Leicester 22 - 17 South Africa Great Win!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester 22 - 17 South Africa Great Win!!!!

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

LET THE PARTY BEGIN - OH WHAT A NIGHT
Philip J Gray
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Think Mauger showed he isnt really a fly half today. He did his part in getting the backs moving, but his kicking was poor in general. Nice to see him make 2 full games the last 2 weeks. Just hope he sticks to inside centre. Turned a corner with his injury?

Really thought Manu looked very good at 12. Very strong carrier and looks to have a good set of mitts on him and didnt just crash ball every time he got it.

Hats off to Castro and Parling in particular, who were totally immense. Very impressed with the No19 as well (Hammond?)

Really looking forward to seeing how the young lads do on Sunday now. :smt026

Tonight history was made. And I am so proud to be a Tiger!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

have just got home (gone mindnight). several Tigers fans in Watford Gap services and we all said how amazing. fantistic atmosphere in the ground - so much noise!

absolutely awesome performance especially from the pack. we were all over their pack.

the way the players greeted the final whistle, it was like winning a major final. shows how much it all meant to them.

and the lap of honour was great too - a lap of honour after a friendly!
all in all a truly superb evening.
thanks, guys!
ajs37
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ajs37 »

just got home to bristol - grinning all the way home! brilliant!

we missed the start because it took us an hour to get to the stadium from the M69 - are leicester city council ever going to try to solve the traffic problems?

anyway - we recorded the game - and we will probably watch it again all the way through in the morning! - off to bed now - sweet dreams!
Welford Tigress

Post by Welford Tigress »

Thank you Tigers for a great evening. In years to come we'll be able to say, We were there! :smt038
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WilfMan »

Other than Ben Youngs who looked to be struggling at the end...

was there anyone else that got injured???
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
Ebobw

Post by Ebobw »

Well I have just got home and I have to say that was a fantastic game, what a great squad we have...Brilliant :smt041
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Just back in. Lovely drive back along the A47 (can't always say that), even with a diversion via Stamford!)

Absolutely fantastic game. Quite simply one of the most exciting games of rugby football I have ever been to. Tigers played with real HEART. A rugby club rather than just a sports side. And the crowd was fantastic, fully playing its part (apart from the loonies in the A&L stand who decided to have their own handbags and were ejected). What an experience!

(Sorry to be a bit niggly, but one thing, perhaps someone ought to have a quiet word with Lote Tuqiri who next time might not get away with waving his arms and/or moving during an opposition penalty kick at goal. Don't think it actually made any difference in fact this time. But it might another...)
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Taff Davies

Post by Taff Davies »

I must say that was one of the best displays of sheer guts that I have seen on a Rugby field for a long time, I am a self confessed "Rugby Fanatic" and as a Welsh man who lives in Ireland and works out of Newcastle, England I get a fair amount of stick, in a football loving town full of mad Geordie's who don't understand rugby.

To pick man of the match for that game, would have been a nightmare, that was a team effort, the front row and the second, back row were superb !!! Castro was superb along with Parlin, Meifen at 37 at a strong game upfront, the lad from Nottingham was brilliant Hammond (number 19) is work in the tackle area and breakdown was superb, it is on at 09.00 am today on SKY, for any youngsters out there watch this guy in the tackle and tackle area, watch him turn the player and smother them, pure class.

I have been to four Rugby World Cups, two Lions Tours and do you know I wish I was there last night the atmosphere looked brilliant.

Thank you Leceister Tigers and Congratulations all you Tigers fans.

For a great game of Rugby............................
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

WilfMan wrote:Other than Ben Youngs who looked to be struggling at the end...

was there anyone else that got injured???
Yes Brett Deacon he went off fairly early. Not sure what the injury was though.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Good morning to all and what a great morning it is.

I'm still at a loss for words - just watched it again on TV and it's even better the second time round - the scrummaging - the rucking - the amount of turnover ball we gained was awesome all with an apparently lightweight pack - I think not.

I don't want to single anyone out because it really was a great all round performance and at the moment I can't think of a better one. However a mention for Hammond who we borrowed from Notts at the eleventh hour - I assume that when Ben Kay was called back to England we just rang him up and asked him if he fancied a game - no run out or time for training with the team - well he played like a real Tiger for me and is welcome anytime - if he reads this 'Thanks and I hope you enjoyed the evening - I'm sure you'll remember it for the rest of your life'

I don't think I've ever been so tense for the last five minutes of the game (and that's saying something) as we repelled SA attacks which would have won the game for them. The atmosphere was fantastic - Will Greenwood said he hadn't felt or heard an atmosphere like that for years - it even got to Ben Herring - for once not running along the touchline and onto the field but needing to sit down, glued to the edge of his seat quietly and nervously twiddling with his beard.

What a night - WOW. Thanks
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

My head hurts! :smt030

What a game - what a night!

Both teams gave it their all!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Northenlad wrote:My head hurts! :smt030

What a game - what a night!

Both teams gave it their all!

Ditto
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

Northenlad wrote:My head hurts! :smt030
My head hurts (too much Guinness) and my throat is killing me - but boy was it worth it! The guys, to a man, were awesome! Well played fellas and well done to the crowd - we all helped make that atmosphere.

Just watching the re-run for the third time... :smt043