I'm a bit out of touch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm a bit out of touch

Post by IsraeliTiger »

It seems that in the few months where my internet access has been limited, an entirely new Tigers squad has appeared, some of whom I've either never heard of, or heard very limited about. Could someone help me out by filling in some basic background information about the following from last weeks game?

Amorisino - Argentine international winger, where did we sign him from? I seem to have entirely missed his signing.
Forsyth
Manu Tuilagi - Obviously one of the clan, but I get them confused. Is he the one who was at Leeds?
Green
Hemingway
Pienaar
Hammond
Armes

Thats just from the Saffa game, if there's anyone else I might not know about, feel free to update me on them tool.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Tigerbeat

Re: I'm a bit out of touch

Post by Tigerbeat »

Andy Tuilagi was previously at Leeds before moving to Sale

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

IsraeliTiger wrote:It seems that in the few months where my internet access has been limited, an entirely new Tigers squad has appeared, some of whom I've either never heard of, or heard very limited about. Could someone help me out by filling in some basic background information about the following from last weeks game?

Amorisino - Argentine international winger, where did we sign him from? I seem to have entirely missed his signing........ARGENTINA
Forsyth........TIGERS ACCADEMY
Manu Tuilagi - Obviously one of the clan, but I get them confused. Is he the one who was at Leeds?......DITTO
Green.........Nottingham,I think(I'm on here most days and I can't keep up)
Hemingway.......DITTO
Pienaar.......DITTO
Hammond....pinched Nottinghams captain
Armes

Thats just from the Saffa game, if there's anyone else I might not know about, feel free to update me on them tool.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Injuries have hit us bad and the teams we have been putting out have been a little on the youthful side. The team against Leeds in the cup game was virtually all academy and Nottingham players.

Forsythe, Manu Tuilagi, Green, Hemingway, Pienaar and Armes are all products of the academy, but they were released to division one clubs for gametime. Many are dual registered, meaning we can call on them as and when we need them, but us fans are finding it hard to keep track of who is where. Pienaar did play in our first team a few times last year, but was sent to a division one side to get more gametime and develop and is looking like a good player.

Amorosino was signed to cover wing and fullback when we decided not to sign Nicola Jeanjean. He was signed from an amateur club in Argentina, nobody knew much about him. But from what we have learned is that he is fast and very elusive, but has some defensive issues. But he is young and improving all the time. Could be some player in a year or two.

Manu Tuilagi is the youngest of the current crop of Tuilagi's. He has only ever played for the academy and 'A' league side before. You are thinking of Andy Tuilagi who plays for Sale now.

Hammond is the 30 year old Nottingham captain. Not sure how we managed to snaffle him for the SA and Leeds games, but he has impressed so much that Cockerill is looking to take him on for a while longer whilst we deal with our injury situation.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Yeah, I didn't even want to get started on the Leeds side, I saw it was an academy team. What is the LV= cup anyway?
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

It's everyone's favourite Anglo-Welsh Cup of wonder and delight.
It's only cheating if you get caught.