Seru Rabeni

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leghorn

Seru Rabeni

Post by Leghorn »

Anyone know why he is not now joining Glaws?

There is talk on their "Shed web" forum that he picked up an injury in Fiji but I wouldn't think that would be cause alone to cancel a contract.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Seru Rabeni

Post by me2 »

Where have you seen it say that he's not joining Gloucester?

You are correct that he picked up another injury with Fiji but I've not seen mention of him having his contract cancelled!
covrich

Post by covrich »

I too cannot see anywhere that suggests he has cancelled his contract
CoalvilleBob

Post by CoalvilleBob »

I've heard the same thing from some informed Gloucester fans who seem very sure that he won't be playing for them. Perceived wisdom is the a clause allows his contract to be cancelled because he picked up the injury before he arrived at Kingsholm. As previously said this is the subject of a thread on the Shed Web (not the official one) forum.
StevoIRL
Tiger Cub

Post by StevoIRL »

Can we re-sign him if this is true? We are woefully short on 13's and Seru is a destructive one at that once his mind is right.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'd like Seru to stay.

I'd like him to pull his horns in a little and not tackle illegally, but he's big presence on the field.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Leghorn

Post by Leghorn »

http://www.gloucesterrugby.net/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=019880

Heres the link to Shed web site and thread.
zena beck

Post by zena beck »

me2 wrote:Where have you seen it say that he's not joining Gloucester?

You are correct that he picked up another injury with Fiji but I've not seen mention of him having his contract cancelled!
it was in the sunday paper saying that he had failed a medical
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

StevoIRL wrote:Can we re-sign him if this is true? We are woefully short on 13's and Seru is a destructive one at that once his mind is right.

Sorry but if it is true, why would we want to sign him??
he can be a great player, but is a liability, either banned or injured!!! hope for his sake it is not true, but i would not put any money on him being fit/available for more than 10 games a season.
glass is half full
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

nottslad wrote:
StevoIRL wrote:Can we re-sign him if this is true? We are woefully short on 13's and Seru is a destructive one at that once his mind is right.

Sorry but if it is true, why would we want to sign him??
he can be a great player, but is a liability, either banned or injured!!! hope for his sake it is not true, but i would not put any money on him being fit/available for more than 10 games a season.
I totally agree...last year he played the full 80 minutes only 6 times and he appeared in matches only 13 times....he is too much of a liabilty ...it says that he would be on about £180,000 at glaws...
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

There's always an incentive based contract. We don't have to pay him a salary, but an amount per game...

Might be worth a punt.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

How much does G. Henson Esq earn? He don't play often and I see they do not know when he will be fit again.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Can't see that myself when we have Hipkiss, Twelvetrees and Matt Smith with Allen being able to cover there as well
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I wouldn't disagree with your general point, MJ, but do you think that the opposition will look at the names Twelvetrees, Matt Smith or Allen on the teamsheet and immediately think "oh no, not him".

Whereas when they used to see that they were being lined up by Rabeni, they were a bit frit.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Kinoulton wrote:I wouldn't disagree with your general point, MJ, but do you think that the opposition will look at the names Twelvetrees, Matt Smith or Allen on the teamsheet and immediately think "oh no, not him".

Whereas when they used to see that they were being lined up by Rabeni, they were a bit frit.
Bit of an understatement Kinny. Rumour hath it there was a queue for the toilets!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007