Sale v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Sale v Tigers

Post by Bill W »

Following a splendid climax to their friendlies when they defeated Munster at Welford Road Tigers now start the season with their first Premiership match of the season against Sale at Edgeley Park.

What selection dilemmas does Cockers face?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Sale v Tigers

Post by London Tiger »

Castrogiovanni, Chuter, White, Deacon, Kay, Newby, Woods, Crane all start in the pack. Can't see anybody coming in to that pack as they looked good tonight. Cole, Davis, Stankovich, Parling and Moody on the bench.

After tonight, and assuming Mauger isn't ready yet: Youngs, Staunton, Smith, Allen, Hipkiss, J.Murphy and Hamilton with Grindal, 12trees and Jeanjean on the bench. If Mauger is fit, I'd drop Jeanjean and move Allen to the bench.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Think I would have Ellis on bench rather than Grindall. Ellis needs game time.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Id be tempted to have 12T at 13 as Allen and Hipkiss struggled to make it work tonight and Hipkiss went down with a worrying bang to his arm. But then we are risking our only other 10.
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

Aren't Croft and Ellis unavaliable because of them being Lions and the madatory rest period under the EPS......?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

London Tiger wrote:Aren't Croft and Ellis unavaliable because of them being Lions and the madatory rest period under the EPS......?
Good point! OK!

ps it is mandatory

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

Bill W wrote:
London Tiger wrote:Aren't Croft and Ellis unavaliable because of them being Lions and the madatory rest period under the EPS......?
Good point! OK!

ps it is mandatory

apologies!! Although I was certain before tonight, how can they not be allowed to play next week, having played tonight....... firstly I thought maybe if they were on for less than 20mins, then it wouldn't count, but (I may well be wrong) Croft was on before the 60min mark......

Slightly confused as to how 'rest' is defined
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I think "friendlies" are allowed but "competitive games" not!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Merc has Cockers saying that Hipkiss, Mauger and Geordy all have a good chance of being fit for the Sale game. :smt023
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

If Mauger fit he must play IC

If Geordie fit play him at full back and move Hamilton to wing.

If Hipkiss fit play him at OC

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Guinness Premiership Game 1

Post by tigermad »

Less than a week to go before Sale and Leicester kick off the new Guinness Premeirship season on Friday night. Richard Cockerill has a few tough choices to make this week but expect a mixture of old and new in the starting XV for this game. Bring it on.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
TnA

Post by TnA »

Is anyone else really excited about this and going to wish the week away? Can't wait!

I think we'll start with Ayerza, Chutes, Castro, Kay, Blaze, Newby, Woods, Crane up front. Then Grindal, Staunton, Smith, Mauger (if fit), Hipkiss (if fit), Hamilton, Murphy (again if fit - all three based on Cockers assertion that they stand a good chance of being fit).
Forwards win rugby matches.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

TnA wrote:Is anyone else really excited about this and going to wish the week away? Can't wait!

I think we'll start with Ayerza, Chutes, Castro, Kay, Blaze, Newby, Woods, Crane up front. Then Grindal, Staunton, Smith, Mauger (if fit), Hipkiss (if fit), Hamilton, Murphy (again if fit - all three based on Cockers assertion that they stand a good chance of being fit).

That is a pretty good lineup TnA and it will give Sale something to think about if correct. It was really buzzing against Munster last weekend and Friday will be the mother of all games. Come on Leicester.

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TnA wrote:Is anyone else really excited about this and going to wish the week away? Can't wait!

Deacon will start in the second row.
Cockers public utterances regarding injury matters are notoriously misleading. I'm of a mind that Mauger, Hipkiss and Geordan are all struggling and that their inclusion would be a bonus.

A back line of:
Youngs, Staunton, J Murphy, Allen, Twelvetrees, Smith, Hamilton
Reps: Grindal plus two Academy / Loanees
is a very real possibility. Concerning.
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

It would be plain daft to play Grindal ahead of Youngs.