today ref

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

apps

today ref

Post by apps »

i reckon there should of been a few yellow card in the game as both sides where pinged for vast amount but what got me shouting at the telly was when we gotow can a pen then the wlesh git's throw away the ball & they never walk ten.

i know we got walked ten but unsure what it was for but my thinking it was for mouthing off.

the ref i think need to have another look or someone from the irb look at this game as there was a few times where a yellow card should of been use as a ref & coach i look up to these pro ref but how can we if they don't use the letter of the law. :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt070 :smt070
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: today ref

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

5 penalties in the first 16 minutes, three as technical offenses by the prop and no warning.

The only time Rayn jones was onside/not lying on the wrong side was when he knocked on on the hour.

Tigers scrum going forward at a rate of knots, back and second rows stand up, stand offside and the referee awards accidental offside when Cran picks up the ball and runs into someone - it was exactly the same again Worcester, back row participation is optional!

At half time I'd have taken your hand off offering 3 points but I can't help but feel agreived we didn't get 5
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

BBC says Julian gave away a penalty early on but nothing about the 3 penalties against the Osprey's loosehead within 15 minutes.

Scott Johnson:
"We controlled the scoreboard for large parts of the game but it came down to the fact we couldn't get quality ball to play off often enough. Without quick ball you can't play football."

When did Ospreys actually play? Their first try was well worked from an unforced error, and their second try was a walk in after a poor pass. With ball in ahnd going through the phases they only looked dangerous once, we looked impressive every time in the second half
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

jgriffin wrote:Had me reflink on -

Jules was murdering their front row and appeared to be detaching the prop from the hooker. Ref told Jules to keep it tight, continue to scrummage, and stop driving it loose (ie tearing prop apart). Next scrum in - ping! Jules is aggrieved!
Then Ospreys embark on diving, early engagement, butting and driving sideways, more pens against us! Jules, George and Marcos all even more aggrieved. But Jules doesn't smack anyone!
Awful reffing.

Nothing compared to the missed offsides, side entry, lying on the ball, hands, forward passes.....at one scrum Philips was 2m into our territory before the ball left the back - no pen. Also in 2nd half Hook prevented Scottie from taking a quick lineout by holding him - yet no pen. Awful reffing.

Despite Rolland - we nearly pinched it.
Wasn't just me that thought he was awful then?!
Posh Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Posh Tiger »

Thought ref had reasonable game today - what gets me is that theyget no assistance from touch judges
a) must see not straight at line outs
b) teams constantly offside
c) scrums dropping and no help given to ref who is on other side.
d) ball goes out of play wherever they stand - too lazy to move to where it does cross line
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

Posh Tiger wrote:Thought ref had reasonable game today - what gets me is that theyget no assistance from touch judges
a) must see not straight at line outs
b) teams constantly offside
c) scrums dropping and no help given to ref who is on other side.
d) ball goes out of play wherever they stand - too lazy to move to where it does cross line
He didn't need the help of the TJ to see the Ospreys scrum going backwards and turning and giving them the scrum for spinning the scrum around. Absolute rubbish. Admittedly, the TJ on the Crumbie side second half didn't seem to want to get involved at any point.
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Never been a fan of Rolland. Always hold my head when I see he's the ref in a game.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I think Rolland was trying to make C. White Esq. look good.

He failed but by a narrow margin.
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bill W (2) wrote:I think Rolland was trying to make C. White Esq. look good.

I'd have given it the other way by a narrow margin.

we need a third official, or TMO, to review both games side by side and numerate how many mistakes each referee made.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:I think Rolland was trying to make C. White Esq. look good.

I'd have given it the other way by a narrow margin.

we need a third official, or TMO, to review both games side by side and numerate how many mistakes each referee made.
We agree it was a narrow margin.

Referee assessors do attend each match. We are not privaleged to see their reports.
Still keeping the faith!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Since the standard of reffing appears to be declining and getting more inconsistent it doesn't seem the asessment system is working.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

What about the last move of the match!!!
We clearly had the ball but Roland blew for FT, unbelieveable, this guy misses the most of all the refs, when will he be dropped from refs panel?
Deacon had to be calmed down by cockers at the end I assume because of this incident.
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

barson wrote:Since the standard of reffing appears to be declining and getting more inconsistent it doesn't seem the asessment system is working.
Absolutely!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!