CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Post by Bill W »

cornish tigress wrote:As long as I can jiggle my pom poms from a bath chair I'll give it a go, Bill... :smt017 You may find I'm a bit of a disappointment.. :smt002
You will never disappoint me CT.

What is disappointing however is that with 400+ hits so few have put their money behind your endeavour.

I am keeping a list.

Common guys and girls - everyone could afford £5 (plus gift aid) - if not £10.

LETS ALL SUPPORT ALIX (AKA CORNISH TIGRESS)
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It may say 400 views but do bear in mind that Tigerbeat and I have to view every post that is made on the forum, so every time a new post is made one or other (or both) of us will have viewed the thread.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tiggger

Post by Tiggger »

Donation made!

Best of luck Alix - are you going to let us know your route? then some of us maybe able to join you for part of it to add some support for you!
Johnno is God!!!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

That would be great as I shall be going bonkers with boredom I suspect. Mr CT has the route all planned so I will add a link to my website once I have worked out how. Bunting would be nice too, and sponges! On one of my training walks I got swallowed up with the Launceston half marathon, and got water and sponges and people cheering. Felt a proper fraud!

Thanks so much for your donation Tiggger, I have been overwhelmed with the support. Thanks to Bill's daughter too, really appreciated. :smt001 Done 6 miles this am, then work, then 8 miles later today.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

As promised donation made. All the best and look forward to hearing about it along the way.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

done... have fun

billw not everyone can afford even £5 in the present climate... as much as they would like to.... charity cannot be gained from bullying.... as much as i agree with your sentiment

CT.. i am putting the link on my facebook ... so hopefully maybe you'll get more from that
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

kevf wrote:done... have fun

billw not everyone can afford even £5 in the present climate... as much as they would like to.... charity cannot be gained from bullying.... as much as i agree with your sentiment

CT.. i am putting the link on my facebook ... so hopefully maybe you'll get more from that

I don't think Bill was "bullying" - simply barracking for support. If people can't afford to give, that's fine.
I was thinking we might suggest a forum users' banner of support for when CT arrives...

something like "oi put that player down, aren't you tired yet?" :smt002 :smt003
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Thank you Rizzo. Chivvying would be the word I would use.

To those who walk to the library to use the free internet service to access this forum please forgive me.

To those who do so from their own PC over Broadband - £5? Why not £10 or £20.

To those who use their employers equipment - might you spare £5 or perhaps more.

I think a big greeting is de rigeur!! I take it arrangements are in hand with Gary?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

ok maybe a bit harsh a word but as my dear old father used to say its not what you say its how you say it

i refuse to donate to charity even if it is a good cause if people try to make me feel guilty about not giving......

just me i guess....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Time out here.

I do not want this to become a bicker-fest about people giving or not giving - this is about a great effort and a good thing which Alix is doing by her own choice (she is, of course, totally mad).
Let us just leave it that those who can will give and no one is considered any worse etc if they do not. Please no comments about who can or cannot afford to donate and/or how much anyone should give. Any such comments will be removed.

Supportive messages would be welcome, I am sure.
Demelza - another Mother
andyuk1974

Post by andyuk1974 »

Good luck with your walk CT, must be the season for sponsored events, im doing a london to paris bike ride too, so good luck and ill try and donate some when i get back.
Rosalicious
Tiger Cub

Post by Rosalicious »

As I said on the donation page Alix, you are doing this for all us middle-aged women as well as for Matt :smt023

I hope you are taking the opportunity to stock up on the carbs (Krispy Kremes, Red Thai Chilli crisps, cake of all descriptions).

GOOD LUCK!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Whoa! Thanks everyone. Kevf thanks for putting it on Facebook, that's really great. I have spent this evening blitzing the unoffy supporters sites so may get something from there. Any other hints gratefully received. Obviously I only want spare cash, not the baby's bottle though guys! But thanks Bill, I really appreciate the sentiment.

Rosalicious, thanks for your donation too and spurring words! Middle aged biddies unite. :smt041

Andy, good luck with your bike ride too. That is a bit of a long way. What do you do under the channel? Do you still pedal? I hope so. :smt002

Have walked 48.2 miles so far this week. Really need to crank it up a bit next week though. I'll have to do way over double that when I'm walking for real. Tomorrow I am being interviewed by a gentleman of the press! Bit scary. :smt003
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
andyuk1974

Post by andyuk1974 »

Yes its 280 miles luckily we manage to take the ferry accross the channel, but the main thing is for the cause as its The Royal British Legions poppy appeal so its all good.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Donation made. Fantastic effort well done CT.

If you can walk 230 miles I'm sure you can make it round the pitch as well. If not I'm sure a couple of us can carry you around on our shoulders. Well done girl go for it then take the credit you deserve.

Paul Susan & Helen (The Crumblies)