And the new Goode/Varndell is here!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

And the new Goode/Varndell is here!

Post by Darc Tiger »

I introduce... Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino!

Well a poor game from him and the forum hounds have been released. Could well see him mercilessly criticised every week he plays now. Ala Goodey and Varndell last year. One person stated he needs to be shot! :smt011

Poor lad. I hope he doesnt read this forum!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: And the new Goode/Varndell is here!

Post by tigerburnie »

With the pacesetters, at their place,us with an injury ravaged team,a point away isn't so far from what you would privately,seriously expect,is it?
No blame for anyone if you put in your tackles,don't concede a try to the "free scoring" Irish.
Well done lads,could have been worse,just need to gell a bit and maybe not try to force things.Go through the phases and give the new guys a chance to settle.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

He is frightened of contact and is a liability under the high ball.
You either have bottle or you dont.
It cannot be coached into you.
So unless this leopard changes his spots , he is always going to have detractors.
But if any Club is capable of really hardening him up, then he is at the right place......
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

He just looks inexperienced, it is a shame he has been thrown in because of injuries. A few games out of the spot-light would do him good.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Exactly. This guy has been thrown completely in the deep end. He has barely played a professional match in his life!

I think saying he deserves to be shot after a poor performance is more than very harsh!
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Darc Tiger wrote:Exactly. This guy has been thrown completely in the deep end. He has barely played a professional match in his life!

I think saying he deserves to be shot after a poor performance is more than very harsh!
I agree and have said as much on the other thread.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

No interest in conducting a forum based witch hunt, or berating someone for no reason, but objectively looking at his last 2 performances, he has played poorly. Today especially so but I didn't think he looked great last week either.

I cannot comment on skill or potential, and I hope he gets better in games to come. He's shown some good touches, finished off 2 good tries in his first 2 games, but his performance today wasn't great. He wasn't the only one.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Obviously he hasn’t had a great game, but at the end of the day like MOST people have recognised he’s been thrown in at the deep end!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Darc Tiger wrote:Exactly. This guy has been thrown completely in the deep end. He has barely played a professional match in his life!

Quite. By my arithmetic, this afternoon was his 3.5th first team match as a professional. He wasn't too shabby against Worcester (sub), Ospreys and Viadana either.

Give the guy a break.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

After his disasterous start he began to claim the high ball! OK he had a bit more time but he will learn. Hes in there cus we aint got no one else!
seldomrong

Post by seldomrong »

What I dont understand is with Lucas not having a good game (to say the least!) why not try and win the game by playing 36 for the last 20? :smt017
Tigers are in my blood
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well I for one could not understand why 36 warmed the bench all afternoon.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Not watched all of it but the bits I did watch were not that good from both sides. Give Lucas a break, he has not been at WR for 5 mins and already he is classed by some as a 'mistake'. IMO Cockers is going to pick his games as he sees best given the frailties of the backline and getting a LB point at an away game is always good to get. BPs will be important come the end of the season That was a pretty strong LI Team and to not concede a try was also well done. Losing JW will be a big loss against the Saints next weekend. The Saints could get lucky?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I don't think we should villify Lucas for one bad game but I have to say I was worried by what I saw today.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
micahroni
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by micahroni »

the kid has never played in this kind of a level before, i think he deserves some slack since cockers made him play 15 minutes after he got off the airplane (exaggerating)

can't get my head around why cockers decided to not use 12t tho