http://www.ercrugby.com/disciplinenews

Hearing today, Mon 17 Aug.
Valhalla I am coming!
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Quins disciplinary info address

Post by alex_111 »

any word on what time they'll be released?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

alex_111 wrote:any word on what time they'll be released?
Well the appeal could last one, two or three days and could then be adjourned.

Myy guess would be Thursday at the earliest and I am not holding my breath.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Probably right Bill, but it's a disgrace that the whole thing has dragged on so long!
Valhalla I am coming!
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Lots of tea and bickys with free lunches then :smt030 :smt030
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

fleabane wrote:Probably right Bill, but it's a disgrace that the whole thing has dragged on so long!

Absolutely! ECR have brught the game into disrepute every much as Quins have IMHO. Dare I mention Tincu?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Announcement on sky:

- Deano banned for 3 years
- Dr acquited on a legal technicality
- 'Quins fine increased to 300k euros; payable immediately
- 'Quins status in HC 09/10: decision pending
- Tom Williams ban reduced to 4 months

Also believe the physio has been banned but I haven't heard the duration.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Deano - 3 year coaching ban

Post by Simmo »

Deano has received a 3 year coaching ban for his part in the fake :censored: substitution.....just announced on the BBC Sport website.

A sad end to a sordid story.
Simmo
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Deano - 3 year coaching ban

Post by Bill W »

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I will await further info.

But not impressed.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

ERC do not have right to ban Tincu from playing in French Rugby but can ban Deano from Coaching anywhere in the world?

Gonna have to try and get my head round this.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

One of the Press Association pieces said that Deano was involved in four similar cover ups. Any idea if any of them relate to time in charge at Tigers? Or are they likely to be all while at Quins/in France? Sad day, but if true, I guess it is deserved.

Let us hope that our club is never dragged through the mud like Quins and Bath have been....
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

magnerstiger wrote:One of the Press Association pieces said that Deano was involved in four similar cover ups. Any idea if any of them relate to time in charge at Tigers? Or are they likely to be all while at Quins/in France? Sad day, but if true, I guess it is deserved.

Let us hope that our club is never dragged through the mud like Quins and Bath have been....
link for the article you mentioned??
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have to say that 3 years is a bit harsh, Deano had to be punished as you would have to believe that he must have had the final say about what happened. I believe skytext has stated that he has held his hand up and taken responsibility for it (and possibly 4 other incidents). 2 years for physio Steve Brennan would also indicate that he was heavily involved. Fall guy William's reduction to 4 months is also about correct. It is right that the management team were punished the most and, IMHO, the decisions are now just about correct.

There is a much bigger issue though relating to the "bending " of the existing rules to benefit your team. There is not too many sports in the world where, at the top level, this does not happen. Verbal pressure on refs/umpires, claiming to have being fouled, excessive appealing and not walking when you know you hit the ball to name a few. However, the ERC really do need to look at themselves very very hard about their role in not only this incident but at the rest of the farcial decisions they have made in the last 2 years.

When are they going to sort out the rules relating to the front row substitutions and sin bins involving FR players, discipline sanctions not being applied universally or equally and disciplinary committee judgements and appeals not following the visual evidence and relying on opposing players statements.

About as quickly as they come to sort out any problem I suspect.

Hehehehehehehehe
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Cant find proof in writing but BBC am news stated Quins remain in the Heiny.(but then again if this has not changed although theres been speculation would there be an announcement :smt017 )