An IDIOT of a steward

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

known as eric at work
Top Cat
Top Cat

An IDIOT of a steward

Post by known as eric at work »

The steward who decided that him leaning against a bannister, rather than my eldest, who has Cerebal Palsy, could use it, and decided that it was beyond his remit to move, with a tut and contempt wants a severe reprimand
Cheers, thanks for the help, not!!!
A person who has problem walking, uses bannisters as a guide, not something to lean against. New stand, new standards, wonderful.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: An IDIOT of a steward

Post by kingol22 »

i found most of the stewards quite helpful so i hope you have complained to the club its awful behavior and has no place at tigers.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Stewards are a useless bunch at the best of times.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

No doubt the excuses from above will be down to teething problems. :smt018

When I say above I mean from the board of directors. ( not the posters on the forum)
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Tiger Eye wrote:Stewards are a useless bunch at the best of times.
Not that anyone would be guilty of making sweeping generalisations....
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Yes, but you can forgive a sweeping generalisation when it comes with a term of abuse as good as :censored:. :smt023

On a slight tangent, I've never really had cause to compalin about a steward (and actually they were pretty helpful all round today, as I was one of those with "corrupt" tickets that needed reprinting, and they were good about instructions etc. (and the folks in the ticket office were efficiency itself)). But if you do get a bad 'un and it calls for a report, are they identifiable - do they have numbered badges or anything?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Having run match days for another sport many years ago, I take the view that most stewards are your average Joe just trying to be helpful in their own amateur way. I have very rarely needed their services, and hardly ever come across one who merits criticism. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Sweeping statements that every single one of them is a :censored: say more about the poster than it does about stewards.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I have edited a number of posts (some quoting a previous post) as they contained an expression which is not acceptable on this forum. If anyone wishes to query this, feel free to send me a PM.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

known as eric at work wrote:The steward who decided that him leaning against a bannister, rather than my eldest, who has Cerebal Palsy, could use it, and decided that it was beyond his remit to move, with a tut and contempt wants a severe reprimand
A person who has problem walking, uses bannisters as a guide, not something to lean against. New stand, new standards, wonderful.
He does indeed. Did you take issue with him at the time? Did you ask him to summon his supervisor?

Why not e-mail the club, with details of where and when this took place? I am sure they will investigate.

However, I have to say that rather like a poor meal in a restaurant the time to make a fuss is immediately, not some time after you have left.

If you want advice as to who to e-mail do PM me.
Still keeping the faith!
billybudd
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by billybudd »

I too have suffered at the hands of the stewards, being threatend with ejection by some teenage moron.
Not only did I complain, I offered to help improve the situation by by providing some training FOC, something I never do.
Result, NOTHING from the club or its officials. I usually think great on the pitch rubbish off it, but after this weekend, I think the malaise is spreading
chezbob
Tiger Cub

Post by chezbob »

i have always found the stewards helpful, alert to situations and first rate. any issues should be reported to a supervisor immediately!!! that is why they are there, to wait until the day after wont have the same effect.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The job of the stewards is to stop me from going to my seat by thrusting out their hands and saying "where are you going?"

I generally reply that "I am going to the seat like what I have hoccupied for hay very long time, sir"

Nevertheless, the steward will study my ticket and say: "go that way sir".

To which I am obliged to reply: "Yea verily sir, if I go that way, then many people will need to stand up, and will have to removeth their tartan rug and may spilleth their Bovril, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. So, I sayeth unto thee, ye steward, that I should take them there other steps, and then few will be the punters that I shall disturb."

And ye steward will look quizzically unto me as I tread the path I have recommended, and arrive at my seat with not much fuss at all.

Yet the steward will still accost the next person, who has been coming to the ground since Noah was a lad, and say: "Where are you going?"
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:The job of the stewards is to stop me from going to my seat by thrusting out their hands and saying "where are you going?"

I generally reply that "I am going to the seat like what I have hoccupied for hay very long time, sir"

Nevertheless, the steward will study my ticket and say: "go that way sir".

To which I am obliged to reply: "Yea verily sir, if I go that way, then many people will need to stand up, and will have to removeth their tartan rug and may spilleth their Bovril, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. So, I sayeth unto thee, ye steward, that I should take them there other steps, and then few will be the punters that I shall disturb."

And ye steward will look quizzically unto me as I tread the path I have recommended, and arrive at my seat with not much fuss at all.

Yet the steward will still accost the next person, who has been coming to the ground since Noah was a lad, and say: "Where are you going?"
Must be where you sit in the ground Kinny. The Stewards in my bit smile and say "hello again!" I have never once been asked to show my season ticket.
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Bill W (2) wrote:
known as eric at work wrote:The steward who decided that him leaning against a bannister, rather than my eldest, who has Cerebal Palsy, could use it, and decided that it was beyond his remit to move, with a tut and contempt wants a severe reprimand
He does indeed. Did you take issue with him at the time? Did you ask him to summon his supervisor?

Why not e-mail the club, with details of where and when this took place? I am sure they will investigate.

However, I have to say that rather like a poor meal in a restaurant the time to make a fuss is immediately, not some time after you have left.

If you want advice as to who to e-mail do PM me.
I did take the liberty of bring this instance of poor performance, with others, to the attention of Tigers Management. I have received a reply which was very much not "fobbinbg me off" with excuses but most constructive.
Still keeping the faith!
Surfing Tigress

Post by Surfing Tigress »

I'm sorry to hear that problems have been had with stewards. I have had nothing but smiles and help when I've needed it from Welford Road. In development matches they have been good to me too.
I do permanently look lost, maybe that helps?! :smt002
o
o
<(((>{