CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Re: CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Post by cornish tigress »

Thank you so much for your donations. I am really getting quite overwhelmed by how brilliant tigers fans and rugby fans in general are.

I have posted on all the unoffy boards now (at first pathetically got the link wrong and got a few confused posts-doh!) and it's official -
WASPS FANS CAN BE LOVELY TOO :smt001
and London Welsh fans, and anonymous strangers :smt038

Came back after training walk and someone had donated £50, had 10 minute bath and by the time I got out, Matt had another £55. Can't believe it. :smt001

Off to meet gentleman of the press now. Have washed my hair with special Lush shampoo purchased yesterday that makes your hair all shiny. Be prepared to be dazzled by my shiny hair! It was a bit odd, in a Ben & Jerry's tub, really hope I didn't get it muddled with Phish Food :smt003
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
tim15

Post by tim15 »

Donation made yesterday, with gift aid ticked.

Just a thought Alix, but if your legs are tired, maybe you could get the rubbed down by the Tiger's physio, whilst the player of your choice holds the balm? :smt002

Unless of course you would prefer Bill W, Kinoulton or BJ.
:smt040
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Ah if only you knew me! My husband will be laughing like a drain at that post as I have a massage phobia, and threaten hairdressers that try that head massage thing, and once on holiday agreed to go for a full body massage with my husband in this hut thing and the minute the guy said take your clothes off and lie on the table, I legged it out the door so fast and left my poor husband to suffer an hour of pummelling on his own. Absolutely hate it. I hate it the same as when petrol station people try and fill up your car for you. It's the same thing for me. I just feel all lady muck and uncomfortable. :smt003
BrumJim2

Post by BrumJim2 »

Seriously, though, there should be no reason why you can't get your aching limbs rubbed down by the club physio after you arrive.

My mum got treatment from the club doctor after getting caught out by a speed camera on the way to the ground* - wouldn't let her take her seat until he was happy that she was OK.

*Caught out, as in walked into the post, not as in doing 45 in a 30 zone!
"And I've been supporting them every year since 1978."
"So you are a fair weather fan, then."
"Yes, I suppose!"
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

:lol: :lol: That is brilliant, your poor mum! I knew those things should be banned but couldn't think of a good reason. Now we have one.

No really, if they threaten to massage me, I shall be straight out the door and walking home again. :smt001
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

cornish tigress wrote::lol: :lol: That is brilliant, your poor mum! I knew those things should be banned but couldn't think of a good reason. Now we have one.

No really, if they threaten to massage me, I shall be straight out the door and walking home again. :smt001

Even if it's your favourite player offering private massage? :smt002 :smt003 Perhaps instead of a rub-down, they could buy you large drinks?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

NO! I won't do it if you go on. Some people don't like spiders. Some people don't like massages. :smt022

Pint of Baileys Irish Cream would be very acceptable though :smt002
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Oh well, pass on the rub down idea then. How about if I get my reiki friend to send you distance healing for when you arrive?

I can also highly recommend a product called Dr Burts Res-Q ointment from Burt's Bees for blisters and sores (although we hope you won't have many of those).

Bottle of Bailey's and a straw it is.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Rosalicious
Tiger Cub

Post by Rosalicious »

cornish tigress wrote: I just feel all lady muck and uncomfortable. :smt003
I was 9lbs 10 ozs when I was born and my mum was 5 feet nothing and 7 stones. Therefore I was a Ceasarian baby. Back in the day, they couldn't do these ops in the maternity hospital in little old Huntingdon so I was received into the world in the big General Hospital. Consequently I was the only baby in the entire place and the nurses would fight each other as to who would bathe me, feed me and generally make sure that I was fussed over.

Therefore I was born into lady muckdom. If you are ok to do the walk, Alix, I will happily step in for the massage.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Thanks Rosalicious! You're on.

I have just been in a big trench planting trees, so I am more 'lady covered in muck', on the whole.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Don't know why I've only just spotted this post (note to self - book optician's appointment).

When I went to the British Beer Festival on Friday, wearing my MH polo top, a complete stranger - who was totally trolleyed at the time - shoved some money into my hand while I was on my way to Earls Court tube station, and said 'Make sure it gets to Matt, don't spend it on yourself'. Well, whoever you are, Mr Hammered Stranger, your donation, and mine are going to CT for her totally insane walk.

Hope your head is feeling better, sir, because on Saturday morning it will have been very bad.

I think the scalp massage at the hairderssers is one of the best bits.....
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Thanks Debbie. Love the story about the trolleyed stranger. Brilliant!
:smt001
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Just given - best of luck!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated. I have just passed the £1000 mark this morning thanks to everyone's amazing generosity. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Walked 4 miles before brekkie but may not have time for any more today. Yesterday I clocked up 14. I will NOT let you down!

I am going to start twittering for my actual walk if anyone wants to follow my progress. Rambling ramblings of a mad woman. How could you resist?

I am cornishtigress (all one word) on twitter. Is that all you need? I haven't a clue...all this technology wrestling is more tiring than the walking! Am also trying to work out how to show my route as some people have asked - failed up to now...but watch this space...
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Link to routes below
http://alixwood.co.uk/wfm.htm

This is a link to my routes and blog which I'll update every night. If anyone wants to join me on any parts of the walk contact
[email protected]
who is mission control.
But you wont get any of your money back! :smt003

I am going to put a few training bits on in the next day or so too.
Last edited by cornish tigress on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.