Post by soggytiger »

Apologies, last post should have said convicted of ABH
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Lipman & Crockett

Post by Bill W »

bluntiger wrote:
Bill W wrote:Negative. Stevens test was part of the routine RFU "in season" tests. Hence the WADA rules - 2 years manatory if positive results or refused.
My point exactly though Bill. There should be no 'in season', a drugs test should be the same whether 'in season' or not and the consequences should be the same. And by the way, the season had not finished when they were asked to take the test even though they had played their last game.

Are we saying that a player is permitted to refuse a test in August and only get a reduced 9 month ban?
I concur, and indeed RFU are I understand looking at this.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 186539.stm

Well done Bath. Well done PRL. Well done PRA. Let us all nip this evil in the bud, if it indeed exists, before it blossoms.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
known as eric at work
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by known as eric at work »

Let us all nip this evil in the bud, if it indeed exists.

There lies the problem. We do not know what has gone off exactly, we don't know why the reactions from former players where that way.

There is a problem with being overtly moral here. There is a possibility that there has been a perceived wrong doing, prior to any reaction.

This is not a game in this position,where upon the judge is sole arbiter of truth. Most people would NOT play with their livelyhoods in this way.
We could have a position where upon persons have grievences that have suddenly been able to brought to air, but in the wrong forum.

I am not being Devils advocate, but my gut feeling is that there is something deeper going off at the Rec.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

This party culture at Bath amongst the players has been well known and mostly ignored by the senior players and management for some time. Maybe they put it down to high jinx or good team bonding.

But surely after the Matt Stevens situation erupted they should have acted much more decisively. They didn't and it was only a question of time before something else developed.

IMO the team management should have made EVERYONE of the first team squad take a drung test following the London incident, not just the six members that they requested to take a test (four of whom were convicted). That would have flushed ALL the guilty parties as I for one do not believe they have weeded out all of the culprits.
Always a Tiger