Hamilton - will he stay or will he go? (merged thread)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hamilton - will he stay or will he go? (merged thread)

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

I understand that SH's contract is up in the summer - according to my source he may make a move to France before he goes back home. Hope not as he has been our best buy for years :smt012
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Hamilton - will he stay or will he go?

Post by FlyingTiger »

Pity if he does but that's the proff game for you. Who would turn down a bigger pay packet if it is offered, especially if it is in the south with its better climate?
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I agree, he has been a superb signing, and I've enjoyed his displays in Tigers colours.

I would like to think Tigers will be looking very hard at giving him an extension to his contract, along with Aaron Mauger whose contract is also coming to an in the the Summer.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

I bet whoever brought him to Tigers notice is walking tall, has to be the most consistent performer in Tigers colours for a while.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

He'll be off. Only because we don't play him at full-back. I also think the writings on the wall as it's been mentioned in the press that Cockers is looking for a world class winger!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

TTRITH wrote:He'll be off. Only because we don't play him at full-back. I also think the writings on the wall as it's been mentioned in the press that Cockers is looking for a world class winger!
I think he could be a permanent replacement for Geordan Murphy eventually, I'm not sure how many seasons Geordie has left .... puts flak jacket on and retires to a safe distance! :smt072

Full-back is certainly a position he is most comfortable in, but he has never let us down playing on the wing either.

I would still love him to extend his contract, he has definitely been one of the transfer success stories in recent years.

Also, can we truly afford a 'World-Class winger' with the salary cap in place?
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Would be a massive loss to us if he goes! I've loved watching him play, great player and a really top bloke as well!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

From the Crusaders school of rugby excellence. Would be a massive blow if he left.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Once again in the service of the forum I have consulted the brother in law of the uncle of the taxi drivers mistress.

Hamilton will stay.
Still keeping the faith!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bill W (2) wrote:Once again in the service of the forum I have consulted the brother in law of the uncle of the taxi drivers mistress.

Hamilton will stay.
Thank god the mist has cleared from the crystal ball. It was looking like a close thing for a while :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

it all comes down to whether he wants to play for abs again if he does he will go if he dont he will stay (hopefully)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Some thing really needs to be done if those pesky French clubs keep pinching the best players.

The GP salary cap my be performing some sort of function, as no GP team has gone out of business yet. And maybe Tigers are self-regulating to the point where they wouldn't bother outbidding the big French clubs in any case.

But as it stands, if they come for a player like Hamilton then the decision could be taken out of Tigers' hands and they'll just have to wave ta-ta to him.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

The French government have already done that...

Saw something the other week about a change in the Tax laws that will result in a significant increase in tax bills for the French clubs - something to do with classing some of their income as Image Rights.

Not sure when it's due to take effect mind
tigerD

Post by tigerD »

Perhaps SH is considering a move? He is usually pretty reliable and often excellent but seems recently to have made a few uncharacteristic errors...
Concentrating on other matters?.... :smt017
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

tigerD wrote:Perhaps SH is considering a move? He is usually pretty reliable and often excellent but seems recently to have made a few uncharacteristic errors...
Concentrating on other matters?.... :smt017
I did mention this on another post, but he seemed to be carrying a knock in the game at home against Newport the other week. The guy has had a couple of iffy matches in two seasons and was excellent on Saturday against Leeds. Think that was his (very) brief dip in form and I am sure that normal service has been resumed.