The Championship - Week 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Championship - Week 1

Post by chipnchase »

You probably don't even realise but England's second fully professional league kicked off this weekend. With a pitiful excuse for a launch at Twickenham and no TV coverage in site the RFU really have done nothing again but on the plus side i was up at Nottingham and witnessed a great fast and psychical performance from both them and the Cornish Pirates. I strongly advise if you have the chance to pop along and support your nearest Championship side in the forthcoming season!

Anyway - Results:

Friday, 04 September 2009
Coventry 21 - 12 Rotherham Titans
Saturday, 05 September 2009
Doncaster 12 - 26 Bedford
Moseley 25 - 50 Exeter
Plymouth Albion 33 - 10 Birmingham & Solihull
Sunday, 06 September 2009
Bristol 28 - 23 London Welsh
Nottingham 13 - 24 Penzance/Newlyn
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: The Championship - Week 1

Post by tigerburnie »

I do follow all the rugby results in the uk and watch live rugby when I can,living in Scotland it's not often a Guinness Premiership game.
I do however wish to say that a lot of posts on here seem to have little or nothing to do with Leicester Tigers.Maybe we need another forum for "rugby related,but not Tigers"
Then if I wish to find out how Bristol or any other team are doing I can do so,but I'd rather discuss the Tigers and our opposition on here.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I can bearly keep track of the threads on this forum, let alone having to track 2. I dont think it detracts from anything anyway. I like the broad rugby discussion that you can find here.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

chipnchase wrote:You probably don't even realise but England's second fully professional league kicked off this weekend. With a pitiful excuse for a launch at Twickenham and no TV coverage in site the RFU really have done nothing again but on the plus side i was up at Nottingham and witnessed a great fast and psychical performance from both them and the Cornish Pirates. I strongly advise if you have the chance to pop along and support your nearest Championship side in the forthcoming season!

Anyway - Results:

Friday, 04 September 2009
Coventry 21 - 12 Rotherham Titans
Saturday, 05 September 2009
Doncaster 12 - 26 Bedford
Moseley 25 - 50 Exeter
Plymouth Albion 33 - 10 Birmingham & Solihull
Sunday, 06 September 2009
Bristol 28 - 23 London Welsh
Nottingham 13 - 24 Penzance/Newlyn
I will be going to see Bedford a lot more this season as the fixtures do not clash with the Tigers, Cambridge also and Cambridge Uni in the week - marvellous!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
zee

Post by zee »

Why is it called the Championship? Seems a bit of a copy cat mission to me. Also who owns the tv rights? There will be womens football on bbc at prime time this week surely sky or ESPN can show an hour of this a week? NO?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Sky have breif highlights on Thursdays 'Rugby Club' last year.
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

My local Div 1 club (Esher) got relegated when the Championship was formed :smt009

They did start the season with a 148-0 victory of Mancester though!
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

I did not the Esher result, possible promotion contenders would you say or will London Scottish carry on their charge through the leagues?
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

chipnchase wrote:You probably don't even realise but England's second fully professional league kicked off this weekend.

Sorry, but the Championship is quite some way off being "England's second fully professional league".

There are just as many fully pro sides in it this season as there were last season. Most of them are in fact still Semi-pro.
The ultimate aim is to make it into a fully pro league but that is still a number of years off.