Thanks to all the new and younger players

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tim15

Thanks to all the new and younger players

Post by tim15 »

To Mr Allen, Staughton, Amorosino, 36, Green et al,

It's now approximately a third of the way through the season and all in all were doing okay.

Yes we'd all like to have thumped everyone and scored 4 tries a game and send them home with nowt, but that's wishful thinking.

The atmosphere has been second to none at Welford Road, new stand or no new stand and the players whom ever and where ever they've come from have responded well.

Players need to take risks as with risks bring rewards, if we want plodding around safety first approach well we all know this doesn't work from last season.

Sooooo get off their backs and support them, cos deep in all of your hearts and minds, you'd pull on jersey tomorrow and be out there with them giving it 100%.

You'd like 24,000 people chanting your name or encouraging you to play better!!!! wouldn't you?????. We all do things in our life's that don't work out but having a bit of praise goes down very well! Positive vibes go well!

Enjoy the rest (those that have played every game!) and come back refreshed for the next onslaught!
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Thanks to all the new and younger players

Post by Tyzot »

Definitely agree.

A ten try slaughter every week sounds perfect but to be honest what we want is entertainment. The magic flashes of genius. The late comebacks. The unexpected performances. Something to get the pulse racing.

This season we are starting to see these things. Amorosino against Saints. 36 against Ospreys. Hopefully new Aussie bloke against the Saffers on Friday night.

If (when) we win the HC this year I don’t want us to win 50 nil, I want us to win 30 – 29 with a last minute try or drop goal from a newbie via the academy*.

Question is – last couple of games have I had value for money – absolutely.

*failing that I’d settle for 50 nil.
Minty

Post by Minty »

after all they are the stars of the future :smt023

4th place with almost a 1st 15 out for half the season is better than the 2003 season when we had to call for super Jaco :smt003
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Tyzot wrote:Definitely agree.

If (when) we win the HC this year I don’t want us to win 50 nil, I want us to win 30 – 29 with a last minute try or drop goal from a newbie via the academy*.

*failing that I’d settle for 50 nil.
I'm glad about your star there. Don't think I'd be able to handle such a tense finish. You must be glutton for punishment.

I want Leinster in the final again and I want to win by more than 10 points :smt003