Guinness A game vouchers to allow entry to game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tim15

Guinness A game vouchers to allow entry to game

Post by tim15 »

Hi all,

Just wondered what your thoughts were about this, my son plays for the Belgrave Mini's, he and his mates would like to come to the Tigers games but can't afford them as there not free to under 8's, like the football is at the Walkers.

Asked the ticket office about trying to get some vouchers for the 'A' games (to distribute them at the club to them and their parents and get them down to see some professional rugby) so rang as couldn;t find the down load form to then sort it out early to spread them around his friends, but told by the Tiger's ticket office they only go out 2 to 3 days before the game.

Just wondered why? Is this is apparently policy, but does it not seem to cut of your nose to spite your face? Why not have the forms on site for all the time.

Surely the more that come to the 'A' game improves the atmosphere and also may get a few more members, generating (long term) more income for the club.

Just wondered what others thought, i know that each 'A' game form has the team were playing against so can't photo copy it.

Also not everyone has computer at their home, and if they don't come out until Friday or Saturday, limtied time to sort them out!

A right pfaff! :smt013
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Guinness A game vouchers to allow entry to game

Post by me2 »

You can collect & complete forms on the night so if you don't have a computer there is still a workable solution.

May not be ideal but it's still a solution.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Couple of years ago they were distributed well in advance to cubs, beavers, schools, clubs, churches etc etc . Resulted in some huge attendances. Seems like an "improvement" which as we know, often isn't!
Tigers - true Champions!
waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by waster »

I've been down on the night and mislaid / forgotten the forms and there have been spares available to fill in, so do not despair.

It is usually a good atmosphere even if sometimes a little quiet but it is a good opportunity to see some end to end running rugby. My 2 year old loves it!!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The A team matches are certainly worth attending,but for the club the attendances of a couple of years ago i.e. 10,000 plus were not good financially as the stewarding costs etc were greater than the revenue received so don't expect Tigers to go overboard about whipping up support for these matches.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Surely though its about sowing that seed for future generations and reap the rewards years later when todays 'oldies' may have passed away, not renewed etc..........we need to attract the young 'uns away from the roundyball exposure on TV and give them live rugby in a good atmosphere.

As i said on another thread ......marketing depts :smt018 :smt017 :smt018 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!