Leicester Tigers 1st XV

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JWL

Leicester Tigers 1st XV

Post by JWL »

Assuming we had a fully fit squad of players and taking into account the form of those who have been playing, what would be our starting XV for the Ospreys. I have had a go.

15. G. Murphy
14. S. Hamilton
13. D. Hipkiss
12. A. Mauger
11. A. Tualagi
10. T. Flood
9. H. Ellis
8. J. Crane
7. L. Moody
6. C. Newby
5. L. Deacon
4. T. Croft
3. M. Castro
2. G. Chuter
1. M. Ayerza

Tough call at half backs and Vesty and Youngs definately on bench. Croft in second row to fit Newby in and to encourage him so stay off the wing. Hard on Woods who would also be on bench along with Mefin, Amorosino, White, Kay and Cole.

Just my opinion but wouldn't it be great to have a fit squad like that every week!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 1st XV

Post by TigerCam »

Geordan Has a dislocated shoulder so won't be available until the new year
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

BJ. wrote:
TigerCam wrote:Geordan Has a dislocated shoulder so won't be available until the new year
Re-read the opening line of JWL's post. He/she is fantasisng about us having a fully fit squad.
Time to live in the real world then I guess?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JWL

Post by JWL »

I agree that it is pure fantasy and apologies for not living in the real world. I was just interested in what people thought might be the strongest line up for a full strength Tigers squad.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

For me its:

Ayerza
Chuter
White
Deacon
Kay
Croft
Moody
Crane
Ellis
Flood
Tuilagi
Mauger
Hipkiss
Hamilton
G.Murphy

Bit harsh on a few players, but this for me is my best XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I don't mind these threads,but this is not based on any recent form,some players mentioned haven't played this year , so the speculation that they will be the best we have on the books, may not be accurate.
There also is the thought of, "type of opposition",surely to get the best from our squad we would put out a different team, for example in the opening fixture in this years Heineken than we did against Wuss yesterday.
I await a predicted team for next weekend,so no Flood,Tuillagi or Geordie unfortuanely.
I'd start with Julian in the front row for the first half for a start, to set up a solid platform and I prefer Hamilton on the wing.So Amorosino at full back,Louis would be in the side , but not as captain,he's too quiet.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.