Open Day - Comments please?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Open Day - Comments please?

Post by Tigerbeat »

Did anyone on the forum go down to the Open day?
Unfortunately, I was unable to make it.

Please post your comments on what you thought of the New Stand, Walk of Legends, Inside of the New Stand and also the programme put on by Tigers.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kiwicat

Re: Open Day - Comments please?

Post by kiwicat »

Tigerbeat wrote:Did anyone on the forum go down to the Open day?
Unfortunately, I was unable to make it.

Please post your comments on what you thought of the New Stand, Walk of Legends, Inside of the New Stand and also the programme put on by Tigers.

:smt023
The new stand-magnificent
Walk of legends-very good and will look even better when frontage is cleared of contractors plant etc
Inside of new stand-a bit raw but only to be expected. I am sure there will be plans for interior decoration
Programme of events-FASHION SHOW WAS HILARIOUS-expect to see CASTRO on Milan catwalks any day soon
One comment (not criticism)- the tarmac pavement at the Welford Road end of new stand is in a shocking state-I assume this has already been noted and scheduled for repair
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Yeah, was down there for about 3 hours. Really enjoyed it, was great to have a look round the new stand, esp the areas i normally wouldnt get to see (club 1880).

Was also great to see almost the whole first team wondering round and was good to meet and chat to some of the new guys!

Only thing that could have been better was the weather!!

Good show tigers!!
Welford Tigress

Post by Welford Tigress »

We went to the open day this morning. We were all very impressed with the new stand, tried our seats out, lots of leg room, good view.
We ordered replica bricks from the walk of legends but bizarrely they seem to have placed them in the walk too, so hubby will be in touch to sort it out.
Had lots of photos taken with the players ( what lovely lads they are.)
Highlight of the day for me was seeing Julian White having a picture taken holding a very tiny little girl. Bless!
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
Owly tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Owly tiger »

Went along, had a great time. The stand is even bigger close up. Met most of the players and they had pics taken with our little boy (though being 5 months old, he slept for most of it). Castro was a star and my other half was very taken with him! Seemed to be a lot going on, but we were content to wander around!
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

I went to the open day expecting to be about an hour or so 3 hours later I was still there.

New Stand fantastic, I think the view from most of the seats will be great (not sure from how far back as it wa a bit high for me :smt001 ). I understand comments made by people who will be sitting in the front rows not under cover from the weather.
It is probaly the modern way plenty of room where the bar areas were just like the crisp bowl, there seemed to be plenty of bars and bar staff, did not see any food places but I am sure they will be.

As has been previous said most of the players were around for signing and having pics taken. Also they did not stay in one place they were all siging in different parts of the ground and inside the new stand and seemed to move a round which was good.

There was a massive queue waiting to see Toby Flood when I passed him.

Visited the changing rooms after a bit of a wait, but was worth it, surprised me how old fashioned it is and get a few secrets about what goes on in the changing room.

There was a barbcuee, heard some one ask how much a burger was they said £3.50 a bit steep I thought but I never buy food from those places so maybe it was only me.

There seemed to be things for the little kids to do and face painting.

Fashion Show was great George Shutuer is known for his humour(he was the compare at the fashion show) he did not disappoint.
The guys were modeling the shirts and tops that were available, there was also some children and young girls helping out they did well. Castro came on to the catwalk eating a burger that was so funny.
Tom Croft should have been a model but Geroge said he was not well get well soon Tom.

Walk of legends great will be a nice welcome as you go into reception when all is cleaned and tidyed up.
After looking for my brick for ages, found it in the same block as Rory Underwood so I happy happy and the whole walk og legends looks great.

Weather was good at times the wind blew a bit but it was dry so no complaints there.

All in all a great day out

Well done to all at Tiger's who were responsible for the day.

A great big thanks to all the player for signing and having there pics taken, all the players seemed to be enjoying themselves and the kids were really enjoying themselves and probally a few parents.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

The open day was great. A big thankyou to all at Tigers involved with the day. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

My little one, Eloise (14 Months) took a particular shine to Johnne Murphy who spent a few minutes playing with her. Mrs Tigerfeet :smt007 was happy to give up her place in the queue for a massage for Harry Ellis and Jurdan Crane, especially when Jordan and Brett Deacon tried to strip Harry as he lay on the table.
For me, a chance to update my Facebook pic. Should it be Julian or Castro? Pehaps I'll keep swapping it around. :smt045

One thing I did note and point out. On the new stand the turnstiles indicated on my ticket are wrong. :smt017 I was told it has been spotted and the turnstiles would be re-numbered. I hope so or it will be chaos next week.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Had a great day, fashion shows were a blast as always. Was Crofty suffering from 20 pints? A suggestion for next year maybe to have the new boys doing the show?
Stand looks good, if a little high for those who don't like heights... can't wait for the SA game..

