Shiny lights from the CAT stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tim15

Shiny lights from the CAT stand

Post by tim15 »

If the Demontfort Hall need alternative lights for their outdoor performances, then they should come to Welford Road as long they expect them to illuminate the terrace and Crumbie stand, becuase they aren't trained on the pitch, how much longer do the season ticket holders have to come with caps and dark glasses on to have the full beam treatment!!!!! :smt013

I think that a quick trip to the Hire Shop for a cherry picker and then get it sorted, it's easy-isn't it or can we loyal fans expect a rebate-yeah thought not! :smt009
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
willstarr
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Shiny lights from the CAT stand

Post by willstarr »

What do you expect when people are standing about a metre away from the pitch? The whole pitch needs to be equally lit up, so there's really not a lot to be done...
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

have you checked the flood programme for light spillage? it takes time to adjust so everyones happy. send your seat number in say what you feel!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Birth of Mary 7:2

Now at this time of her first coming into Galilee, the angel Gabriel was sent to her from God to declare to her the conception of our Savior and the manner and way of her conceiving him. Accordingly going to her, he filled the Crumbie where she was with a prodigious light from the Cat Stand.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

We stand on the terrace on the 22. I noticed that between the Munster game and last Saturday, the lights had been lowered considerably and were no longer straight into our eyes. Wearing glasses does, of course, complicate things for me (particularly when it rains!) but I know the lights have been re-adjusted a couple of times.

Perhaps the OP would like to address specific concerns either to Charles Rayner direct via the club, or in the Stadium Redevelopment thread which Charles checks out regularly.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

tim15 wrote:If the Demontfort Hall need alternative lights for their outdoor performances, then they should come to Welford Road as long they expect them to illuminate the terrace and Crumbie stand, becuase they aren't trained on the pitch, how much longer do the season ticket holders have to come with caps and dark glasses on to have the full beam treatment!!!!! :smt013

I think that a quick trip to the Hire Shop for a cherry picker and then get it sorted, it's easy-isn't it or can we loyal fans expect a rebate-yeah thought not! :smt009
This was raised with me during the match and I passed it on to Jack Russell at the end of the game, he said he would raise it with the powers to be.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tim15 wrote: how much longer do the season ticket holders have to come with caps and dark glasses on to have the full beam treatment!!!!! :smt013
Do the lights not also shine in the eyes of the other ticket holders (i.e non ST holders) too then? :smt005 :smt002

Although, I'm a ST holder on the crumbie and I agree with the sentiment.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tim15:
If the Demontfort Hall need alternative lights for their outdoor performances, then they should come to Welford Road as long they expect them to illuminate the terrace and Crumbie stand, because they aren't trained on the pitch, how much longer do the season ticket holders have to come with caps and dark glasses on to have the full beam treatment!!!!!
I think that a quick trip to the Hire Shop for a cherry picker and then get it sorted, it's easy-isn't it or can we loyal fans expect a rebate-yeah thought not!

Response from Charles Rayner:
We have advised Galliford Try again this morning that they need to realign the Cat Stand floodlights.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MUNDEANY

Post by MUNDEANY »

We find the lights very bright (in crumbie). Although I suppose you get used to them, its like driving and meeting those "blue glow"high visibility headlights in expensive cars(alas not ours) which are offensive. However they do the job well so I suppose we will put up with it.

Mundeany
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am delighted to report that from the very back of the Crumbie Stand I am not aware of the flood lights (other than illuminating the pitch) even when sitting down.

One of the pillars holding the edifice up does cause me annoyance at times though!
Still keeping the faith!