Sell out for Newcastle game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Sell out for Newcastle game?

Post by Kinoulton »

Well I think after the years of debate about moving / improving / sharing, I am delighted with the outcome.

We've got the best ground anywhere in the UK which is devoted to club rugby (i.e. not footie or internationals) and it's going to be nigh on full for what is effectively a run-of-the-mill league game.

I can't be there and I'm hugely jealous of those that will.

It's going to be a very special occassion.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Kinoulton wrote:Well I think after the years of debate about moving / improving / sharing, I am delighted with the outcome.

We've got the best ground anywhere in the UK which is devoted to club rugby (i.e. not footie or internationals) and it's going to be nigh on full for what is effectively a run-of-the-mill league game.

I can't be there and I'm hugely jealous of those that will.

It's going to be a very special occassion.
Spot on Kinny, I didn't think we would fill the ground for a clash with Newcastle so it is all positive for me and 6000+ new supporters are also a huge positive.If we fill the stadium it will be a 35%+ increase. Stunning and fantastic marketing.

I will be there despite the 'free on sky' offer and rediculous KO time
Always a Tiger
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

We have to bear in mind Bleddyn's "occasional" problems with saying the right thing. It may well be that, considering it's only just been reported that sales have topped 20,000, he probably meant to say there are 4 THOUSAND tickets left! :smt002 :smt002
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

parkerd68 wrote:We have to bear in mind Bleddyn's "occasional" problems with saying the right thing. It may well be that, considering it's only just been reported that sales have topped 20,000, he probably meant to say there are 4 THOUSAND tickets left! :smt002 :smt002
True, or if his discussion of ticket sales is as delayed and tardy as his general commentating, then it's quite possible he could still be talking about our HEC match from last season against Bath!
rugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by rugger »

Over 20,000 Tigers fans (assuming very few Geordies) in Welford Road is excellent work for the beginning of the season - not an auspicious beginning either !.

Lets not forget that even with ticket offers, BOGOF, money back etc.... these extra people will also be in the shop buying merchandise, eating food, drinking beer. This all adds up in the great scheme of things.

I sat in my new seat yesterday with my 4 year old who is now desperate to come next week, not sure his mum will be too chuffed is she is sat at home.

Incidentally, does anyone know the rules off the top of their head re kids sitting on laps - 4 years old can he come with us or would we need to have bought him a seat - not that we could of as we already have season tickets and when we renewed them he only liked that round ball rubbish. Anyway just in case, I have tried to find out about this Sky Free thingy showing the game - can anyone point me in the right direction (in case his mum has to stay at home !)
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

I an told Radio Leicester have reported this morning the game on Saturday is a Sell Out
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Close to a sell out anyway - just rang the ticket office and all thats left are standing tickets and individual seats.

Still, I'll be there and that's all that matters.
Blimey...
shoppers
Tiger Cub

Post by shoppers »

The truly great thing about an increased capacity is that it will now make matchdays more accessible to those of us for whom a season ticket is not a viable option.

I don't believe the extra 6 or 7,000 extra supporters are 'new' fans merely existing supporters who have previously been unable to obtain tickets for any game other than the Anglo Welsh nonsense.

The chances are, we can now pick and choose games as there are likely to be tickets available for every match. I don't know my weekend plans until days before a game so a season ticket is a non-starter...whereas now I can (hopefully) decide 48 hours beforehand and still get a ticket.

What will be interesting is the possibility of some existing season ticket holders not renewing as the credit crunch continues to hit and people realise they can pick and choose their games. No one is 'forced' to buy a season ticket anymore to guarantee entry.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

There are still individual seats available.

Cos I just bought one! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:There are still individual seats available.

Bet it is behind a pillar!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
kricher192

Post by kricher192 »

In the new stand I doubt lolz......

Darn i just showed that im 14 lolz.......

Dam :smt003 .........
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Kinoulton wrote:There are still individual seats available.

Bet it is behind a pillar!

:smt003
Nah. It's a familiar seat in the A&L. It has an oxtail soup stain on the back and a bit of tartan material caught in the seat hinge. Happy days.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Could be one of hundreds from that description!
Still keeping the faith!
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

I'm afraid it will be a sell out minus 1 (at least), for the first time in a number of seasons Ive got to miss the first match - I'm helping my daughter to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks that weekend :smt012
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Good luck to your daughter scouse tiger!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!