Drink was too pricey, £1.90 for a bottle of fanta.
Q&A session looks like it could be a nice addition, we enjoyed it maybe next year open it to the floor at the end?

All in all looking good.

Rich
cheers
Rich
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We were there today and really enjoyed it. JW seemed to be having fun in the bouncy castle area and Ben Herring's beard is getting longer all the time ! Great to see so many of the players around and they seemed genuinely pleased that we had taken the time to come down, say hello and get some pictures etc Missed Crane, Croft and Murphy (G)...I guess that were getting ready for the fashion show...no Harry either..must have missed him as well.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

The walk of legends was good but why had Deanos brick only got two other bricks around him?? Is this a deliberate ploy to nail him even more? :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WiggoTiger wrote:The walk of legends was good but why had Deanos brick only got two other bricks around him?? Is this a deliberate ploy to nail him even more? :smt017
I feel sure BJ asked this question earlier but his post vanished!
Still keeping the faith!
cheasytiger
Tiger Cub

THANK YOU TIGERS

Post by cheasytiger »

We have visited welford road for the open day and would like to send mine and my families thanks to all the players and staff at the club,we had a great day out and my kids can now understand why the tigers are dear to the heart,
both the wife and the kids had a zietgiest moment and i`m pleased to say they now have the passion. THANKS to all those we met, and we look forward to visiting again soon. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
CHEASYTIGER
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

the pitch looks wonderful as well. almost as good as my lawn but strangely lacking the daisies, clover and dandelions which adorn mine.

Castro was ace - such a nice man. Morcos A seemed really shy and absolutely lovely. and as for Jordan Crane - wow! my colleagues at work will be jealous.

they were all so patient as well and even said thank you to us for asking for their autographs.

great day - hope the club repeats it next season
cooperman
Tiger Cub

Post by cooperman »

I went to the open day and was somewhat disapointed with the new stand.
Firstly the Bar on the ground floor could be more inviting in fact it was just like the crisp bowl surely we are better than that it was just like drinking in a concrete tunnell and the prices charged for a glass full of chemical muck were over the top.
There was also alot of signs which were completly in the wrong place which was very confusing this coupled with no one who knew the correct answers to any questions was not very satisfactory.
Another thing which was very evident is that is NOT finished there is alot of work to be done before next weeks fixture.
Were we in the Catipillar Stand ???????if I worked for Catipillar I would be straight on the phone asking were's our name,surely you put our name up just for the day.
Also it would have been good to have the food outlets open in the new stand so we can see what we might expect in the future.
Well done to the players who made themselves available and didn't mind how many babies they had to pick up...and also to TigerMan who made a whole lot of young kids day.
But a message is "Don't pack yourself on the back too hard" it could have been better
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

A great day out, & a big thank you for all the organisation that must have been involved to make things run as smoothly as they did. The players were fantastic, great sense of humour displayed by so many of them which was great to see.

I'm not too sure about the new stand though & I'm quite relieved that we are still in the Crumbie (which reminds me I must get one of those cushions). I think that there are going to be a few issues with regard to people getting to and from their seats, the number of times that we saw people walking up from pitchside only to find out that if they wanted to get further than a third of the way up they would have to divert all the way along a row of seats and then climb over to get higher up to where their seats were located was unbelievable. Internally things looked a bit new & sterile & it was hard to find the stairs to get between levels (almost as if they had forgotten that stairs might be necessary). If we were sitting in the non-corporate sections I think we would be feeling distinctly second class & unloved. The standard of finishing suggests that there will need to be a huge amount of snagging to get everything finished to a satisfactory standard by the final handover date. For instance the seals on the curtain walling looked as if they had been completed with off-cuts instead of single lengths. Areas of painting still to be completed, carpet to be stuck down in the corporate area (revolting pattern, is it temporary, why not Tiger heads as other areas?).

Other than that, Jolly Good Show! :smt041 :smt041 :smt023