Leicester 22 - 17 South Africa Great Win!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester 22 - 17 South Africa Great Win!!!!

Post by Bill W (2) »

bokbefok wrote:Guys, let me be the first Springbok fan to congratulate you on a win (unless there have been others!). Not a great night for us, but fair play to your boys, certainly a night for you to remember. Enjoy it, we would if the tables were reversed!
Thank you bokbefok. A great advertisement for the game. And a splendid "opening" for our new stand. Thank you all for your hospitality on the Lions Tour.

Best of luck against the French!
Still keeping the faith!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

bokbefok wrote:Guys, let me be the first Springbok fan to congratulate you on a win (unless there have been others!). Not a great night for us, but fair play to your boys, certainly a night for you to remember. Enjoy it, we would if the tables were reversed!
Brilliant match and SA fought to the last second. Let's hope this is the start of a regular feature of touring teams playing club sides. As for a night to remember I suspect that many will celebrate to the extent that they won't remember!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

With you on Hammond, G - he was immense and looked like a long-time Tiger. I saw his name in the listing for in the Sunday squad as well - he's going to be one sore bloke if that's right.
ronnied
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ronnied »

Well boys, what an awesome game to watch and those scrums were just awesome. A great game in all aspects and as a Tiger that toured with the Lions it certainly helps the pain that the summer brought.

Well done lads, as always you've made me a very proud tiger.

:smt007 :smt007
A proud tiger
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Gate wrote:With you on Hammond, G - he was immense and looked like a long-time Tiger. I saw his name in the listing for in the Sunday squad as well - he's going to be one sore bloke if that's right.
Ditto, to both comments, thought he was really really good showed a dogged determination to win and was brilliant, can we have him more oftenn please?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

Just incredible! Simple as.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

As Cockers said the other day "You can not buy spirit like that".
That was just damn awesome!!!!
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Brilliant result, great team effort, a new Law should be passed giving us 4 extra HC points for that performance!

Especially well done to the Notts lads. I'd like to especially commend Craig Hammond for doing so well at short notice. Is he He also dual registered? I've lost the plot about who plays for who and the Tigers website is no use at all with such information.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

SPIKE@srufc wrote:As Cockers said the other day "You can not buy spirit like that".
That was just damn awesome!!!!
Here here!!!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Thanks for the gracious comment bokbefok :)

I'm still voiceless, was frozen but now got the hot aches. The noise and atmosphere in those last few minutes were just amazing - and the lads did us SO proud! Nice touch that they did a circuit of the pitch to applaud the fans too.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Worried that Ben Youngs looked to be struggling when we were camped in the 22 in added time...

He was on the floor for a while, and seemed to be struggling to stand, and wobbled his way back to the line eventually.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Watching on the telebox I have never heard noise like that at a rugby game before - I know that must be wrong - but it sounded so loud, awesome display but the boys but how great must that have been to have been roared on at home whilst beating the world champions!
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Darc Tiger wrote:Worried that Ben Youngs looked to be struggling when we were camped in the 22 in added time...

He was on the floor for a while, and seemed to be struggling to stand, and wobbled his way back to the line eventually.
Well he hasn't played 80 minutes for some time. Probably not fully match fit!

Awesome performance from him. And well done to Paul Burke for giving him the confidence.
Still keeping the faith!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Ben the Tiger wrote:That was one of the most spirited games of rugby that I have ever seen Tigers play, you could see just by watching those on the sidelines who couldn't play what it meant to the whole squad. I thought that they were fantastic, the scrum was immense, fantastic, superb, amazing like no scrum I have seen before (except the last one but in my mind that never even happened). What was best to see was what it meant to all the players and the commitement and passion that they showed to try and win the game! I would single people out saying they had the best game but it simply isn't possible from 1 to 22 and beyond they were superb and deserve a huge pat on the back, round of applause or cheer.

WELL DONE LADS YOU WERE ALL SUPERB, YOU'VE DONE US PROUD!!!
:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

Ditto Ben the Tiger. I have never witnessed such scenes as the final whistle signalled a historic victory for Leicester Tigers. Pack munched its way through the Boks pack and Castro just awsome without a doubt. Tuilagi just the physicality needed in the centre while Ben Youngs came of age tonight against an experienced South African team. Where were you when Leicester beat the Boks? I can now say I was there. A few beers are in order tomorrow.
Philip J Gray
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

What a game!

Castro was immense, surely man of the match. The Tigers scrum was phenomenal and yes Ben Younds had a cracking game. I thought Mauger was a bit quiet, and that Hamilton had a pretty good game along with Manu. Ambrosino's try looked, from the terrace at least, superb (and il check it was on TV shortly!)

World Champions :)
#48 FTW :)