Crumbie PA System poor?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Crumbie PA System poor?

Post by Ads677 »

Not sure if this topic is elsewhere, but on Saturday on the Crumbie Terrace on the 10m line (Clubhouse end) the PA system was almost inaudible - anyone else notice? And it wasn't just because it kept dropping out at half-time or that there was too much noise! We had this problem a year or two ago and it got fixed, so rather disappointed to see a recurrence.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Crumbie PA System poor?

Post by Richard »

Ads677 wrote:Not sure if this topic is elsewhere, but on Saturday on the Crumbie Terrace on the 10m line (Clubhouse end) the PA system was almost inaudible - anyone else notice? And it wasn't just because it kept dropping out at half-time or that there was too much noise! We had this problem a year or two ago and it got fixed, so rather disappointed to see a recurrence.
I too thought the PA system was poor on Saturday. Mind you whether it was just one speaker not working as I seem to be in the same area as you of the Crumbie but in the stand
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

I stand just behind the Tigers' dugout and could hardly hear what was being said. Could only tell when daggers came on to the pitch so I could lip read.
Mafi is my man.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

We must stand next to you lis113! Couldn't hear either!
Valhalla I am coming!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

No, Richard, I don't think it was just one speaker - I was on the Terrace on the 10m line at the A&L Santander etc. end, and it was the same there - couldn't hear anything clearly - including the half-time clown (probably a small blessing).
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

We also commented how poor the sound was. We are in the Crumbie in Block M
Please can Tigers do something about this ASAP :smt022
Pip
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

absolutely awful ..(middle of terrace ) ... it has never been good but now totally inaudible

given the antics of the silly man with the free guiness this may ba a blessing but the noise is very irritating and when it comes to what folks have been dooing for charity etc. it might be nice to know
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

The problem with the sound might have something to do with the new stand and the way it PA system fits in with the rest of the ground.We might have been getting some of the sound from that side of the ground which we are not now.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Because of the above replies, I have e-mailed Jack Russell at Tigers who is responsible for the stadium. Hopefully he will be able to sort it all out - we'll see at the Worcester game I suppose.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Received the following reply from Jack Russell:

"As you will be aware we have a new stand this has allowed us to install a complete new PA system, but not the speakers in the old part of the ground, I have asked the PA company to put the system on full test one evening, and by the next game it should be a lot better."

Fingers crossed!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

It was always poor, on Saturday it was worse then useless as it was annoying. Hopefully it'll get sorted.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

On the brighter side, after many years of putting up with something akin to a muffled vacuum cleaner that old British Rail announcers would have been proud of, the inhabitants of the Caterpillar stand were astonished to hear a crystal clear PA on Saturday.
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

By crystal clear, do you mean you could understand what was being said?
If so, bring a torch, flags etc and morse and semaphore to us in the Crumbie.
Saturday was the worst ever. And I've been going to Welford Road for nigh on 40 years!
nursy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by nursy »

surley it a blessing not to hear anything at half time! same old tripe week in week out. :smt015