but nothing has been done. I refer to the music and anouncer sound levels in the Cat stand both before the match and at half time.
Yes, you need the level to be suitable during the match to here anouncements, however surely it`s not rocket science to have it adjusted to a lower level at other times.
Yesterday was a prime example: half time whistle goes, I turn to my wife (next to me) to talk about the half, at immediately the same time the music is blasted at us, killing any conversation stone dead! Anouncements regarding birthdays etc then continue throughout the break at the same level.
As far as me and my family are concerned this is ruining our `match day experience`.
Does anyone else feel the same?
L.F
Tiger Cub

Re: Can you hear me....?

Post by L.F »

Yes, it's far too loud. As I've said before, the club seems to be obsessed with appealing to the "yoof" market and, presumably, thinks that they like the ear-splitting noise. I certainly don't.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Keep your comments coming in.........Charles Rayner will be reading this thread when he gets back to work next week.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

it is that loud so that the people on the crumbie terrace can hear
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Is there music at half time? I know there is a guy who prances around on the pitch - I assumed he was saying something but no idea what.

(from the back of the Crumbie)
Still keeping the faith!
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

You should have been at Glaws last week. Their system is actually WORSE than ours. But I agree with many of the other posts..keep the announcements to a minimum, use the large display board more. Don't insult us with inane halftime banter. We can do banter ourselves on the Crumbling terrace.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:I stand at the front of the Crumbie and all I can hear of announcements is "yarra yarra from beeble school bobble screech bop presented noarrgle deep" and so on.
Are there announcements?
Still keeping the faith!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

I am with you Bill - I have not heard an annoucement in the Crumbie for many a year which suits me fine although I did wonder what that chap was doing in the middle when whole stands were getting to their feet and sitting down again. Was to avoid deep vein thrombosis amongst the tartan rug brigade?
Jez

Only Winners Win!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I agree with the OP. The PA has gone from muffled vacuum cleaner (old Next stand) to pin-sharp concert level (new CAT stand). I've taken to keeping my headphones on at half-time.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:I am with you Bill - I have not heard an annoucement in the Crumbie for many a year which suits me fine although I did wonder what that chap was doing in the middle when whole stands were getting to their feet and sitting down again. Was to avoid deep vein thrombosis amongst the tartan rug brigade?
Jez

I assumed it was so that people like me could get out to have a smoke!
Still keeping the faith!
BT
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BT »

Yes far TO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please turn it down And tell the anouncer that if you open the mike before a kick at the posts it is worse than someone SHOUTING don't turn the mike on until you need it please. The Cat stand speakers let you hear everything even heavy breathing.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Note to Charles Rayner.

You are waking the people in the Cat Stand from their deep slumbers.

Do not worry about the elite in the Crumbie.

We are fine as we are and never complain!
Still keeping the faith!
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

fentiger wrote:I previously posted about this under the section that was then present regarding stadium development. Charles Rayner said they would act, but nothing has been done. I refer to the music and anouncer sound levels in the Cat stand both before the match and at half time.
Yes, you need the level to be suitable during the match to here anouncements, however surely it`s not rocket science to have it adjusted to a lower level at other times.
Yesterday was a prime example: half time whistle goes, I turn to my wife (next to me) to talk about the half, at immediately the same time the music is blasted at us, killing any conversation stone dead! Anouncements regarding birthdays etc then continue throughout the break at the same level.
As far as me and my family are concerned this is ruining our `match day experience`.
Does anyone else feel the same?

Yes. My Dad and I have given up talking before the game and at Halftime because of the ear aching loud announcements, and do we really need the tinny distorted “music” anyway, apart from when the players come out? We have to discuss how the game is going during the Penalties, but very quietly of course. I am sure others do too. We find Dagnell’s voice really harsh and grating. Why did Tigers employ him when he has more relevance to football? Bring back Tudor Thomas
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:I am with you Bill - I have not heard an annoucement in the Crumbie for many a year which suits me fine although I did wonder what that chap was doing in the middle when whole stands were getting to their feet and sitting down again. Was to avoid deep vein thrombosis amongst the tartan rug brigade?
It was changed to waving arms in the air because I complained that the standing up call excluded the disabled supporters.