Leicester 22 - 17 South Africa Great Win!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

silverfish

Re: Leicester 22 - 17 South Africa Great Win!!!!

Post by silverfish »

Hammond....what a shift that guy put in in the second half, it reminded me of when Cullen played for us. And Amorosino was much better under a high ball than we've seen him before - I think I know what's been happening in training all week.

Before the game I thought it would be just a silly money-making waste of time. It's great being wrong.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Totally gob-smacked by the performance - what a night to remember! I honestly thought that if the Tigers could stay within 10 points then it would have been a job well done. The scrummage was awesome and the defence by all was totally amazing. The next few years will be interesting to watch given the quality of the academy guys. It should certainly give a few senior players something to think about on how safe are their places?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

For all those supporters who are confessing to hangovers this morning, shame on you! You wouldn't catch me with a hangover the morning after a game like that! I'm still drunk! :smt030

I watched the game more in hope than expectation. Looking for performance, guts, spirit and downright cussedness over a result. I got both! I didn't sleep much last night. Highlights kept runnning through my head as I lay there starring at the mountains. WONDERFULL!

Johne and the boys celebrating at the end was brillaint and yes Mr Murphy, you were "effing awesome!"

I hope the England boys take something from that win today and as far as the Tigers are concerned, win, lose or draw, performances like that will keep me in Remy powered heaven for a long time.

:censored: well done........Just :censored: well done!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

TigerCam wrote:Totally gob-smacked by the performance - what a night to remember! I honestly thought that if the Tigers could stay within 10 points then it would have been a job well done. The scrummage was awesome and the defence by all was totally amazing. The next few years will be interesting to watch given the quality of the academy guys. It should certainly give a few senior players something to think about on how safe are their places?
:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

Ditto Tigercam. I have never enjoyed a game more and so proud to call myself a Leicester Tigers supporter. I must have jumped a mile in the air when that final whistle went. History was made last night and I was there. Woweeeee.
Philip J Gray
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Wow what a fantastic performance, but what no one seems to have mentioned is the brilliant discipline not to give it away from that relentless pressure in the last 5 minutes. Just well done to all of them.
Just one other thing... the rest of the Premiership must be quaking in their boots after watching that performance. Long may it continue. :smt045
NIGELRUGBY

Post by NIGELRUGBY »

Silverfish i agree hammond the nottingham captain had a great game and playing for you on sunday at leeds will be missed today against exeter :smt026
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Fantastic!! What a win
Each and everyone of those boys in the pitch should be bursting with pride for how they played last night. It proved we are a team and they all work for each other, rather than being 15 people on a pitch in the same shirts.
Iam proud to be a tigers fan!

I might our England boys were going mad at the TV last night! :smt023
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Game; what a game!

Try; what a try!!!!!

I hope all the dissenters will now give it a rest. For me it was the try of the season so far. Finishing of the highest order and well worth the entry money alone. Yes, some other parts of his game need work but with ball in hand the kid is madgical to watch.

That being said, it was the skill and power of the big boys which (in the words of the Sun) 'won it for us'. Thank goodness that for once we had a ref who was capable of calling the scrum and rewarding the victors. Not many do!

The 'new names' did a wonderful job and we clearly have a lot of young talent which is going to entertain for many year to come. They stepped up to the plate and had games to be proud of to a man.

I'm just hoping the England front up in the same way this afternoon.

Keep smiling! :smt031
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Warren Gatland...

Post by mol2 »

I wonder what he makes of that .... & we are only 4th in the League :smt002
Red White and Green

Post by Red White and Green »

What a great night in the history of Leicester Tigers.
Feared the worst when we went behind, but the side showed tremendous character and played some fantastic rugby.They are all heros.Brilliant atmosphere,the best and loudest for along time.
Does this win make Tigers the unofficial WORLD CHAMPIONS ?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

:smt026 WELL DONE TIGERS :smt026
The last time I got as excited over a game of rugby was when England won the rugby world cup. Last nights game was awesome and I was there. I don't think there should be man of the match, it should be men of the match as the whole team deserve it. I'm looking foward to tonight as one of my fellow taxi drivers is South African. Good luck to South Africa in their next games
:smt030 :smt030
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

What an amazing win well done to all the Tigers players.

I was sat in the disabled area and those last couple minutes were amazing, nail biting how the Tigers defended and how SA tried to break down the defending Tigers.
The noise from the crowd at that stage was so loud and I bet it is the loudest crowd noise at a Rugby ground.
Thanks to the guys for showing their support at the end by walking round the pitch

It was a great game from both sides.

I recorded the game and when I got home I had to watch it again it was truly amazing.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

tigers fan wrote:I was sat in the disabled area and those last couple minutes were amazing, nail biting how the Tigers defended and how SA tried to break down the defending Tigers...
Nice to know who I was near! (W5 D 132) :smt003
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I've been told that any club team that beats the Boks gets a pair of Springbok antlers for the trophy cabinet. anyone know if that is true?

not sure how many have ever done it, but what a trophy to have.
refsguidedog
Top Cat
Top Cat

Tigers v South Africa

Post by refsguidedog »

Photos of the new world rugby champions are on http://www.phphoto.co.uk/Sport.html