Positives for stewards today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Positives for stewards today

Post by WiggoTiger »

Can I just say that all the stewards seemed to be on the ball today and especially on the terrace where they were keeping the walkway clear at most times. I know that numbers were down in attendance but the atmpshere seemed more relaxed today.

Lets stop slagging all stewards off!! :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Positives for stewards today

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Hear, hear.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

As always I found the stewards friendly and helpful.
Still keeping the faith!
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Most are .... no all are
is growing bonsai a big thing
waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by waster »

I've always found most of the stewards helpful and courtious given the difficult job they do.
However I did think the chap in the yellow coat (head boss man) in the club house stand was a little over zealous when he told the kids who had moved behind the posts to get back to their seats. Looked like they just moved to get a better veiw of a penalty and catch a ball. We should be encouraging new and young visitors to Welford Road not drumming the enjoyment out of the game for them.

I don't doubt he was very correct in that they had bought a ticket for a numbered seat and should have sat in it but that stand was almost deserted so they were not harming anyone!!!

Rules are Rules but we surely have discresion as to how they should be applied!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

waster wrote:I've always found most of the stewards helpful and courtious given the difficult job they do.
However I did think the chap in the yellow coat (head boss man) in the club house stand was a little over zealous when he told the kids who had moved behind the posts to get back to their seats. Looked like they just moved to get a better veiw of a penalty and catch a ball. We should be encouraging new and young visitors to Welford Road not drumming the enjoyment out of the game for them.

I don't doubt he was very correct in that they had bought a ticket for a numbered seat and should have sat in it but that stand was almost deserted so they were not harming anyone!!!

Rules are Rules but we surely have discresion as to how they should be applied!
Unfortunatley if one had fell, injured themselves or others the club would be liable, also I think they were running around and jumping up and down when their kicker was about to kick a penalty.

Stop Knocking STEWARDS, blame Elf an Safety please. :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

They're a bunch of jobsworth facists.

No - not our loverly peeople at Welford road - the numb skulls they employ at Twickenham.

My Brother in law pays a huge amount for 4 debenture seats at HQ and after the "game" yesterday we wanted to sit and watch the ladies have a go (by the way well done Roses - beating the world champs!) but the stewards insisted we move as they were closing half the ground and we had to shift because they didn't have the staff to "ensure our safety".

Now.... even after a really good afternoon out, (which Saturday had not been), I can't ever remember injuring myself, or anyone else whilst sat on my ample backside watching a rugby match. And as for lack of staff there were four rather uncivil stewards hovering over us to evict us.

Before anyone knocks Welford Road take a taste of Twickenham - beer @ £4 a pint, toilets swimming in something :censored:, food at extortionate prices (£15 for a plate of sandwiches in the executive lounge my brother in law pays a fortune to have access to) AND you get to be abused by the staff in the process.

One other rant whilst I'm on about Twickenham and the RFU (could explain my version of those letters but this is a family forum... but the U stands for useless) If you watched on telly the ladies appeared to be playing in front of an empty stadium. The half of the ground they closed was the half the cameras look towards - there was a pretty good crowd on the other side - shame for the ladies and TV coverage of what was by far a better game.

And breath .....................................................................
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"