Under 10s get in free - what about ST holders?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Under 10s get in free - what about ST holders?

Post by Tyzot »

Just out of interest, how does this work for ST holders. If I want to bring a 6 year old, where would they sit?

Someone I know called the ticket office and they really didn't understand the issue. Clearly the child can't sit on their own.

Or is this yet another offer not open to ST holders?

Has anyone with a seating ST arranged this?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Under 10s get in free - what about ST holders?

Post by Bill W »

Tyzot wrote:Just out of interest, how does this work for ST holders. If I want to bring a 6 year old, where would they sit?

Someone I know called the ticket office and they really didn't understand the issue. Clearly the child can't sit on their own.

They can sit on your knee/lap.

What is the problem?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
chezbob
Tiger Cub

Post by chezbob »

the offer is reduced prices for the newcastle game and then that ticket can be used to purchase another at a reduced price! any offers for season ticket holders? probably not....
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

The idea is to get new bums on seats, encourage people to attend a game. Once they are hooked they will come back. It also makes it a good deal for supporters who live too far away to take advantage of having a season ticket. I would love to go to every home game but it's not practical or affordable. I live in Oxfordshire so travel and food costs have to be added in before we can decide whether or not we can afford to go to a game. If I can reduce the costs over a couple of games by taking advantage of any offers then it's good for me and the club. I've been a follower of the Tigers for as long as I can remember. I've watched them at a couple of away games thanks to a supplier. Last season my wife and I attended a home game for the first time and had a great day out from the moment we arrived in Leicester until we went home.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Tyzot wrote:Just out of interest, how does this work for ST holders. If I want to bring a 6 year old, where would they sit?

We effectively did a 'buy one' (non-ST parent) and 'get one free' (the extra child).
They won't be able to sit with us ST-holders, but they're in the same block and will be with us pre/post match and at half-time.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

BJ. wrote:No doubt some folk will say ST holders get other perks (free yearbook, a £5 off voucher to buy one very specific thing in the club shop, first chance to buy away tickets). Besides these, why bother about us? The club has already got our money.

I do feel somewhat aggrieved I have podded out over £400 for my season ticket (i.e. paid for every match) and other people are being given the opportunity to see games for free through one or other schemes to put bums on seats.
To which one can add the 10% birthday voucher and, most importantly, a guaranteed halfway-line or otherwise preferred location for your seat.
Surely you're not objecting to the club encouraging new or the return of lapsed supporters?
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Precisely.

I have paid my season ticket money - full whack, incidentally - but surely one can't begrudge the club trying to increase the attendance figures.

The more the merrier.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I agree about vouchers and the online shop; it is a clear weakness in the online service. I am fortunate that my birthday is late August and my son's mid February, so we have the season pretty well covered, but others are not so lucky.

Most stand-alone free ticket initiatives tend to be for children, so I would caution against exaggerating the number of adult supporters who watch for free. Such tickets have, historically, been in the corners and therefore not where I would choose to watch the game anyway. As a ST-holder I certainly don't object to pick 'n mix type initiatives designed to boost the supporter base, but I only speak for myself.

As regards 'silly k/o times' I know that this is a well discussed topic on here. I completely accept that if k/o times are not convenient, then a supporter is less likely to go. In which case buying a ST (for matches that one has difficulty attending) makes little sense. Of course, 'silly' for one person is 'convenient' for another and for that reason I have never really commented on the merits of various k/o times. You have to judge it on your own personal circumstances.