Chris White

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris White

Post by Tyzot »

Was that not one of the most inept, one eyed performances from a ref at Welford Road in many a year.

Have to say that Cockers was dead right in taking him to task after the final whistle. Those of you with Reflink will have heard him say "Terrible" and "you ruined that game". It was interesting that Chris White said they could discuss it inside later, but it seemed Cockers was happy to discuss his performance then and there. Personally I was looking forward to hearing more!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Chris White

Post by Darc Tiger »

Well said Cockers! :smt038
Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timbo15 »

Its not often that I post about a referee but Chris Whites performance was appalling today. The stark difference in quality between the games this week and last week is imho down to the quality of refereeing, with the ref last week going into the game wanting a free flowing game and the ref this week wanting to do all he could to make the play slow and disjointed as well as being completely inconsistent.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tyzot wrote:Was that not one of the most inept, one eyed performances from a ref at Welford Road in many a year.

Have to say that Cockers was dead right in taking him to task after the final whistle. Those of you with Reflink will have heard him say "Terrible" and "you ruined that game". It was interesting that Chris White said they could discuss it inside later, but it seemed Cockers was happy to discuss his performance then and there. Personally I was looking forward to hearing more!
With Chris White knowing that he was on Ref!Link it was an acceptable response.

Refs are quite happy to talk to coaches and staff after the game and Chris White is no different.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt006 :smt006

Just read this on the BBC website where Cockerill had concerns about Chris White today while Mike Ruddock thought he had a superb game. Discuss.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb ... 278440.stm
Philip J Gray
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Trouble now is we are going to get all sorts of :censored: from him for the rest of the season.If he didn't like us before this , he sure as hell won't give us the draw,even if we do knock our opponent out(old boxing parlance)now.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TheweEVIL
Tiger Cub

Post by TheweEVIL »

From here on in known as Chris BLACK
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

A very poor performance from C. White Esq.,

As always almost every scrum reset and totally inconsitant refereeing of the breakdown.

Thought Lewis was wonderful when he demonstrated how he was not off his feet and dealt with Wuss blocking by smashing their #7 to the floor.

I am sure Chris has many talents. Refereeing is not one of them.
Still keeping the faith!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

his playing of the advantage seemed very inconsistent too. very confusing.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Bill W (2) wrote:Thought Lewis was wonderful when he demonstrated how he was not off his feet and dealt with Wuss blocking by smashing their #7 to the floor.
Without wishing to go as far as to say "to be fair to Mr. White".... when Lewis "demonstrated" to Mr White how he was still on his feet, it did occur to us that he was penalised for handling as if Mr White had called "Ruck" whether you are on your feet or not is irrelevant. Also you must be supporting your body weight not just "leaning " on the bodies of others.

And as regards the blocking, Worcester are not the first side to recognise that Lewis is brilliant at chasing kick offs and if the referee on the day lets them get away with it they will keep on doing it! I think that Mr. White was wrong to let them get away with it but he's certainly not the first ref to do so! and I'm sure Tigers players are told to "play the ref" as well and see what they can get away with.

Let's not be the "one-eyed bigots" that Dewi Morris said we were on the Rugby Club a couple of weeks ago!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Stu_F wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Thought Lewis was wonderful when he demonstrated how he was not off his feet and dealt with Wuss blocking by smashing their #7 to the floor.
Without wishing to go as far as to say "to be fair to Mr. White".... when Lewis "demonstrated" to Mr White how he was still on his feet, it did occur to us that he was penalised for handling as if Mr White had called "Ruck" whether you are on your feet or not is irrelevant. Also you must be supporting your body weight not just "leaning " on the bodies of others.

And as regards the blocking, Worcester are not the first side to recognise that Lewis is brilliant at chasing kick offs and if the referee on the day lets them get away with it they will keep on doing it! I think that Mr. White was wrong to let them get away with it but he's certainly not the first ref to do so! and I'm sure Tigers players are told to "play the ref" as well and see what they can get away with.

Let's not be the "one-eyed bigots" that Dewi Morris said we were on the Rugby Club a couple of weeks ago!
Both of these instances illustrate C. White Esq.'s incompetence.

the latest IRB utterences say that a man on his feet may compete for the ball - at the time there was no Worcester player on his feet (they throughout the game dived over the top with impunity) So even if White called "Ruck formed" he was wrong to do so - Lewis was the only man on his feet competing for the ball so the offence had to be a penalty to Leicester for not releasing.

Worcs were running blocking players not just on KO's but throught the match. White did not blow one of them
Still keeping the faith!
Karlm

Post by Karlm »

Whilst slating Mr White, did anybody on the Crumbie side see Wuss's flanker pull the ball back in the scrum????. The linesman on our side didn't :smt017 . Even though it was pointed out by most of the Tiger players on the Crumbie side along with all the fans on the terrace around me (22 line clubhouse end). some wonderfull comments about guide dogs needed, white sticks, you can wave your flag, not just against us!!!
Not the best game by our officials today :smt011
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

jgriffin wrote:He was also possibly correct about Moody being off and on his feet while playing the ball as Lewis had to let go when off his feet then re-engage once on his feet.
My understanding of that rule is as long as you get back to your feet, as first person there you are allowed to fight for the ball. New rule, good rule too bad Chris White doesn't like it.
redtiger wrote:his playing of the advantage seemed very inconsistent too. very confusing.
Are you talking about the time when we knocked on so they kicked the ball down the pitch (advantage over) ball bounced (rules pre ELVs states thats advantage over) Scott caught the ball, passed to Johne I think it was and Whie blew for the knock on. That is, unfortunatly, being completely biased. You just can't do it.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TTRITH wrote:
jgriffin wrote:He was also possibly correct about Moody being off and on his feet while playing the ball as Lewis had to let go when off his feet then re-engage once on his feet.
My understanding of that rule is as long as you get back to your feet, as first person there you are allowed to fight for the ball. New rule, good rule too bad Chris White doesn't like it.
You can't compete until you're back on your feet. Moody was, AFAIK, penalised for competing before and during the process of him getting on his feet. This is often split-second stuff, but if that's how he saw it then Chris White was right to penalise Moody.