Castro and 12Trees

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Castro and 12Trees

Post by smalldell »

Cannot understand why 12Trees was not used today, he could have added another dimension.

As for Castro it gets more worrying every week!...He just does not seem tuned into the game at the moment and I fear he is already past his best. He looks unfit to me and he desparately needs to get sorted...
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Castro and 12Trees

Post by chinnjamie »

Castro was lucky not get pinged for going in at the side on a couple of different occasions too. I dont think hes past it though, just needs to get his head back on it.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Totally agree about Castro, he really is off the pace at the moment and is a shadow of his former self. Worringly his penalty count is high - he is always pinged for coming in from the side in just about every game he plays. Today I thought he was lucky to just get pinged once for that offence - I reckon on another day his count could have got to 3.

No sure why 12T was not used perhaps he is carrying an injury. To be far I am not sure he would have made no difference as the ball out to the centres was poor.
Last edited by bc on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Poor game from Castro today. But at least he has perfected his, "what, who, me ref?" look. Mainly from over use....
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Crane also seems to in poor form at the moment, he used to be the "go to" guy but at the moment he seems more likely to give away a penalty.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Totally agree about Crane. He got turned over far too much for a big guy and made several poor decisions. Youngs needed to come on earlier (after about 50 mins) and Billy on at 10 may have given us more attacking options.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes Castro is not the prop he was. The problem with Crane is the opposition know what he's going to do every time, easy to defend against.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

barson wrote:Yes Castro is not the prop he was. The problem with Crane is the opposition know what he's going to do every time, easy to defend against.
which rather begs the question, why? As he's demonstrated playing for the Saxons he can pass and offload so why are we persisting with using him as the all to obvious choice for trying to drive it forward?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

That I don't know, one for Cockers I think. Like you I can see the what but not the why.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Agree with Mr Ben about Crane; the way he is used is not only predictable, it stifles the game, and until our pack learn to keep up with the breaks and give support, we will give away penalties and fail to use our backs.

Saints will crucify us next week - anyone who watched their Munster game will have seen a pack on fire. (sorry about the mixed metaphors!)

We are bereft of tactical nouse - and I don't think Cockers has the all round experience to know what to change. The old style Tigers game won't win us anything this season, sorry to say.
Valhalla I am coming!
micahroni
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by micahroni »

normally i'd defend a coach for a team's poor performance since the coach can only do so much if his players sucked during a game...but why didnt you use 12t cockers?!?! :smt017
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Was all about tactics, Irish were much stronger outside so unless we got turn over ball we were always going to take it back to the forwards. In summary the guys are doing ok with what we have available at present. :smt023
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

part of the problem IMHO is that we appear to be playing a 23 man game with only 18 or 19 players at the moment.
Only the coaching staff know why certain subs weren't used but as has been mentioned previously we have come away from a certain top 4 side with a losing BP, meaning that we have picked something up from every game we have played so far this season, something that was not happening last.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Its pretty sad that our Coaching staff seem happy with a losing bonus point . Of course we have many injuries to our backline , but since we play with such a defensive mindset we might as well have 15 forwards on the pitch . If the coaches pick grindall , Staunton at half back instead of Youngs and Billy it is absolutely certain that there will be no attacking options against a team as good defensively as LI .
More worrying perhaps is our Pack - Internationals all except Blaze .They were definately 2nd best against irish in every respect one or 2 (Castro and Crane ) were very poor and their indiscipline cost us the game . Crane is dreadfully predictable and slow - surely we need someone with a bit more pace . Saints must be licking their lips - I've got the feeling we will have that silly tune ringing in our ears next week .
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I've one other thing to add on the Crane aspect, which is why don't we use the likes of Blaze and Deacon more as the ball carrier to take it to the oppo? The over reliance on Crane to do this makes us too predictable. Only when Ben Youngs came on did we try something different.