Let's be positive

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiganTiger

Let's be positive

Post by WiganTiger »

Last year we got no points at Sale, four points at home to Newcastle, 2 points at Harlequins and one point at Bath. And finished top.

So far this year we have one point at Sale, four at home to Newcastle, four at Harlequins and two at Bath.

So what's the problem?
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Let's be positive

Post by Bill W (2) »

WiganTiger wrote:Last year we got no points at Sale, four points at home to Newcastle, 2 points at Harlequins and one point at Bath. And finished top.

So far this year we have one point at Sale, four at home to Newcastle, four at Harlequins and two at Bath.

So what's the problem?
I do not have a problem.

I KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

I know you don't have any problems Bill, there just seems to be a lot of moaning at the moment. Don't forget we have now played over a quarter of our away games as well.
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Such is the salary cap, it is very unlikely that there will be any runaway leaders in the GP. Therefore Tigers points haul from 1 home game and 3 away is very decent indeed.

I always felt we would finish top of the GP and as a betting man, I now think we probably will.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

A great display so far and a wonderful game yesterday, really enjoyed it, classic Tigers Bath game.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I note in report on sky,there's talk of Little spearing Allen in a tackle,was this as bad as they are trying to make out?Meehan is quoted as saying that he thought Little should have been binned,are we likely to be reporting this to the citation crew?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

If we want to be really positive we might recall that the last time we drew 20-20 at Bath we went on to win the League..... and the last time Nicky Little got a late kick to draw a match against us we went on to win the League AND the Heineken Cup!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

tigerburnie wrote:I note in report on sky,there's talk of Little spearing Allen in a tackle,was this as bad as they are trying to make out?Meehan is quoted as saying that he thought Little should have been binned,are we likely to be reporting this to the citation crew?
It was Allen who speared Little rather than the other way round. The ref handled it pretty well, i don't think anything will come of it. He put him down safely rather than stuffing him into the ground.

So queue citing commision and an 8 week ban for Allen. (I know i'm a cynic)
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Mr. Grumpy

Post by Mr. Grumpy »

Once Little was up in the air there wasn’t much Allen could do with him other than spearing him into the ground. And Nigel Owens got it spot on in my opinion. However as Hull Fan suggests, that does not always stop the citing officer spotting something unapparent to mere mortals with his bionic eye.

As an aside, I thought Owens was pretty good all round. I had to smirk at Stuart Barnes asking Ieuan Evans for his special comments on Owen’s display on the basis that they are both Welsh.

Not everything is coming off at the moment, but all in all I think we have grounds for optimism for how the season will progress.
A man does not always need to wear a red nose to be considered a clown
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Quote from Sky Sports :
"Asked about the 'spear tackle' which earned Little one of his five penalties but which did not merit any further sanction against Leicester's Anthony Allen, Meehan said: "I thought it was certainly an automatic yellow card.

"At the beginning of the season they were talking of it being a straight red for that offence."
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BT
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BT »

I seem to remember Alex getting a ban for the same as Little did. Tackle off the ball without the arms. Meeham better not say to much?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Having seen it on the tv,it didn't look deliberate and the guy didn't seem much fussed when he took the penalty.....but we do seem to attract.....
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Problem? What problem?

We havn't even got a crisis! :smt023
Tigers - true Champions!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jack wrote:Problem? What problem?

We havn't even got a crisis! :smt023

Quite so - we are basking in glory - not that there is room for complacency!!

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

WiganTiger wrote:I know you don't have any problems Bill, there just seems to be a lot of moaning at the moment. Don't forget we have now played over a quarter of our away games as well.

thats standard for this forum.... majority only can comment on the bad.. certain poster nover pop up until we lose and bemoan the loss and that all is not well and we are going to be relegated because we are rubbish...
blahblah
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal